It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the real Antichrist Please stand up!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
To Incarnated

Just wanted to apologize for any thread derailment.

To Micky and Ryan and hey even to Riggs.

I don't wish to be combative with you. I like to share, and talk, and support one another.

I am no wiser than any of you. I study, I look, I see.

Please begin in the old testament. Without it, the New Testament, which is not new, makes no sense.

Understand that both the tribes of Levi the 3rd Generation and Judah the 4th Generation, both committed iniquity. One held the law up, the other held himself up.

It is the Legend of Jesus that betrays Jesus "with a kiss" it seals him. This is why God visits the iniquity of the fathers upon the 3rd and 4th Generations, but Love and Kindness to thousands who do his will. Levi means "Attached"
and Judah "Celebrated". The tribes of Attached and Celebrated. Both think themselves above the rest, so they are made examples of.

I don't wish to argue with you. I will show you facts and what I know is true.
I wish you peace.

Again, sorry Incarnated

Lol. Get off it.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Okay, I'm gonna give this one more shot.

So, making a distinction between Christians and TRUE Christians must be stressed.
Jesus does not want Christians, non-christians, and antichristians to think that anyone CLAIMING to be a Christian is a Christian just because they say they are a Christian.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT AND JESUS MOVES ME AND DESIRES FOR ME TO MAKE THE DISTINCTION!

Lukewarm "Christians" are NOT Christians to Jesus Christ!

It is clear we are talking about two different things, however, what we are really talking about is the definition of the word, which is unrelated to what Jesus wants. Our source would not be the bible, but Websters dictionary. The fact that you admit that there is a distinction means that you concede that you can be a christian, whether or not your a true christian.

You've admitted earlier that the word Christian was a term not developed by Christ but by people who wanted to label those who believed in Christ, so on and so forth, and thus we have the label Christian for those who follow Christ. Do you think they would have called someone Christian who blindly went to church and listened to their minister only, and claimed to believe in Christ? I do. And that isn't even the modern day perception. Again, the label Christian is defined as anyone who follows Christ and his teachings. Whether or not they be true followers is immaterial. It matters to Christ, but not to websters, which is what we are talking about. So just by thinking you are following Christs teachings you are Christian in the broadest sense. No one is saying that you are going to heaven, but you are Christian. I agree that a true Christian is far different from a luke warm christian, or even one who just applies the name liberally. However, that is irrelevant for our conversation.

Therefore, the word TRUE or TRUTH is irrelevant and we shouldn't waste our time defining for the arguments in this thread.

Letthereaderunderstand,

Really? Let me ask you something honestly. Do you think Jesus wants you to memorize the bible or use it as a rule guideline to get to him in the end? Do you think he wants you to let others know of his actions by telling people or do you think he wants you to show them his actions by you acting with love and kindness in your life?

The truth is that people will follow your lead if you show them that it is a cause worth following. The bible is nothing more than a guidepost, a rule outline, you follow these steps you'll surely reach heaven. There is no wisdom in that book that you can gain by reading it. Wisdom comes from actions. The words are useless if you don't act with the love and kindness Jesus Christ tells you to act with. When you talk to people about the bible, a lot of people tune you out. However, when they see you act with using Jesus as your guidepost soon people will wonder, why is that person so kind and generous? They'll ask, and the best way, I've found, to tell them is by getting to know them first. Most people aren't going to open their hearts to someone they don't know, and a lot of people just assume that person who loves Christ = Crazy person.

I think Socrates said it best, paraphrasing here. A person knows nothing. Thus the person who believes they know something is less wise than the person who admits they know nothing. This is because the person who admits they know nothing, at least knows 1 thing.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally by Ryanp5555

By SaintlyMic
So, making a distinction between Christians and TRUE Christians must be stressed.
Jesus does not want Christians, non-christians, and antichristians to think that anyone CLAIMING to be a Christian is a Christian just because they say they are a Christian.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT AND JESUS MOVES ME AND DESIRES FOR ME TO MAKE THE DISTINCTION!

Lukewarm "Christians" are NOT Christians to Jesus Christ!

By Ryanp5555
It is clear we are talking about two different things, however, what we are really talking about is the definition of the word, which is unrelated to what Jesus wants. Our source would not be the bible, but Websters dictionary. The fact that you admit that there is a distinction means that you concede that you can be a christian, whether or not your a true christian.

You've admitted earlier that the word Christian was a term not developed by Christ but by people who wanted to label those who believed in Christ, so on and so forth, and thus we have the label Christian for those who follow Christ. Do you think they would have called someone Christian who blindly went to church and listened to their minister only, and claimed to believe in Christ? I do. And that isn't even the modern day perception. Again, the label Christian is defined as anyone who follows Christ and his teachings. Whether or not they be true followers is immaterial. It matters to Christ, but not to websters, which is what we are talking about. So just by thinking you are following Christs teachings you are Christian in the broadest sense. No one is saying that you are going to heaven, but you are Christian. I agree that a true Christian is far different from a luke warm christian, or even one who just applies the name liberally. However, that is irrelevant for our conversation.

Therefore, the word TRUE or TRUTH is irrelevant and we shouldn't waste our time defining for the arguments in this thread.

It was not me who brought up the definition of the word Christian and its meaning.
That was you in response to another post someone else had previously posted.

You confronted me that I should "put to rest" saying "TRUE Christian" rather than simply saying "Christian" because it is YOUR BELIEF that anyone who calls themselves a Christian is still a Christian.

That may be what YOU believe, but it is not accurate.
Just because someone surnames themselves a Christian does NOT mean they are truly a real Christian.

For example: (and I do not like to do this...)

1. Jehovah Witnesses call themselves Christian, but they in the same breath deny that Jesus Christ is Jehovah. They changed John 1:1 in such a way that they call Jesus "a god" rather than "God". The fact that they did this is evidence that they are not TRUE Christians.

2. Mormons also call themselves Christian, yet they too deny that Jesus is God Almighty. They, in fact, say Jesus is brother to satan, and that Jesus is a type of angel. In so doing this they say Jesus is not God. By denying Jesus from being God Almighty they have mistakenly and wrongly called themselves Christian. They therefore are not TRUE Christians.

There are many more examples, but there are just two of them.
I do not like to point out other denominations like that, but Christ moved me to do so because you think that anyone calling themselves a Christian is still a Christian.

Many people say to Jesus, "LORD, LORD" or "lord, lord" and yet they deny that Jesus is God Almighty.
Instead, they make Jesus Christ out to be something and someone He is not.
By doing so they are showing that they are not a Christian at all.

Therefore, your definition of one calling oneself a Christian is not accurate.
Just because someone calls themselves a Christian does NOT make them a Christian in TRUTH.
You are either a TRUE Christian or not a Christian at all.

The antichrist will hate those who are TRUE Christians!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaintlyMic

Originally by Ryanp5555

It was not me who brought up the definition of the word Christian and its meaning.
That was you in response to another post someone else had previously posted.

You confronted me that I should "put to rest" saying "TRUE Christian" rather than simply saying "Christian" because it is YOUR BELIEF that anyone who calls themselves a Christian is still a Christian.

Actually, I was talking to Incarnated saying that he was a christian whether or not he chose to accept the title. I said this because he is someone who follows Christ and his teachings. Thus, as defined, he is a Christian whether he accepts it or not. Then you came in and stated that not all people who call themselves are true christians and thus my definition of christian is wrong. Listen, my definition came from the dictionary. A dictionary's sole purpose is to define words. Therefore, a definition from a dictionary is accurate. Thus, my definition, which came from a dictionary, is NOT debatable. Only you started talking about what really makes a person Christian in the eyes of God. That was NOT what we were discussing, and it had no relevance on the conversation between Incarnated and myself.

That may be what YOU believe, but it is not accurate.
Just because someone surnames themselves a Christian does NOT mean they are truly a real Christian.

Actually, it is as accurate as it gets. It is the dictionary's definition of it. Period.

For example: (and I do not like to do this...)

1. Jehovah Witnesses call themselves Christian, but they in the same breath deny that Jesus Christ is Jehovah. They changed John 1:1 in such a way that they call Jesus "a god" rather than "God". The fact that they did this is evidence that they are not TRUE Christians.

2. Mormons also call themselves Christian, yet they too deny that Jesus is God Almighty. They, in fact, say Jesus is brother to satan, and that Jesus is a type of angel. In so doing this they say Jesus is not God. By denying Jesus from being God Almighty they have mistakenly and wrongly called themselves Christian. They therefore are not TRUE Christians.

There are many more examples, but there are just two of them.
I do not like to point out other denominations like that, but Christ moved me to do so because you think that anyone calling themselves a Christian is still a Christian.

Actually that is not what I said. I said those people who think they are following Christ's teachings, whether or not they are actually following the correct teaching is irrelevant. Mormons, for instance, believe that what they are reading is what Christ wants them to do, and they are his teachings. Thus, they believe they are following Christ and his teachings. Thus, they are Christian, and this is how they are CLASSIFIED TOO! Whether or not they actually are has no bearing on this conversation, so you need to get past that.

Many people say to Jesus, "LORD, LORD" or "lord, lord" and yet they deny that Jesus is God Almighty.
Instead, they make Jesus Christ out to be something and someone He is not.
By doing so they are showing that they are not a Christian at all.

Therefore, your definition of one calling oneself a Christian is not accurate.
Just because someone calls themselves a Christian does NOT make them a Christian in TRUTH.
You are either a TRUE Christian or not a Christian at all.

The antichrist will hate those who are TRUE Christians!

Oh my god, for the purposes of our conversation the anti-christ is irrelevant. Our discussion, and try to get your head around this, is simply the definition of a christian. NOT true Christians, not people who are going to heaven, not people who will be discriminated against by the Anti-Christ. But what people would fall under the broad definition of Christian. The ONLY way to figure that out is to get a definition of it. Since, Christianity is SO LARGE we cannot use any one, or multiple, churches belief(s) to define the word christian. Thus, we have to turn to the dictionary to get a blanket definition of the term. This blanket definition is what I was talking about when I said that Incarnated was Christian whether he wanted to classify himself as one or not. I was making no statement about whether or not he was Mormon, Catholic, Protestant, or a Jehovah Witness. I made no comment on whether his belief system was right under God's view. I made no statement on whether or not he was a true christian. Thus, everything you said about True Christians was irrelevant to our conversation. We were talking about A and you brought in B, an immaterial tidbit of information.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think I've figured out a new way to illustrate the definition of Christian.

I want you to come up with an acceptable worldwide definition of Christianity. Keep in mind this is to be 1. objective, and 2. not your own view, but one that satisfies the world.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
To Incarnated

Just wanted to apologize for any thread derailment.

To Micky and Ryan and hey even to Riggs.

I don't wish to be combative with you. I like to share, and talk, and support one another.

I am no wiser than any of you. I study, I look, I see.

Please begin in the old testament. Without it, the New Testament, which is not new, makes no sense.

Understand that both the tribes of Levi the 3rd Generation and Judah the 4th Generation, both committed iniquity. One held the law up, the other held himself up.

It is the Legend of Jesus that betrays Jesus "with a kiss" it seals him. This is why God visits the iniquity of the fathers upon the 3rd and 4th Generations, but Love and Kindness to thousands who do his will. Levi means "Attached"
and Judah "Celebrated". The tribes of Attached and Celebrated. Both think themselves above the rest, so they are made examples of.

I don't wish to argue with you. I will show you facts and what I know is true.
I wish you peace.

Again, sorry Incarnated

Lol. Get off it.

I'm not playing a game with you. Accept what you will to accept.

I have wished you peace, so I will stick to that.

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Letthereaderunderstand,

Really? Let me ask you something honestly. Do you think Jesus wants you to memorize the bible or use it as a rule guideline to get to him in the end? Do you think he wants you to let others know of his actions by telling people or do you think he wants you to show them his actions by you acting with love and kindness in your life?

"Say something once, why say it again?....Talking Heads

Honestly, I will tell you. Jesus name is an action. Quit literally.
Ἰησοῦς
Iēsous
Thayer Definition:
Jesus = “Jehovah is salvation”

Understand Jehovah
H3068
יהוה
yehôvâh
BDB Definition:
Jehovah = “the existing One”

"The existing One is Salvation"---Jesus

So, in effect if you were speaking Jesus name you are stating a fact, not speaking a name. It is a declaration of Yisrael, which again is not a name but a statement...."He will rule as God".

God's words are spirit and truth. Understand "the existing one is salvation" was saying "Out of your own mouths do you judge yourself".

He was saying we are God, the living Body. Spirit and Truth...Not just saying, but Saying and Doing just as you've said.

I fully agree with you.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SaintlyMic

Hello again friend. How are you today?

In regards to the Jay-z witnesses and the sires of smith. Everyone really.

Psa 82:6 I--I have said, `Gods ye are , And sons of the Most High--all of you

Peace

Please be responsible with that info...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
hey heres one for you to consider...

Obama is the new "anti-christ"...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Caption on this video reads:

Michael Jackson's Heal the World

Dont believe the media he is a good guy who was out here trying to make this world a better place as you could see from his actions and his music. I believe all the junk that happened to him was placed on him for doing so much good

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Larry Flynt is in a wheelchair.
Can he raise his hand.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I was standing for a while and -since no one notice- I found a chair.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
you know i think its funny all the speculation over the identity of the anti-christ, when in reality it could be anyone even you, and before you say "whoa not me no way" im sure when hitler was 15 he didnt think he was going to start a major world conflict either, i mean the laws of probability as i see it would make anyone capable of any potental role or action based upon circumstances that are unforseen untill the moment they occure, so next time your looking for the boogyman check out the mirror or call your grandma, you could be on the right track.

hope this post even made sense thanks.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Well back in 1998 I was telling people this pop-star would end up being mostlikely to become the false prophet, actually I think it was well before that date as well, but that's all water under the bridge.

However when ever I spoke of that popstar as the false prophet one troublesome point would come up over and over that they were not part of the anti-christ's religion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Really, I should not be so mean, having a huge advantage over you, of being at this moment, 2 and a half years up-time from you!

You will know by now that the person you mis-identified as Antichrist died in June 2009, therefore simply can't fit into the role you chose for him. Plus which, afaik, his conversion to Islam was a hoax.
Added to which, I think your reason for deciding that Islam was the the most anit-Christian religion was purely American/political.
I've just seen some posts today that were breath-taking in their hatred of Christianity - posted by Jews. I know from my experience with them (working and living near them) that Hindus can be very anti-Christian.
I don't think Islam is any more anti-Christian than many other religions, including tub-thumping internet atheism, which in its wild fundamentalism more and more resembles a religion!

Vicky

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join