It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day the aliens came (Cyprus Mail)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Is the mystery of an unexplained crash in the Troodos in 1973 about to be solved?

A BRITISH UFO researcher may hold a vital clue that could help prove a flying saucer crashed into the Troodos mountains 35 years ago.

Link

Anyone know about this one sounds like it goes back a while.
I wonder if it was just a satellite?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

Thanks for sharing majestictwo:

I've been reading about this news just an hour ago.

Here can be downloaded the article in question, including some photos of both Corporal Tom Clarke and the object and a sketch made by him:

DID A UFO CRASH INTO THE TROODOS MOUNTAINS OF CYPRUS IN 1973?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Internos; Well done I hadn’t seen that. I’ll read it up.
I first thought satellite material but this looks to heavy being reinforced with a thread.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The Apollo landers and many hardware with wrapped gold sheets have interwoven thread so it re-inforces the sheets. Without the interwoven thread, the sheets would tear easily.

That is not from some UFO...why would a super advanced vehicle capable of traveling across the universe use gold wrapping interwoven with fiber thread????

That crash was more than likely some old junk left over from either some outdated satellite or other. Anything falling from space that is not under control will light up the sky like a fireball.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
The Apollo landers and many hardware with wrapped gold sheets have interwoven thread so it re-inforces the sheets. Without the interwoven thread, the sheets would tear easily.

That is not from some UFO...why would a super advanced vehicle capable of traveling across the universe use gold wrapping interwoven with fiber thread????

That crash was more than likely some old junk left over from either some outdated satellite or other. Anything falling from space that is not under control will light up the sky like a fireball.

Cheers!!!!

I don't disagree with you; I mentioned it could be a satellite. Did you read the article link posted by Internos?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is apparently not completely new, however I must admit I didn't read about it earlier.

Here is some more info, including a transcript of an article by Gary Heseltine in his magazine UFO Monthly, #16, pp 4-6, September 2005 published on ufologie.net.

That would mean that those objects should have been given for analysis about 3 years ago. I'd be curious to read more news on those...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

Ilive about an hour from the Troodos. Do you know an exact location?
It would be fun to go and see where.

X

new topics

top topics

join