It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Thankfull...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Far too often we at ATS are reactionary to conspiracies created, controlled, and manipulated by entities & groups we have no control over. We never start any conspiracies of our own from the ground up. I propose we change that right now with a conspiracy of thankfullness. If you listen to the MSM right now we don't have a whole lot to be thankfull for between our economic woes, terrorism, wars, bickering, etc. I say that's bullcrap! We can always find something to be gratefull and thankfull for... In fact, I think we can probably come up with enough thankfullness to make the MSM and the pundits and the talking heads all react like the Grinch when all the little Whos in Whoville were singing and joyous even after he'd stolen their Christmas plunder. So for what very well may be the first time in your life, get in on the ground floor and be part of a conspiracy, an insider, instead of someone standing on the outside looking in and wondering what's going on!

I am thankfull for my two beautiful, healthy children and my beautiful, healthy, loving wife. I am thankfull of the fact that no matter what's going on in the world outside, both of my children always have a big smile and a hug waiting for me when I get home, full of innocence and joy.

I am thankfull that we have the luxury of talking about "hardship" while we still live in a country where true hardship has really never been felt. We don't have to watch our childrens tarve to death as happens in Africa, we don't have mortar shells going off in our back yard as happens in so many war torn nations, we can enjoy the luxury of mindless passtimes like the internet, cable TV with 400 channels, video games, sports, etc even while complaining that we're "broke," and even with all the people who try to say otherwise, we still live in a country where you can basically disagree publically with your government without fear of being shot in the head.

Yep, even in the face of the so-called coming "depression" I'm thankfull for having more blessings than I can even count. I hope you can find just as many in your lives, and I am sure you can. Happy Thanksgiving!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have to agree with you and thank you for bringing positive thought to ATS.

Negative thought brings negative actions the world over. If you believe in the string theory - all believers of Nibiru could actually be creating Nibiru out in space with their minds.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If I was to die today I'd have all that past time to be thankful for. I see children dieing at a young age, being beaten to death, starved, sexually abused etc... I'm thankful that I've made it this far and have children of my own and a wonderful wife. We've had our share of bad times and good times and I'm thankful we've had the chance to experience both. I'm thankful we have a roof over our heads and that it took both me and my wife's hard work and commitment to accomplish this. I'm thankful for the love we share and the friends we have made along the way.

I'm thankful for being homeless at a time in my life because it taught me to respect those who are down and made me strong enough to fight my way back up and stand humbled. I'm thankful for everything that has happened in my life and that I had friends along the way who cared and strangers who gave me hope without asking for it. I'm thankful to be able to say this today and smile.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well with all the bleak economic news out there, I must say that I am quite thankful to still have a job where I can earn a paycheck. I don't make much, but I'm very thankful for what I do make.

I may not be able to afford fancy meals, but I'm not starving. For that I am thankful.

I live in the ghetto. But I have a roof over my head. For that I am thankful.

I can't afford TV with 400 channels, but a trip to the used bookstore for some reading material will suffice. Come to think of it, that is more preferable than TV anyway. For that I am thankful.

Most importantly, I've got my friends and loved ones. For that I am thankful.

Great thread, Burdman.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I am thankful for your posts about thankfulness. Just tonight attended a 4 hour meditation on the subject of thankfulness and I beleive we can indeed start a conspiracy based on the change we can manifest with true thankfulness. We don't even need to say the words. Just feeling it moves mountains.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I am thankful for having the family and friends that I have. I am happy that I'm not homeless like I was before. I am happy for the fact that I have had my own apartment for five-and-a-half years. I am thankful that I have one more day of life. I am happy that I am part of ATS/BTS, the best website on the internet.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You're right. Often times, we get so caught up in everything going on around us that we forget to "stop and smell the roses", as the saying goes. It's so easy to forget that sometimes the smallest things, the things we take for granted, could be a blessing to someone else. From the very moment we are born, we are showered with things to be thankful for. And while it's true that some people have more to be thankful for than others, at least we all have something to be thankful for.

Let's face it -- there's a bunch of things that we could name off of the top of our heads that we're not thankful for. I know I could. But, if we really think about everything that's happened, if we concentrate on the things that have made us who we are today, we have tons to be thankful for.

So what am I thankful for? My past (the good and the bad), my present (because it is a gift, as someone once said...not sure who...:puz
, and my future (no matter what it holds, because problems tend to solve themselves if you give them the time).

Thank you, burdman, for reminding us to be thankful.

I wish you all an extremely wonderful Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I totally agree despite having some severe psysical ailments I can still go about my buisness,I'm thankful for having my kids and watching them grow into responsible adults,I'm thankful I can say what I want with no fear of oppresion,and I'm thankful I can log onto this site and see people just as crazy as I,what more is there to life

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm thankful for nature, and that I'm still able to take a walk and enjoy it. I'm thankful for my health and my character. I'm thankful for my beautiful soulmate. I'm thankful for my intelligent, loving family. I'm thankful for my ability to play and listen to music.

It's extremely important to remind ourselves that life is largely good, otherwise, what's the point? We have to recognise what it is we fight for? We must stay positive or suffer insanity.

top topics

join