It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People of Lakota Launch Private Bank

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I smell Scam. This looks to an old coin dealer like one of the scams associated with that notorious group of con-artists that call themselves Numismatic Professionals. Don't get me wrong, not all coin dealers are frauds but some are as dishonest as the fat-ass bankers we have all come to deplore in todays world.

When you click on "management" on Lakota Bank's website you get the notice coming soon. WOW, that should tell you somthing. There was a time before the Civil War when banks had complete freedom to issue their own currency in exchange for customers gold and silver. Guess what happened? Just know that collectors call the old paper currency from this time, Broken Bank Notes.

Before you rush in on this one, I'd suggest a deep breath! If you are really interested in gold and silver, just buy some and sock it back in a safe place for future use. I suggest US silver coins as they are recognized by fellow citizens and value is easy to determine and would be readily usable in an underground commerce. Simple enough...exercise self reliance.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by romanmel]

[edit on 25-11-2008 by romanmel]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
I wonder how long the federal government will let this go on before they send in some troops with guns and tanks

That's all the US Government needs to do to make enemies world wide.

If they did something like that to the Native Americans, even US Allies would have 2md thoughts about a continued relationship with the country.

Look what happened to South Africa in the early days. They smartened up eventually didn't they. If the US decided to go that path with it's indigenous peoples, you'd be all alone in the world.

Not like AU needs a US alliance. We still got GB, France & the rest of EU. I'm almost sure everyone else would follow suit.

I have a lot of Ex-pat Native American friends (for some reason, they all seem to be immigrating to AU
). I'd duly stand by them.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

I agree wholeheartedly. *star for you.

In today's information Age and age of Political Correctness, such a thing would have great repercussions for America's relationship with other nations - a definite chilling effect.

It would be all over the internet, along with Digitized version of the Treaties Ratified by the Lakota Nation- which were subsequently violated and ignored by the American Signatories.

The Lakota even have a UN delegation Team and have created diplomatic ties with dozens of other nations. Their case is already supported by many, as it is perfectly sound as the Treaties are still recognized under International Law, and Common Law.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by Canadianduder]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
You people should read things fully before go off half cocked and get all excited. This is a scam, silver is less than $13 per ounce right now and they are charging $40 an ounce! There is no way the real Lakota would run a scam like this.

sty

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
i believe that nomatter what the currency is , someone will be smart enough to grabb it all. Make it gold, someone will get all the gold. I believe that gold standard is not the way - but a Barter sistem based on hours the person will work for the community .

[edit on 25-11-2008 by sty]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I believe that this is a scam. The Republic of Lakotah's official website www.republicoflakotah.com... does not have any mention of this new bank or new currency.

The graduated pricing of the coins starting at the outrageous price of $40 is highly suspicious. One Troy Ounce Silver Rounds can be readily obtained from legitimate silver mints like this one store.nwtmint.com... for less that $15 an ounce, which is just slightly higher than the current open market price. If you are paying more than $15 an ounce you are being cheated!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Some of the Lakotas are also fighting the USDA over premise ID, RFID tags on animals, animal tracking...

They maybe in the process of setting up the structure necessary to be independent of the USA. Russell Means of the Lakota Sioux has already issued a formal declaration of independence from the US Government based on treaty failures

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I believe that this is a scam. The Republic of Lakotah's official website www.republicoflakotah.com... does not have any mention of this new bank or new currency.

Wrong. Click on "Projects" and you'll find:

Banking: In the process of establishing a Lakotah owned private trust bank and a savings & loan institution.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Sorry, but I have to disagree. A large part of of our economic problems have been caused by the fact that our currency is not based on anything. The Fed just prints dollars when they need them. Money needs to be based on SOMETHING tangible. For centuries that has been gold and silver. But those are not the only metals that can be used. Platnum and Pladium could be used as well. There is nothing that says a currencie has to be based on just one or two metals.
Another possiblity, and one that I favor, is that the government produce money in hard currency, with gold and silver. (And I don't mean the copper clad silver coins we are now using.) We might have to change the size of our coins somewhat, but at least our currency would have value. And we could invest in the Lakota bank.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Mostly South Dakota and some in Nebraska and Minnesota on Sioux Reservations.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The Chinese government, the worlds largest holder of Dollars , recently announced that they are purchasing 4000 tonnes of GOLD bullion with their Dollar holdings.
The Saudi's recently issued a similar announcement of having purchased Billions of Dollars worth of GOLD.
The Iranians withdrew their money from European (Illuminati Controlled) banks and moved much of their Dollar holding into gold.

What do they know ? Why they're only the richest nations in the world ?

As a Sovereign nation within US borders the Lakota can create their own banking system and aren't subject to the Federal Reserve scam as we are.

Additionally, If you recall what occurred with the Liberty Dollar, and how the Feds confiscated their silver due to US laws. The Lakota, due to their Sovereignty, are not subject to US laws concerning coinage of money.

If the Dollar were to lose a significant amount of value via inflation.As a result of the massive amounts of dollars created out of thin air for the bailout for example. Their deposits backed by silver and gold will maintain and actually gain in value whereas anything in Dollars will LOSE value.

Why because GOLD and Silver can only be mined from the earth which creates it's value. It cannot be printed and forced upon people to hold value...which it does not.

A real Bank unlike our fractional reserve ponzi scam system actually maintains reserves, so you CAN'T literally "buy up all the gold"

Any Ron Paul supporters will see that the Lakota are actually following his doctrine and due to their Sovereign status and unlike the Liberty Dollar they actually have the legal framework of possibly making it work.

I wish them all the best with this endeavor and I will consider purchasing some of their coins. Just to support their cause of bucking the PTB Banking system which has only brought us Inflation, Taxes and perpetual servitude to the Powers To Be.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
reply to post by star in a jar

Sorry, but I have to disagree. A large part of of our economic problems have been caused by the fact that our currency is not based on anything. The Fed just prints dollars when they need them.

Sorry to nitpick, and this post is not meant to be directed toward you but more to clear the air about the USD for those that are still in the dark. The USD is based on something... debt. The Fed prints the dollars AT INTEREST to the United States. That is part of the problem we are in now. The country's production can no longer cover the debt - well, it has been that way for awhile but the wide acceptance and willingness for foreign countries to invest in the USD kept the raft afloat. Debt runs the US economy.

Look at the headlines for today... the government is diluting the USD in an amazing way just to free up 'credit' so banks can create more 'loans' for consumers. In other words, they are trying to create more debt. It is the only thing we got now, but we are at the end of the road... they are throwing the economy a rope with these trillions of dollars being injected into the economy... little do we know that the rope has a noose on the end called 'inflation'.

The USD is dead. The US economy is dead. I really do not see how we can get out of this but I'll be damned if I go into debt to these banks only to be living in indentured servitude once the # hits the fan.

Moving out to the Dakotas is starting to look appealing...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orwells Ghost

This has the potential to get ugly, but I don't think any North American government this century has the wherewithal to massacre Native Americans. Hopefully no one will provide the spark that sets this powder keg off.

I don't know about that. Have you not heard about this?

South Dakota, and more specifically things on the Pine Ridge reservation have been hard. From what I have heard, racism is rampant, especially in South Dakota, because the white people feel that the Indians get special treatment and favors from the government. Imo, it's primed to blow, and they are now holding the match.

I remember reading the initial news story about the Lakota declaring sovreign nation status. It was barely a blip on the radar at the time. To me ,at the time, it was a major development, but nary a peep was made about it. I guess maybe that was why.

I will continue to keep an eye on this, thanks Janusfin. Nice find.

[edit on 11/25/2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Where is Lakota? Is that in the Dakotas? Is there a Lakota, Dakota which necessitated the need for East and West Dakota (or Lakota)? How does that work? plucky is confused.

That is what I said. And yet it was not answered in this thread. Where are the Lakotas?

Sorry if someone already answered this.

There is no place called "Lakota", yet. Lakota is the name of a tribe of plains Sioux Indians residing in the northern United States and (I think) parts of southern Canada.

They were originally called the Dakota when they resided near the Great Lakes, but after they were pushed out by European settlements, they began to call themselves Lakota, and became part of the Sioux.

The Republic of Lakota is also now a proposed country in the United States, specifically to hold the Lakota Sovreign Nation, as a homeland for the Lakota Sioux inside the United States.

You can read more here.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I completely agree this is a great move BUT there is a more than real chance this will be complete shut down by some Goverment manuever. If I had gold and silver to invest I would invest. The idea of being financially offgrid is awesome.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is awesome for them and all . . . but I am eerily reminded of a book that was mentioned on ATS that I just read a few months ago about the Civil War 2. This is what the author says will happen.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Actually it could shape up very interesting. There has been some discussion among white farmers and the Lakotas so there could be a mass move to that area by pro-Lakota white/indian/Amish farmers from around the US....

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianduder
I hope Russia opens an Embassy in Lakota territory.

Many nations have already received diplomats from the Lakota and they have opened Lakota offices as ad hoc embassies in several dozen countries.

"Gold is a Fiat currency"

-
nO IT ISN'T. dUH

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Canadianduder]

Educate your self instead of replying with blatant ignorance.

There is no divine sanctioning that Gold and Silver are worth something.

Therefore a value or demand that a material or representation of said material or entity can only be issued under a Fiat.

Any form of currency that has a blanket and wide range of acceptance with a firmly established value in transaction aside from regional inflation forces is such under the command of Fiat, which is in it's self a a command.

Fiat in it's self is just the express order that something be given value and accepted.

So like I said, instead of coming in and acting like the typical ignorant American preaching what ever it is you pull off Youtube.

Educate your self.

because your only embarrassing your self. Quite frankly, especially after the mass of ignorant Ron Paul supporters, I am just about sick of it on ATS.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join