It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People of Lakota Launch Private Bank

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Only Silver and Gold Currencies

I just get this to my email, looks great effort and act for new revolution!

Hill City, Lakota - November 24, 2008 - In a stunning development, the Free & Independent People of Lakota announced today the introduction of the world's first non-reserve, non-fractional bank that accepts only silver and gold currencies for deposit.

"Today is a great day for us, a day that we begin to exercise our rights as a sovereign people with strength and pride," comments Canupa Gluha Mani, Tetuwan Council Judicial Member of the Cante Tenza "Strong Heart" Warrior Society.

Mani's 2500 member warrior society has contracted to provide private security services for the Free Lakota Bank. "We invite people of any creed, faith or heritage to unite in an effort to reclaim control of wealth. It is our hope that other tribal nations and American citizens recognize the importance of silver and gold as currency and decide to mirror our system of honest trade."

Mani, also known as Duane Martin Sr, is a member of the delegation that declared Lakota independence on December 17th, 2007. The launch of the Free Lakota Bank is also an incredible victory for StrikeForce Technologies, the access control experts providing depositor Out-of-Band Authentication.

As the Free Lakota Bank does not require a name, photo identification or social security number to transact, StrikeForce's technology met the challenge of limiting fraud without requiring controversial biometric technology. The People of Lakota invite depositors to establish accounts and invest in the Free Lakota Bank's General Investment Fund, the fund it uses to develop profitable free-market enterprise inside Lakota territory.

Mani comments that the nation despises donations and charity, and instead insists instead on "earning our wealth by creating value for those that place their faith and trust in our system." The Free Lakota Bank issues an American Open Currency Standard Approved currency, making it readily accepted for trade by over 10,000 merchants and businesses across the continent.

Mod Edit - snipped contact details

From the Terms and Conditions

1 e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

[edit on 25/1108/08 by neformore]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Wow. Wish I was in a position to invest in this! Though I wonder how long it will be before the PTB find a way to take it down. Because rest assured, they are going to try.

Maybe all over the country, brave souls from among us should declare ourselves sovereign and start a non-fiat bank of our own.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I love their nerve and pride for doing this. However, one HUGE flaw, and I'll probably not be the first to point this out, is this: what happens if some silent entity comes in and buys up all of the gold and silver? They are encouraging others to join in but the problem with that is they will allow the corrupt to get involved.

I will watch this to see how well it progresses.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Very interesting that this comes about right at the advent of "Global" financial disruption.
I was wondering, "Where is the LK listed in the address area of the press release?"
As you can see, I am from SD and have very tight friendships with a lot of the native Americans around my vicinity, they, too, will be excited to hear about this as well. "If they have not heard about it already."

Thanks for the insight JanusFIN, it is truly a "Good Day" for the Lakota,Dakota and American financial system as well!!

And, "I like how they managed to take away all the "Trivial" BS out of dealing and banking with them as well."

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
wow... if only the biggest reservation can do this! stupid ass joe shirley is a puppet for the US gov.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't know if it's such a good idea to use gold and silver as currency... I mean, there is not enough gold or silver in the world to use as currency if this goes through, gold and silver will become more scarce and expensive and obviously the wealthy will find a way to secure large inventories of it, and become richer as time goes on as people demand gold.

Using gold and silver is a half-baked plan that is unsustainable in the long term. how about 'credits' like I have 1000 credits, or 1000 dollars to that effect? I think it would go a long way in preventing corruption or profiteering.

As long as the dollar (with embedded security enhancements in the money itself) under oversight is respected as a viable means of transaction, gold and silver is not needed.

Using gold and silver would just break the system, and absolutely enable the wealthy to get even more wealthy.

Great plan, dumb medium.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I wonder how long the federal government will let this go on before they send in some troops with guns and tanks

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

This is truly a brave project from Indians... They trust security of the bank by the hands of thousands of warriors (militia?) I think they know also what to wait from their loved liberty government...

Mani's 2500 member warrior society has contracted to provide private security services for the Free Lakota Bank.

Does anybody know what is the status for this privat army, or their armament?

This can be a big stuff in coming times... They are not Illuminati related, maybe first real independent bank for long time. I would turn to their client, if I had anything to do in US Continent, If I had any money at all in US soil, I would buy some coins just for support them, right away.

This security deal is something what makes this project so interesting... Good luck fellow revolution warriors!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Heres some of the websites and a "Documented" statement from Mani as why this had all come about, and for justified reasons I may add.

Lakota Freedom: Treaty Withdrawal For Elders and Children Sovereignty Action Sparks World Discussion, Disagreement, Inspiration

By Lakota Freedom Delegation
Lakota – What began as sparsely attended press conference announcing Lakota sovereignty has grown into an international roar of freedom inspiring people on every continent and sparking excitement and discussion in homes, tribal councils, schools, and on internet blogs and message boards.
Across Indian Country in particular, the impact of the sovereign action is creating both inspiration and concern as the reality of freedom sinks in. But mixed with the excitement and joy are concerns the Lakota people's needs will not be fully met, especially needs and concerns of the youth.
Lakota Freedom delegate and Oglala Lakota Cante Tenza - Strongheart Warrior Society leader Canupa Gluha Mani (Duane Martin Sr.) issued the following statement after discussion with the Strongheart Grandmothers: "The whole Lakota declaration of withdrawal from the treaty is vested on the power of the Lakota people and our children. When we undertook the process of announcing the withdrawal, the capacity was far greater than most people anticipated about an individual. But throughout our history, the people have never excluded anyone within our own lifeway and when it becomes a listener's view that its about one individual, one individual does not represent the Nation itself, the Nation represents the individual, and that is Lakota. The withdrawal is for the people, the Elders, mothers, fathers, and the children. Throughout our history and through the enforcement of the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934, Congress said they would oversee the provisions of 1868 (Fort Laramie Treaty), but they failed to do so. Some minor provisions were kept, but overall the treaty was not honored. Because if the treaty was honored, we would not have this colonial catastrophe of alcoholism, drug abuse and poverty and we wouldn't have the overall high incarceration rate of the male and female in the prison populations. This leads to our children being taking away by Social Services which puts our children out of balance from learning the traditional lifeway. When the children can reconnect with who they are, they come back to the process of knowing what is Lakota in the true point of view. In this true point of view, Lakota is about being free and left alone, so we can govern and save our own with the teachings of the Animal Nations. If we can conclude with this statement in the positive venue, its not about Russell Means, and certainly not about Canupa Gluha Mani or any individual, this about the Lakota Nation and the Animal People who are no longer alone."
We are the freedom loving Lakota from the Sioux Indian reservations of Nebraska , North Dakota, South Dakota and Montana who have withdrawn from the constitutionally mandated treaties to become a free and independent country. We are alerting the Family of Nations we have now reassumed our freedom and independence with the backing of Natural, International, and United States law.

Updated pages from the web for news and videos for the Native American peoples.
www.republicoflakotah.com...

Hope this helps JanusFIN..

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
As the Free Lakota Bank does not require a name, photo identification or social security number to transact, StrikeForce's technology met the challenge of limiting fraud without requiring controversial biometric technology.

Umm you don't even need a name?

Im fairly sure that doesn't comply with the patriot act.
How long until they shut this down then?
If it works im all for it but I cant see them being allowed to do it.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

This sounds like a great idea, I wish them every possible success, now and always. Maybe there's something we can all learn from this initiative?

Regards,
Hortsegiver.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan

Except that the patriot act does not apply to the free and independent,i.e. sovereign, Lakota peoples.This has the potential to get ugly, but I don't think any North American government this century has the wherewithal to massacre Native Americans. Hopefully no one will provide the spark that sets this powder keg off.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
But will their coins work in the slots?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Where is Lakota? Is that in the Dakotas? Is there a Lakota, Dakota which necessitated the need for East and West Dakota (or Lakota)? How does that work? plucky is confused.

That is what I said. And yet it was not answered in this thread. Where are the Lakotas?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

$40 for one ounce silver coins

I would not get excited. Its a scam to sell coins. Probably the same people who falsely claimed to be the Lakota leaders before. There is a thread here about it somewhere.

It seems to be transparent. Get people to deposit precious metal. Mint it into coins. Resell the same metal as coins for double or more. These type of coins never sell for what they cost after inflation. Look at that garbage from Liberia and how many fall for that nonsense.

Its probably legal though. Hmmmm, maybe I should have some coins minted. I arranged it once for a charity to raise funds. Its not hard. I still have a couple of them somewhere.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
I wonder how long the federal government will let this go on before they send in some troops with guns and tanks

They are a free people, and cannot be subjected to our Government.

That is perhaps, we as supposed Free People should respect the free rights of other Free Peoples and not allow our Government to persecute in the name of unrighteous greed.

If the bank was set up for honest reasons .. something to me just doesn't seem right about it. Gold is a Fiat currency, and the issuer technically declares it's value, or rather, in direct Gold Currency markets where coins themselves carry the metal, the supply dictates the price..

I would wait for more, clearer information before rushing to make deposits.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I hope Russia opens an Embassy in Lakota territory.

Many nations have already received diplomats from the Lakota and they have opened Lakota offices as ad hoc embassies in several dozen countries.

"Gold is a Fiat currency"

-
nO IT ISN'T. dUH

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Canadianduder]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
As the Free Lakota Bank does not require a name, photo identification or social security number to transact, StrikeForce's technology met the challenge of limiting fraud without requiring controversial biometric technology.

How long until they shut this down then?
If it works im all for it but I cant see them being allowed to do it.

Yeah I noticed that too. It must be located next to my black hills diamond mine.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
More power to the Lakota people this is the way to rattle some cages I'm sure the Feds are watching this with some concern and do have some local DHS agents watching them.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I stand and applaud them . Clap clap . Hip hip horay

I honestly hope this works out for them . It could be a trend that will take off .

I am concerned it will lead to Wounded Knee V2.0 .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join