It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your current EDC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider

Originally posted by fred3110
My list is geared more for a cyclist as that is my mode of transportation.

Clothing:

Buff www.winwood-outdoor.co.uk...
Beany hat
Light, windproof, quick drying pants
T-shirt
Long sleeve shirt
Hoodie
Decent socks + underpants
Merrell walking shoes
Decent belt
Waterproof clothing (jacket and over-pants)
Polarized goggles

Kit:

Lock knife
Wind-up LED head torch
Firesteel
Lighter
Bottle of W/P tablets
Compass watch
2 small adjustable spanners
Bike pump
Allan Key set (metric)
Puncture repair kit
Bike survival kit (disc remover, chain link remover, etc)
Gaffa tape (fixes anything
)
Bottle of water (500ml)
1 meal
Spare money
Phone
Small first aid kit
Bike lock

College gear:

Paper, geometry set, calculator, digital multi-meter
Books
Pens, pencils
25L backpack with waterproof rain cover

Damn I didn’t realise I carried so much stuff! Any feedback would be appreciated NR.

Great thread

Cant see your cycling gloves, I actually use Kona cycling gloves instead of mil spec tactical gloves as the Konas are more tactile, got mine from Halfords for £25. I'm assuming you have a bit of paracord and duct tape wrapped around the frame of your bike along with some reusable cable ties?. If a bike is primary mode of bugging out have you considered those tyres made in Middlesbrough that are puncture proof ?, The Green tyre Company I think, I used to keep pill tubes in the seat tube and inside the handle bars on my bike filled with water puri tabs and pain killers etc , I dumped my adjustable spanners for a pair of self adjuster spanners, they were lighter, less bulky and weighed less

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I cant believe I forgot to put my gloves in the list! I got a pair of Kona riding gloves from halfords for £25 a while ago are these the same as yours?? There a pretty decent pair, in winter I use a cheap wool pair beneath them since there no good for cold weather, there nice and comfy + they still give you good dexterity.

I forgot to list my paracord too, ever since I was stranded 15 miles from home and needed a tow off my cousin, I carry 25M of 5mm cord all the time now to make sure I don’t have to scrounge for a tow lead.

My tyres are pretty tough, over the last few months I've been gradually building a bike which needs the bare minimum of maintenance but gives the best possible performance, my tyres are chunky off-road, I've had no punctures in the last 3 months with them and there still as good as the day they were bought (touches wood).

I like the idea of storing things in the handle bars and seat post, that never occured to me, I'm gonna have a long think about what I can put it there now, I could definetley fit a few bottles of W/P tablets, multivits, batteries, knife, firesteel and possibly some first aid equipment (bandages, plasters, wipes, etc).

You sir are a genious! Got any other ideas??

edit:spelingg

[edit on 27-11-2008 by fred3110]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
My EDC consists of; first and foremost a Ruger sp101 357. loaded with148gr. jhp ,plus 2 speed loaders..I go absolutely nowhere without a gun. If I'm heading into the bush, I switch to a Taurus Ultralite 44 mag. with 320gr. hard cast bullets with 6 extras...There are animals up here that think humans are part of the food chain. Besides the guns , I carry a Sog multi tool, mini mag lite , small 6 way screw driver, small adjustable wrench and magesium fire starter in a Pockets pouch on my belt.. In my pockets a folding scissors,lockback knife and a bic lighter, I also carry a zippo lighter, bic lighters don,t do real well at -20...On my key ring [carabiner] I have a p38 and a bottle opener. In my wallet a credit card size survival tool... I don't wear a watch, time means nothing to me, I do have cellphone but it doesn't work where I live, so it's pretty useless.... This is what I walk around with, what I have in my truck or what I carry in the bush, is whole different story... As far as clothes, this is Alaska,,fur hats, Filson wool jackets,insulated pants, wool socks and bunny boots,lite gloves inside mittens, and thats in the summer.....

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Normal "fitting in attire" and always,

My

Glock 19 9mm
3 boxes of ammo in the bag in the trunk

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I cant believe I forgot to put my gloves in the list! I got a pair of Kona riding gloves from halfords for £25 a while ago are these the same as yours?? There a pretty decent pair, in winter I use a cheap wool pair beneath them since there no good for cold weather, there nice and comfy + they still give you good dexterity.

I forgot to list my paracord too, ever since I was stranded 15 miles from home and needed a tow off my cousin, I carry 25M of 5mm cord all the time now to make sure I don’t have to scrounge for a tow lead.

My tyres are pretty tough, over the last few months I've been gradually building a bike which needs the bare minimum of maintenance but gives the best possible performance, my tyres are chunky off-road, I've had no punctures in the last 3 months with them and there still as good as the day they were bought (touches wood).

I like the idea of storing things in the handle bars and seat post, that never occured to me, I'm gonna have a long think about what I can put it there now, I could definetley fit a few bottles of W/P tablets, multivits, batteries, knife, firesteel and possibly some first aid equipment (bandages, plasters, wipes, etc).

You sir are a genious! Got any other ideas??

edit:spelingg

[edit on 27-11-2008 by fred3110]

Those are the same gloves I use, A cyclists I met on the back road from Middleton To Alston keeps little C02 cartridges of the type you power some air guns and soda streams with in his bikes framework, they fit some sort of instant tyre inflator he got from europe ( Inflate your tyre in seconds rather than with a pump).

All lights on his bike are flashing LED types so his batteries last weeks rather than hours, but you can also keep spare batteries in a plastic tube down your seat frame or in your handlebars, you can also get Chemical light stick and water puri drinking straws in them as well.

Talking about bikes, If you need elastic bands to fasten stuff like kit to your bike, rucksack, webbing etc the best you can get are bands cut from old cycle inner tubes, sections from 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide made great kit restraints.
if you have a spare hole, fill it with kit

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Northern Raider]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The only thing i carry all the time is a couple of knives and my 9mm with a couple extra mags. During hunting season i most of the time have my .30-06, 12 guage, or both, along with the 9. Most of my gear stay's at home because i have to go back there regardless of what happens so i can get my kids.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Right now it's the:

1) Leatherman Charge TTi

2) Spyderco Mini-Manix (just a tank of a knife)

or the...

3) Spyderco Caly3 (more often than the mini-manix)

Maybe I should put together a fanny pack that contains more capability but for now it's just the knives and mulit-tool.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Bought a Gerber Suspension today and promptly sliced my finger opening the serrated knife.

That kiddy is pretty sharp.

I'm only just getting my BOB to an acceptable level. EDC is going to take some time. Presently it's a small rucksack with either a laptop, swimming kit or shopping in it.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Let's see,

Chris Reeves large Sebenza
SOG multi-tool
Bud Nealy prototype in mcs sheath
ferro-rod in my wallet
a small lengh of paracord
duct tape wrapped around a used up gift card

In a Kifaru E&E
more paracord
a lighter
cotton rubbed with vasoline
GI poncho
snare wire
lockpick kit
razor blade
fishing kit
first aid kit with sutures
mini-mag with led update soon to be replaced with a fenix brand light
serengeti sunglasses
Glock 19 on occasion
light jacket
Chris Reeves Fixed blade mountaineer
wool toupe
wool gloves
Energy bars
water bottle
GI canteen cup
dental floss

That is about it other than maybe my ipod which contains about four hours of survival video. I reall need very little. This will get me home in most any conditions. The one thing I always have is a good knowledge base and many years of wilderness experience. You can't buy it anywhere and once you have it, it cannot be taken away.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

[edit on 6-12-2008 by reluctantpawn]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
my EDC today so far is
EDC
Folding Lock knife 3 to 4 inch blade
(Blade tech hunter lite)
Multi LED flashlight plus spare batteries
(Inova X 5)
Butane Lighter / Brazing Torch
(Blue Brand)
Multi tool
(Gerber Multiplier)
Compass
(Silva Type 4 in mils and degrees)
Note book & Pen (with survival aide memoir)
Cell Phone
Wallet (with credit card tool)
Prescription Specs & Shades
( Memory frame wire with acrylic lenses)
Solar Powered Chronograph
(Citizen Eco drive)
Bandana and Paracord
Micro FA Kit & Puritabs
Keys with mini sharpie, led button light, micro lock knife, button compass, whistle attached.
Cash & Hanky
Gloves and Cap in winter
Micro AM/FM radio (when needed)

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

my EDC today so far is

If you had one with LW you could listen to Test Match Special.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal

my EDC today so far is

If you had one with LW you could listen to Test Match Special.

Dont need a radio to know England lost to ( pick a nation )

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

A two-laugh post.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
WOW, I never realized that there were so many people cruising around with this much gear!?!?!

I'm amazed and worried at the same time lol. I personally cannot tote a lot of the items listed around with me in my vehicle or on me, save for a few : ) . I will however after reading this begin putting a few worthwhile kits and stores together fore readiness. Can anyone recommend any decent web-sites for this type of thing?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uber Fr0g
WOW, I never realized that there were so many people cruising around with this much gear!?!?!

I'm amazed and worried at the same time lol. I personally cannot tote a lot of the items listed around with me in my vehicle or on me, save for a few : ) . I will however after reading this begin putting a few worthwhile kits and stores together fore readiness. Can anyone recommend any decent web-sites for this type of thing?

This one
Zombie Hunters have a great survivalist section
EDC forum
Rocky Mountain Survival Group
Even on flikr theres a few good files on EDC and BOBS

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Here is one of my lists you can easily adapt for your own needs, geography, threat level and local laws
Survival Small Bug out Bag

Cordura nylon multi pocket travel bag
Cold Steel Extra Large Voyager Tanto
AKM Bayonet (modified)
4 X magnification mini field glasses
Multi tool with plier head (Gerber 600 / Legend)
Multi tool with pruning head (Stanley)
Flashlight (Madjak) plus bulbs and CR123 batteries
Inova X 5 Flashlight (5 led) plus CR123 batteries
Samsung E 800 Cellphone
Assorted Chemical light sticks
Water Purification Tablets
Rations (boil in bag and freeze dried)
Condiments and drinks sachets
Windproof butane lighters x 2
Hexamine cooker
Knife sharpener (Gerber)
Maps and scans all laminated (OS Landrangers 1:50,000)
Silva Type 4 compass in mils and degrees (6400 & 360)
Survival instructions
Survival book (Mini SAS Survival Manual)
Notebook and Pen
Waterproofed matches in film canister.
Magnesium block and striker
35 mm film canister filled with Vaseline soaked cotton wool balls
Medical kit (expedition size)
Spare prescription specs
Paracord 50 meters
Large Fiskars folding wood saw
Ziplock bags
Small tin with button compass, signal mirror, spare batteries
Telescopic baton
Shemagh / Bandana
Sony ICF-B200 Wind up / Battery powered radio / spare batteries
Tactical gloves (KONA)
Barnett Trident 75 LB pistol crossbow / spare prod/ strings and 50 bolts.
Personal Hygiene Kit (soap, razor, toothbrush and paste, deodorant)
Spare underwear & socks

I have a second bag that attaches to this one containing more clothes

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Two new additions to my EDC, one multi-tool (Gerber Suspension). This has replaced my knife since it has 3 decent blades on it.

And I've swapped my wind up LED head torch for a Petzl Taktikka. This is about half the weight of my wind up one and has already been put to good use since it gets dark about 17:00 here.

edit: grammar

[edit on 7-12-2008 by fred3110]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Two new additions to my EDC, one multi-tool (Gerber Suspension). This has replaced my knife since it has 3 decent blades on it.

Agreed. See my earlier post. The head-mounted torch is a battery powered device n'est pas? Are there any hand-crank torches that pack as small as these LED head-torches?

[edit for being an idiot and forgetting correct words]

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Nirgal]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

I didn't realise we had the same model, the blades are razor sharp I tested them on a piece of wood when I bought it (I like my fingers intact
).

The battery powered torch packs down smaller than my wind up one + its about half the weight even with the batteries.

My EDC is still the same weight roughly but its a bit more economical now.

Oh and I've got a few spare batteries stored inside my seat post

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Here is one of my lists you can easily adapt for your own needs, geography, threat level and local laws
Survival Small Bug out Bag

Cordura nylon multi pocket travel bag
Cold Steel Extra Large Voyager Tanto
AKM Bayonet (modified)
4 X magnification mini field glasses
Multi tool with plier head (Gerber 600 / Legend)
Multi tool with pruning head (Stanley)
Flashlight (Madjak) plus bulbs and CR123 batteries
Inova X 5 Flashlight (5 led) plus CR123 batteries
Samsung E 800 Cellphone
Assorted Chemical light sticks
Water Purification Tablets
Rations (boil in bag and freeze dried)
Condiments and drinks sachets
Windproof butane lighters x 2
Hexamine cooker
Knife sharpener (Gerber)
Maps and scans all laminated (OS Landrangers 1:50,000)
Silva Type 4 compass in mils and degrees (6400 & 360)
Survival instructions
Survival book (Mini SAS Survival Manual)
Notebook and Pen
Waterproofed matches in film canister.
Magnesium block and striker
35 mm film canister filled with Vaseline soaked cotton wool balls
Medical kit (expedition size)
Spare prescription specs
Paracord 50 meters
Large Fiskars folding wood saw
Ziplock bags
Small tin with button compass, signal mirror, spare batteries
Telescopic baton
Shemagh / Bandana
Sony ICF-B200 Wind up / Battery powered radio / spare batteries
Tactical gloves (KONA)
Barnett Trident 75 LB pistol crossbow / spare prod/ strings and 50 bolts.
Personal Hygiene Kit (soap, razor, toothbrush and paste, deodorant)
Spare underwear & socks

I have a second bag that attaches to this one containing more clothes

Very good starting point for me ty. Fortunately I have about 70% of the items on your particular list, so this may not be as difficult as i first assumed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join