It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Birth Certificate Rears Its Head - Again

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Why are so many who clearly supported Mr. Obama's rise to power so vehemently offended by the inquiries?

In the 2000 election there was a whiff of GOP buying the election in Florida

The "FACTS" of WMD for the war in Iraq, which were proven as LIES.

The thousands who have died due to these Bush policies and the current economic collapase are the reasons why a lot of people see the whispering of Obamas origins as digusting, rascist and mute compared to the deaths incurred from the
"Smoking gun in the shape of a MUSHROOM Cloud" bollock$

[edit on 2-12-2008 by dalek]
edit for spell

[edit on 2-12-2008 by dalek]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Because the Supreme law of the land says so and many of us believe that our government should adhere to the US Constitution. If it is ever changed through an amendment then we wouldn't have no problem with it.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by jam321]

can anyone direct me to the ruling that prohibits foreign birthed children from getting the office of President?

its not a debate, just a question :-)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
new :

www.rense.com...

and

www.associatedcontent.com...

and

www.worldnetdaily.com...

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Tinkabit]

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Tinkabit]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkabit
"Pakistan was on the banned travel list for US Citizens at the time and all non-Muslim visitors were not welcome unless sponsored by their embassy for official business.”

I'm having trouble finding any sources for this travel ban story on Pakistan in the 80s.

I thought Pakistan was a US ally in the 80s. And apparently that is the general consensus:

During the Soviet-Afghan War in the 1980s Pakistan was a major U.S. ally. But relations soured in the 1990s, when sanctions were applied by the U.S. over suspicions of Pakistan's nuclear activities. (source)

I found a reprint of a Washington Post article of 1998, that shows a table with the number and type of sanctions the US imposed on some countries.

We can see there an "Air and travel ban" on Angola in 1997, an "air travel ban" on Libya in 1978.

On Pakistan, however, we see this:

U.S. imposes limited sanctions (1979)
U.S. waives sanctions during Soviet intervention in Afghanistan (1980s)

Travel warnings on the other hand, are quite often, but do not impose a travel ban on citizens. For example, on this page on the State Department's website, we have a listing of the Current Travel Warnings.

Pakistan is listed with the date of November 21, 2008.

The Department of State warns U.S. citizens against non-essential travel to Pakistan in light of the threat of terrorist activity.

Does anyone have a source for this Pakistan travel ban in the 1980s? I find that story very fishy...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
heres a link that shows his birth certificate with seal number and all thegreatrollcall.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalek
can anyone direct me to the ruling that prohibits foreign birthed children from getting the office of President?

its not a debate, just a question :-)

There's no law or ruling that specifically prohibits a foreign born person from being President. Article II Section I Clause 5 of the US Constitution states:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Nowhere in the Constitution (or US law) "natural born" citizen is defined, but it is widely understood as someone who is born in the United States.

Section 101(a)(38) [8 U.S.C. 1101] of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides a definition for United States:

The term "United States", except as otherwise specifically herein provided, when used in a geographical sense, means the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands of the United States, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by danx]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by neil a

You do not know what you are talking about. That is NOT a Birth Certificate. It is a "Certificate of Live Birth." Completely a diferent form.
You or I can probably get one as well. And I was born in Germany.

Below is a line from the article you refer to:
We beg to differ. FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate.

This is impossible as the "Original" birth certificate is sealed away from public viewing. Here FactCheck.org is telling a flat out LIE!

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
As only half of the voting population voted for him, Obama should show this documentation to prove to the people who didn't vote for him, that, at the very least, he is an honest man who is legally able to take office.

Then everyone could just move on and get on with it.
It doesn't seem an unreasonable request to most people.

Surely this should apply to all president elects, which it hasn't. Or is it the case that here is a non white man with a non white name. Which of course is entirely in keeping with the latent racist nature of US society. After all just because somebody is white with a western name does not mean they are eligable for president, for example "Gordon Brown". If a man called "Gordon Brown" was president elect would there be calls for his birth certificate.......NO and you all know it.

So hang your head in shame, US citizens, for this continuing debacle.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by malcr]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

The law is the law ! So they tell you, have you ever lost your license, it's impossible to get one unless you prove your who you are.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
This might sound a little ignorant, and I am sorry if anyone would feel that way, but aren't the only true Americans the Native ones?

I mean, almost all of you are immigrants not very far ago, just a few generations. So, isn't this whole "is he legit or not" discussion a little hypocritical?

I do understand the fact that the President should be born in the country, but he lived there almost all his life. At least. And he won by popular vote. Isn't that the important part?

The "immigrant" situation is different for the USA, because it is a very different country.

Flame me gently please, I mean no harm.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Can anyone tell me why is it so important that the US President has to be born in the US, rather than just be a citizen? Are they more American for being born on the US soil? Do they know more about the US and can take the citizenship test perfectly like someone who is applying for citizenship?

All I see is a technicality that people are using to make sure Obama never gets into office, whether it be because of his race, him being democrat, or both.

If more than 50% of the US population wants him as President and a small group of whiners don't, why don't the whiners know what "majority rules" means in a Democracy?

[edit on 2-12-2008 by DJMessiah]

Because that's what the constitution says?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
Was Arnold Schwarzenegger born in the USA. If not, then why is he holding office in California? I don't see all the threads dedicated to Arnold and his ineligibilty. Get over it OBAMA WON, not much you can do about it...sheesh. Talk about sore losers
. These aren't adults have discussions, these are children crying about not getting what they want

[edit on 2-12-2008 by riggs2099]

[edit on 2-12-2008 by riggs2099]

Arnold is not running for president, California's constitution is not the constitution of the USA. And BTW I voted for Obama and I want him to be the pres. Just want him to do it legally.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

To be A gov., senator, mayor, whatever you do not have to be natural born. However, The President must be. 3 criteria: over 35, 14 years residence, born here. Thats it. If he (Obama) dosent meet that then he needs to have a vacation in prison for fraud of the american people. period.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Can anyone tell me why is it so important that the US President has to be born in the US, rather than just be a citizen? Are they more American for being born on the US soil? Do they know more about the US and can take the citizenship test perfectly like someone who is applying for citizenship?

All I see is a technicality that people are using to make sure Obama never gets into office, whether it be because of his race, him being democrat, or both.

If more than 50% of the US population wants him as President and a small group of whiners don't, why don't the whiners know what "majority rules" means in a Democracy?

[edit on 2-12-2008 by DJMessiah]

Why don't you read the US Constitution and find that answer for yourself ?

The REASON WHY is so that our country isn't HIJACKED away by Foreign Despots under another flag. It is a way to PRESERVE our way of life, liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
its not hard to attain a birth certificate..if he wasnt born in the united states we would have seen an actual copy of the birth certificate by now..plain and simple

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hi,

This URL raises the possibility that Barry was born in Indonesia and adopted.
www.youtube.com...
as well as more analysis of his forged HI birth cert.

His rise to power resulted from failure of the Democratic National Committee to do their jobs and screen their candidate. So now we have a con-artist, drug user, drug dealer, and a liar who is about to take the oath.

He and his handlers missed the Dec 1st deadline to fork over the real birth certificate. Yeah, that's so labor intensive to do. They'll thumb their noses at the Dec 5th deadline as well. Barry is WAY above the law, and the Trilateral Commission, the Bilderbergs, and the Council on Foreign Relations will protect him for the next 8 years; and they're laughing their asses off at the voters.

Hillary could have shut him down early on but she didn't, Why not?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
I just have a question. If Obama had the power and help to hide that he was born in Kenya, wouldn’t he also have the power and help to get a fake US birth cert?

So why, if you don’t believe he was born in the US would you want to see his birth cert, couldn’t that be fake too?

Just accept that he WAS born in the USA, in the state of Hawaii. Simple as that.

Mikey

But Mikey if they do make a fraudulent birth certificate , it will come out EVENTUALLY at some point and then it would put a few prominent people in gaol for fraud and a whole pile of other criminal offences.

I can see why they would prefer it NOT to come that.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

this "technicality" as you call it applies to everyone and is cast in stone- dont like it dont stand for office

Anything wrong with transparency?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

I feel compelled to respond to this idiot.

Surely this should apply to all president elects, which it hasn't. ...If a man called "Gordon Brown" was president elect would there be calls for his birth certificate.......NO and you all know it.

There was a similar dispute about John McCain early on, which started way back in the primaries, about whether or not he could be president. There were also questions way back in 1964 when Barry Goldwater ran, because he was born in Arizona territory, before they gained statehood.

Fact is, if McCain won, all you Obama supporters would probably be griping just the same, albeit modified arguments, about McCain's natural status. So please stfu.

So hang your head in shame, US citizens, for this continuing debacle.

Maybe you should hang your head, too. You're the one, after all, that is rattling off like a baseless retard.

Okay? Thanks.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by SpencerJ]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SpencerJ

well said spencer- ironically these same people who are saying this is only emerging because he is black and/or democrat are somehow suggesting that the stated rules and criteria should NOT apply to him BECAUSE he is black and/or democrat!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join