It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec1st,2008 – Venus, Jupiter and Moon form “smiley face” - images

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

New world order indeed!! I really did laugh out loud at the imagery. Great graphic but what is the significance of 322

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
hahaha! that's cute. I had a completely different perspective of it. The moon was actually a bit above the planets. Still a VERY cool sight to see!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
We had alot of cloud moving over it quickly last night but it was beautiful. I wanted to take pictures myself but could not find my camera

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Here's a cross-link back to the other thread on this, by Member 'easynow', which was closed and redirected here.

It had two videos, the first linked below. Take a look if you like.

here.

Thanks to easynow for the cool vids on this.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Saw this from DC area tonight, I couldn't take my eyes off it, pretty cool alignment. 44 years till it comes back on Nov. 18, 2052, Glad I got to see it and know what it was before hand. Can just imagine what early humans thought of it.

Getting a telescope soon....always wanted one, now have to decide, any suggestions for under 500? U2U if do...

Thx all

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
awesome..even nature has a sense of humour?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

sheesh! I swear everytime I post in one of these threads concering the triple line up, the same mod shows up pointing everyone in the other way

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
California here. Yesterday was a better smiley than today, but oh well
Pretty cool to see around the world perspective

smg.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
THE SWEET MAKER OF EVERYTHING is showing off His CUTENESS in astronomical proportions. And HE is just beginning. We will see more ;-)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
i saw it too here in Philippines., it's amazing cause you can see the two planets even you use a simple telescope. wow!

my email:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by themuse

The second shot looks like Gizmo from the gremlins

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Oscitate]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Lol, I actually haven't been able to see anything because of these clouds. It's been raining/snowing here in Northern Kentucky for the past day or so.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Really cool pictures!

Was that formation only visible from Australia? Because i haven't noticed anything like that yesterday.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
its nice to see that the night sky still smiles for us.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
december 2, 2008

well i saw it this night but it wasn't a smiley face anymore. it was like a sad face.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Happy Birthday Badmedia !!

Off my own topic but its a bday how can I not say it!!

Are you having a Barbie out underneath the Smiley? I havent checked tonights sky yet i hope its lovely where you are.

themuse

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ..†..

Hey ..†..

I honestly didnt know about it until i got a call to have a look. After i took some shots i googled and the link and info on the first post of this thread said it was best seen here in West Oz.

I am not complaining its nice to have front row tickets for a change

heres another one saying WA has best view

Viewers in Western Australia had the best view, with the moon appearing closer to the "eyes".

Source

tonight we have clouds so I cant see anything yet.

themuse

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

Oscitate
Funnily enough I can see what you mean it took me a minute, but it definately there!! Awesome imagination you have.

themuse

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Saw it as well from China,
A question, why is the crescent moon horizontal smiling in China, but vertical in the West?

[edit on 2-12-2008 by HiAliens]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens
Saw it as well from China,
A question, why is the crescent moon horizontal amiling in China, but vertical in the West?

Point of view i supose.
The moon is soo close to us that it can "change" it's angle depending from where you are looking, and that goes for the light of the sun hitting it too of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join