It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Birth Certificate Rears Its Head - Again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Obama Birth Certificate Rears Its Head - Again

news.aol .com

The election may be over, but not the controversy.

Just when you thought the flap over the genuineness of Barack Obama's birth certificate was all said and done, in comes the We The People Foundation.

The group purchases a full-page ad in The Chicago Tribune - the newspaper of the president-elect's hometown - today and Wednesday, called "Open Letter to Mr. Obama." It's described by the foundation as a "formal Petition for a Redress (Remedy) for the alleged violation of the 'natural born citizen' clause of the Constitution of the United States of America."

Click here to view the ad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Apparantly the fat lady has not yet sung.

Potential for Consititutional Crisis Still Exists.

Can this discussion occur without the polarization of politically extreme emotionalism??

It is not settled, and as such, we in this country of still free speech should be able to discuss without ad hominem attacks. Enter only if you can keep it positive.

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
Edited for spelling to avoid further attackteds

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Tinkabit]

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
As only half of the voting population voted for him, Obama should show this documentation to prove to the people who didn't vote for him, that, at the very least, he is an honest man who is legally able to take office.

Then everyone could just move on and get on with it.
It doesn't seem an unreasonable request to most people.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
How many threads are there on this?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Babies, if you've had no Constitutional crisis in the past eight years over there, let's just accept that you're too apathetic to do anything now.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me why is it so important that the US President has to be born in the US, rather than just be a citizen? Are they more American for being born on the US soil? Do they know more about the US and can take the citizenship test perfectly like someone who is applying for citizenship?

All I see is a technicality that people are using to make sure Obama never gets into office, whether it be because of his race, him being democrat, or both.

If more than 50% of the US population wants him as President and a small group of whiners don't, why don't the whiners know what "majority rules" means in a Democracy?

[edit on 2-12-2008 by DJMessiah]

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Before this thread gets nailed to the wall as superfluous I would like to add a thought.

Why are so many who clearly supported Mr. Obama's rise to power so vehemently offended by the inquiries?

It seems that we should be concerned about these matters, regardless of 'overlooking' them previously, or who he is, or who is asking. It's not personal.

Yet the offense seems continually reduced to some kind of inflamed nonsense, racism, poor losers, etc. Are the rules not to be followed?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Was Arnold Schwarzenegger born in the USA. If not, then why is he holding office in California? I don't see all the threads dedicated to Arnold and his ineligibilty. Get over it OBAMA WON, not much you can do about it...sheesh. Talk about sore losers
. These aren't adults have discussions, these are children crying about not getting what they want

[edit on 2-12-2008 by riggs2099]

[edit on 2-12-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Can anyone tell me why is it so important that the US President has to be born in the US, rather than just be a citizen?

Because the Supreme law of the land says so and many of us believe that our government should adhere to the US Constitution. If it is ever changed through an amendment then we wouldn't have no problem with it.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by jam321]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Well one reason being...other than the constitution of course.

Allegiance.

Lets go back to World war 2, just to have a nice example. You have a German born person living in America, he is an America citizen. Everyone thinks he is American born.

He is elected president, and then you find out he is German, born in the country you are fighting...can you say you would still fully trust him.

Now, silly reason or not...it is still a reason.

I wanted Obama to win, I though he was a better candidate that McCain, but if he is not America born, I will have no harsh thoughts about seeing him stripped of power.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Obviously you didn't learn anything about our Constitution. Only the POTUS must be natural born. Folks who immigrated to the US and have taken citizenship may hoild any office BUT the POTUS!
Zindo

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
Was Arnold Schwarzenegger born in the USA. If not, then why is he holding office in California? I don't see all the threads dedicated to Arnold and his ineligibilty. Get over it OBAMA WON, not much you can do about it...sheesh. Talk about sore losers
. These aren't adults have discussions, these are children crying about not getting what they want

Because being the Governor of California does not require you to be born in the USA. You just have to be a citizen. Being the President of the USA does require you to be a "Natural Born" citizen. Do some research before posting something irrelevent to the topic.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinkabit

This topic will always get an emotional response. Mostly from the "you lost, get over it" crowd, even though I've seen many an Obama supporter say that they want this settled too.

I looked at their ad/letter and I doubt they will get a response from him. At least not in the form they asked for it. Since there are so many court cases waiting to be heard I would imagine that this letter will be mostly ignored by Obama unless someone from the media specifically asks him about it and even then he may ignore their questions. I want it settled one way or the other as much as the next person, but I don't think printing full page ads is going to get anything accomplished aside from more people becoming aware that there are lawsuits questioning his eligibility.

reply to post by riggs2099

There aren't threads about Arnold because he is eligible to be governor. He can't run for president or vice president, but he can hold pretty much any other office he's elected to. The natural born clause only applies when we talk about being president or vice president.

reply to post by Maxmars

Apparently we should all just roll over and accept everything so they won't call us sore losers and racists anymore. I guess this means we have to stop questioning the government completely until Obama is out of office so they won't think we are racist.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Well since I am not american...oooops..
. I still stick to my original statement...THESE ARE NOT ADULTS HAVING DISCUSSIONS, IT IS CHILDREN CRYING ABOUT NOT GETTING WHAT THEY WANT.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
My whole argument on the issue is that as a voter I have to prove that I'm eligible to vote beforehand. Why can't I demand the same from people that are on the ballot?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
reply to post by Erasurehead

Well since I am not american...oooops..
. I still stick to my original statement...THESE ARE NOT ADULTS HAVING DISCUSSIONS, IT IS CHILDREN CRYING ABOUT NOT GETTING WHAT THEY WANT.

Your opinion is still welcome, regardless of your nationality.

I agree with you only to the extent that, as a baby, I want my lawful Constitutional form of Democratic Republic respected. Especially from those who I 'pay' to serve and protect my country. Boo hoo.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Can anyone tell me why is it so important that the US President has to be born in the US, rather than just be a citizen? Are they more American for being born on the US soil? Do they know more about the US and can take the citizenship test perfectly like someone who is applying for citizenship?

Because its in the Constitution of the United States of America.
Without the Constitution we are not the USA. Its what this country
was founded on and I for one completely back it.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kords21
My whole argument on the issue is that as a voter I have to prove that I'm eligible to vote beforehand. Why can't I demand the same from people that are on the ballot?

Thats what I stated on another thread, the prior precident that was set was wrong and judicial activism in my opinion. Once a candidate is challenged it should goto court and be proven. That sets precidence for said candidate and no one can challenge him again. A prior judge booted the issue more than likely because he wanted said candidate in office. That set the precident. That case had nothing to do with Obama.

Instead of ending this huge drawn out string of cases by producing one document. Obama has spent gobs of money on teams, yes teams, of lawyers in multiple states to keep his original BC secret. At first I was like wtf this is just whining. Then I read every single court document from birth to present. What I saw was astonishing. I dont understand why someone goes thru that much crap to hide a BC.

He could stop paying all these fees for the price of what 25 bucks for another copy? Im pretty sure the cost of all these cases has exceeded 100k.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Because the Supreme law of the land says so and many of us believe that our government should adhere to the US Constitution. If is ever changed through an amendment then we wouldn't have no problem with it.

The "Supreme law of the land," also says the government cannot endorse/favor one religion over the other, and to keep separation of church and state, and yet the President is sworn over a Bible, prayers occur before congress starts their session, and who are those people engraved above the Supreme Court building?

So once again, why is it important that the President be born in the US? If we can have anyone in congress, from another branch of the goverment, be a non-US born citizen, then why not the President?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
Because its in the Constitution of the United States of America.
Without the Constitution we are not the USA. Its what this country
was founded on and I for one completely back it.

So what happens when there is an Amendment to the Constitution?

Do we cease to exist?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join