It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec1st,2008 – Venus, Jupiter and Moon form “smiley face” - images

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
i have pics i'll post later today...
over here in the western states it wasnt a smiley at all. the moon was on top with venus on bottom and jupiter to the right like a triangle...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

No.. the other stars were not blacked out. I am staying in the ACT and from my view the few other stars in the vacinity were dim or obsolete.
30 year event or not we were intended to see it. Bet you an mp3 half the people you ask about it tomorrow didn't see it. I'm taking it as a sign. Take it as you will. Great picture, love to see more of them.

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Last night it was an upside down unhappy face : (

guess it was because the stock market closed so bad haha

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
reply to post by themuse

Thanks - seemed kind of strange not having a lot of stars in the background. Nice shots.

This is exactly the kind of comment that annoys me.. we see this Sooo many times on ATS.

IT IS NOT STRANGE THAT THERE ARE NO STARS IN THE BACKGROUND.

I am not going to elaborate as it gets really tiring pointing things out to people. I think my 8 year old son could tell you why "there are no stars in the background" and why it isn't even remotely "strange".

On a lighter note, at my house the smilie face was almost upside down :>
I was a bit mesmerized last night.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Its deadset true, lol. I live in a little town in Queensland Australia. and me and my family stood outside and watched it. It was pretty neat, then last nite, it lookd like a frowny face, lol

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by themuse
Hi Everyone

Heres a pic of the smiley face in the sky tonight over Kalgoorlie Western Australia. I have others i took on different exposures so you can see more of the shadowed moon but they ruin the smile!

Apparently this wont happen again until July 21st 2036

I am happy to email the originals to anyone whom would like a high res one. Im going through all the shots again now to see if theres a better couple. U2U me if youre keen

Venus Jupiter and the Crescent Moon

December 1st, 2008 – Venus, Jupiter and Moon form “smiley face”
In the last week in November and the first week of December 2008, the two brightest planets, Venus and Jupiter, will be close together in the evening sky, forming a spectacular double. The two are closest together on Monday December 1st, with Venus lying about 2 degrees to the South (left) of Jupiter. On the same night the Crescent Moon will appear just beneath them, forming a “Smiley Face”.

Upper diagram shows graphic representation of the event; lower diagram shows a more accurate representation of arrangement. Viewers in WA will see a better view, with the moon closer to the planets, while in South Africa the Moon will move between Venus and Jupiter.

Source

Keeping Smiling

themuse

[edit on 1/12/2008 by themuse]

maybe I caught this too late, but last few nights I looked at the sky, the two "eyes" were below the smile. in other words, I never saw that damn smiley face.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by survival
just got done walking the dogs up here in the north hemisphere rocky mountains... even though my hands were numb afterwards, and it was below freezing, i could not help but notice (through my collective) that something out there is watching us all. Hold strong you all and keep your heads up.

My thoughts exactly, survival. It feels that way just about every night here. I would say more but it would look like I was just trying to spoil the pleasant conversations going on , so I won't. I will just keep my head up, like you said.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I started a thread on this yesterday after having failed to find this one. In any case, check out my pics from South Africa, including closeups of the planets!

Linky

Awesome pics OP!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join