It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*rips hair off head* AAAHHH!!! THIS IS NUTS!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
www.usnews.com...

www.usnews.com...

*head explodes*

[Edited on 1/20/2003 by necro99]

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hey, good lucky find Necro99.

But this plane is not a stealth.So, the F-22 will shot down it without any problem, and the super-flanker pilot will not understand what happened.

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 05:11 AM
link   
so their saying that if the F-22 got in a dogfight with it, it would lose?

ok problem solved, the F-22 doesn't need to dogfight, it would just shoot the thing out of the air at 30+ (can't remember range of AMRAAM off the top of my head) miles

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Not so fast

The AMRAAM is showing its age. AA-10 and AA-12 have both greater official range.

If USA don't put the FMRAAM into production, they can be put on serious trouble.

BTW: AFAIK, while not as stealth as F-22, Su-37 incorporates stealth features to some degree. Period.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Russian jets have been able to play games in the air for years!

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Regardless if its is stealthy or not..its still really cool. Just imagine that capability incorporated in a stealth fighter. It would be the ultimate kill vehicle

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 05:00 AM
link   
If you listen carefully at what the guy is talking about, you will notice that it is a nice propoganda video clip...

The only thing that the SU-37 doesn't has is a stealth coating. Although the Su-37 has thrust-vectoring engines, it is still an older engine. The F-22's engine is much more sophisticated.

I don't really think that thrust vectoring technology is the future...
Sure an aircraft can pull tighter truns and can do rapid reversals of direction. But in a mach 2 dogfight(I don't think there will ever be dogfights...) the plane can turn that fast, but the PILOT will pass out...(probably)

I think that the SU-47 however is a much bigger 'thread'...
It's swept-forward wing improves anti-stall characteristics

The high turn rate of the Su-47 allows the aircraft to quickly turn towards the next target for weapon launch.

More info...

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   

MUHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It could have stealth if they use plasma field technology.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   

MUHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah funny huh? I found that pic on some russian website

----
I have heard about that before, I think i'm gonna write a page about it for my website.

On this website they are talking about it:
robocat.users.btopenworld.com...

The aircraft which probably gets most of its stealth capability from its paint and (rumour has it) the electro - magnetic plasma field around the aircraft. This technology is one of the most closely guarded secrets of the Russian Airforce and details are not published yet. However I found this article and re-produce it below.

Seems pretty interesting

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
I don't really think that thrust vectoring technology is the future...
Sure an aircraft can pull tighter truns and can do rapid reversals of direction. But in a mach 2 dogfight(I don't think there will ever be dogfights...) the plane can turn that fast, but the PILOT will pass out...(probably)

i think the future is unmanned remote-controlled and computer-controlled aircraft. the pilot will be the weakest link in designing the most capable aircraft in the future.

[Edited on 1-3-2003 by The General]

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If they have missiles on them and a targeting system taht allows them to target just as far as the Us missiles/planes, 30 miles or whatever, over the horizon stuff, cant they jsut get in range, fire a missile or 2, then do that quick turn and run

Or just say there is a big aerial battle going on, hundreds of aircraft around the joint, might have 1 behind and 1 in front. Fire ont he one in front, do a quick flip, fire on the one behind ;P

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
If they have missiles on them and a targeting system taht allows them to target just as far as the Us missiles/planes, 30 miles or whatever, over the horizon stuff, cant they jsut get in range, fire a missile or 2, then do that quick turn and run

Or just say there is a big aerial battle going on, hundreds of aircraft around the joint, might have 1 behind and 1 in front. Fire ont he one in front, do a quick flip, fire on the one behind ;P

the russians developed a new air-to-air missile that got a range of more then 400 km.

[Edited on 5-6-2003 by $tranger]

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 04:44 AM
link   
"the russians developed a new air-to-air missile that got a range of more then 400 km."

Does that mean targetting also from 400km away?

If so, then begeebuz, the Russians can fire one or 2 of those missiles from 400km away, then retreat back to base and reload and let the other aircraft that got targetted have a bit of fun playing dodge the missiles...

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Well maybe it isn't.

So does that mean that being a commie is still punishable by death???

What a hypocritical life we Americans lead.

GO RUSSIA

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
"the russians developed a new air-to-air missile that got a range of more then 400 km."

Does that mean targetting also from 400km away?

If so, then begeebuz, the Russians can fire one or 2 of those missiles from 400km away, then retreat back to base and reload and let the other aircraft that got targetted have a bit of fun playing dodge the missiles...

thats the missile from the s-300 sam site, the onl abm defence system in the world

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 06:24 AM
link   
dont worry americans,
you will catch up with the missile technology you were behind for 20 years but you are now catching up with you're AIM etc..

[Edited on 8-6-2003 by $tranger]

top topics

join