It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallout 3 Helpers Guide!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
hello friendly and unfriendly wastelanders!! currently im a level 19 paragon (very good karma)

everytime i walk around megaton i have a chick who gives me a stim pack.hehehe..

oh and finally completed the megaton quest WASTELAND SURVIVAL GUIDE! and in the end, i have a HUGE feeling that she states, as an undertone i might add that if you throw a plasma grenade at a computer terminal it my short it out so you can just access whatever you need or it will open the door for you. did anyone else pay attention to this!?

i kid you not, i go so engrosed in wandering and completing side quests that i rocketed straight to level 19..so i decided to hit the main quest, currently dad and i have ran all the way back to rivet city and are currently heading off somewhere else after speaking with dr. lui

I BELEIVE the G.E.C.K. is a real devise and will eventually turn the wasteland into a lush environment.. wouldnt it be cool if you can spray GECK goo on trees and the ground and it instantly starts to grow life... this means we can 'flip' the whole game upside down and have a shooter that plays post-post apocolyptic world. siiiiiick!!!

I LOVE FALLOUT 3!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

Did anyone ever manage to find the Failsafe that was supposedly hidden in the abandoned house in the 1950's simulation sequence? The gnome and the other items made a funny radio sound when I clicked them but I never could figure out what that crazy old bag was talking about.

So I did the evil mission like the Dr. told me. Not every day you get to be a 10 year old serial murderer running around a neighborhood slashing people to death at the bequest of a 10 year old girl who talks like a 50 year old German man!!

Twisted stuff!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

yeah i actually read another post which talked about which sequence to press the items in..

however, i just went into the abandoned house started with the radio and realized it made a 'clean' activation sound and not that 'dant dant dant' error sound.

so after about 15 tries, i think it goes. radio,pitcher,gnome,radio,ah i dont know, just follow your ears.hehehe

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

Congrats wasteland Hero!!!

Yeah the G.E.C.K was used to build Vault city over in Cali.
Fallout 2 main quest was to find a G.E.C.K and it would be used to rebuild the wastelanders little village.
But when you found the G.E.C.K and came back you found the Enclave had wipped out your whole village!!! So you then turn to the Meta Humans or supermutants for help!
Yeah not all Meta Humans are bad guys! And the reason they are in DC is still unknown to me..
================================================
I wanted to add this little tid Bit...

NEVER lock yourself out of a computer!! If you get to the point where you allmost use up your 3 tries.. Back out and start Fresh!!!

You can always back out of a lock, or computer if you are about out of chances.. If you dont get the code right, or break off to many bobby pins, you will be permantly lock out of the said box, or PC you are trying to get into..
There is a perk that will allow you to try 1 more time on something..
But IMO that perk is a total waste becasue you can always back out of a lock or PC!!!
================================================
Glad your enjoying the game as much as me!!!

Edit--- TIP: The correct sequence is: Radio, pitcher, gnome, pitcher, cinder block, gnome, bottle.

Thats the part you are talking about
Send in the troops to kill everyone and get out of there and save your DAD!

And you are well on your way to POWERARMOR!!! whoo !

But I found the Ranger Armor you can get from one of the dead Rangers if you happen to just let one die.. Is almost as good as powerarmor!!!
I use the Ranger Armor and an Enclave Tesla power helm!!!

[edit on 11-12-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The correct sequence is: Radio, pitcher, gnome, pitcher, cinder block, gnome, bottle.

(answer provided by OP's starting post

By the way, speaking of power armors, one of the caretakers in the place with the trees will give you a special power amor if you strenghten the heart.. just reckoned I'd mention it..

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

TIP: The correct sequence is: Radio, pitcher, gnome, pitcher, cinder block, gnome, bottle.

Just wanted to make sure everyone got this one.. It saves up on alot of Bad Karma you would get from here in doing the slasher part!!!

hehe but it is kinda fun.. I did it my first time around when I played a real bastard of the wastes.. Even killed 3 dog

reply to post by Phatcat

Edit.. hehe we both posted this one at the same time... So I guess it wont be missed!! Lots of reading in this thread.. And can be easy to over look some things!

This guide reflects the size of this game.. and its massive and hard to take in just 1 day.. Games like these can spend a week or so to learn

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
But I found the Ranger Armor you can get from one of the dead Rangers if you happen to just let one die.. Is almost as good as powerarmor!!!
I use the Ranger Armor and an Enclave Tesla power helm!!!

Ermmm.. why let a Ranger die?

If you complete the Ranger Resque mission, you can choose between a minigun and the ranger armor.. since I find a minigun to be too heavy for what it's worth, the armor's real nice, and none of the Rangers die

I tried playing Evil... I just couldn't go through with it.. I guess I'm a sucker for happy endings. Just wanted to see Megaton turn into Megaradiated but after that I aborted and restarted good again :p

By the way, I think there is a 3rd guy who asks for purified water at the entrance to tenpenny tower. I heard the begging sound but couldn't locate him, might be worth checking into if you're close to it?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Thats it man...I took some Ranger Armor off of one of the dead Rangers after a mutant killed him. I just need to get into that Citadel to learn to use it...evidently all I need to do is follow Dad to the next place and I will be in business.

Also...thanks for the heads up on the sequnce for the fail safe but I already murdered everyone...lol...it was fun. I knew as soon as that "little girl" told me to make that one kid cry it wasnt going to end well for those folks..lol.

I found Tenpenny Towers finally but havent gone inside yet. I have discovered around 40 places so far but many many to go Im sure. The missions are cool but I really like exploring and scavenging more than the actual game missions.

Did anyone choose to blow up Megaton when the guy gave you the chance? If so...what happened?

I have decided I may as well just accept being evil, although I have already killed a lot of the Talon mercs. My karma was good until I did the 50's simulation. Last night I saved and then procedded to kill everyone in Megaton and it said I was "Very Evil"..lol....but I restarted.

I love this game.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatcat

There is a beggar at Tenpenny, one at Megaton and one on the platform at the ship city.

Im about to head far Northeast for the first time, start weeding through the buildings in Capital City.

My only regret so far is that I killed the black dude who was camped out on the shore near the main bridge across to the Capital Wasteland. I was trying to go around to avoid the mutants and he suprised me, before I had a chance to speak to him or realize he was friendly I had already blown his head off.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Did anyone choose to blow up Megaton when the guy gave you the chance? If so...what happened?

I did it with the 'aborted' character, aye.

You get to detonate it yourself at tenpenny tower, makes one heck of a lightshow.

Wait untill night falls for the maximum visual experience

*edit to add: if you hire the evil guy in megaton , blow up the city, then fire him, he will go sit in the blastzone of the city untill you need him again

And the chick who gives the wasteland survival guide quest will show up at rivet city again.. and then at Underworld, since she's seen her fair share of radioactivity after the big flash (info I learned from my mate who enjoys playing Evil for some (no doubt disturbing) reason

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Phatcat]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
To be honest, I hated using the npc helpers of any alignment. Not only do you have to babysit them in some situations, if you don't heal them using your own precious stimpacks they die. For some reason they never heal themselves with their own gear.

Lone wolf is the only way to go. With the right weapons and armor, you are a one man/woman wrecking machine.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

I would have to agree.. I had dogmeat.. And I sent him out to get me some ammo.. the little bastard took off, and then said, Dogmeat has died!!
Im like oh man...

And my other NPC guys eat up all my EXP!!! I want that EXP for myself!

So yeah lonewolf is reallly the way to go in this game!
And if you are trying to get slaves.. Your NPC will go crazy and just start wasting people, and run off and get themselfs killed!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Help? I dont need no stinking help...muahahaha!! (cocks his shotgun)

I agree...lone wolf is the ticket. I finally got my power armor training and did the whole repair mission with dad. Right now Im up in the cave with those stupid little kids trying to burrow my way into the vault.

Where is another good arms dealer besides the one in Magaton and the one in Rivet City? I know about the trade caravans but I need an actual gun /ammo dealer. I need to score more .308 rounds for my sniper rifle and cant find any.

Suggestions?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Grats on your progress!!!

Yeah you can get into little lamplight without having to go threw the whole slaver deal if you have the perk that is the inner child perk!
They will let you in becasue you are a cool mungo!!!

Now about the ammo shop..
There is megaton, you found that one. Rivit city.. got that one..
There is lock and load in The Slaver city, Paradise city..
There is also the Main guard in Tenpenny tower that will trade with you.

If you want in Tenpenny tower.. give them 100 caps as an act of good will and they will let you in!

Also Lucky the travling merchant is the best Ammo provider in the game!
His selection of hot death, served in many flavors

Ummm lets see.. IN Cantaberry commans you can upgrade luckies gear so he has more ammo and better stock.

Thats all I can think of right now.. But there may be more.. I will go into the game a bit on my main guy and take a look around for you!

Oh yeah The undercity.. Ghoul place in DC ruins has a bit of ammo too!

Edit-- South of Tenpenny tower, you will see 2 stores.. One store has a Scavanger that will sell you a little ammo and mower blades for your fire sword aka shishabob!! Great weapon hand to hand.

There are many hunters, and random Scavangers that walk around the map.. problem is running into them randomly!

However if the enclave is on the map.. Chances are most the travling merchants are going to get wasted by them..

Most my travling merchants are dead, becasue they ran into an Enclave support camp and got aced.. But atleast you get to loot all their stuff and get it for free.. Take their key and head to The Commans and open their lockers in the main building in cantaberry commans...

I belive the Rangers will sell you some stuff... OR maybe he just repairs your gear dont remember off hand..

Re-edit.. Sniper Ammo is pretty rare bullet.. sometimes you just have to buy up the ammo.. find a bed and sleep for like 24 hours X5..
Waste about 4-5 days and head back to the dealer and they should be restocked!!!

Ah yes... forgot this too... James in Rivit city, if you have child at heart perk.. He will steal ammo from Flak and Shrap shop 1 time per day for you! Sometimes he nabs you some sniper ammo

[edit on 13-12-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
there's one ranger who will heal you (for free if I remember correct, not too sure though) and one who'll trade.

however, I found the place to be a crashfest second time I played through the game, every time I go there I get uber lag and then a disconnect.

If your system can pull it however..

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
So I finally made it through the caverns to the vault....and they sure did load down the place with giant mutants

Finally made it through there all the way to meet up with Guy Fawkes (am I mistaken or isnt that the same name of the guy who was in V for Vendetta?...aka Guy Fawkes Day?). Went through...got kidnapped by the bad guys and taken to the facility to meet the president.

I got loose and killed mostly everyone in the entire facility...but I have been running around fopr an hour trying to navigate my way through the complex to find his office. The place is enormous.

Also wondering....if I finish this part of the mission is this the end of the game? I need to know..because I dont want to end it I still have a lot of stuff to do in other places.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
nope, it is not the end sequence.. be sure to get the bobblehead in the complex though, after you exit you won't be able to get it anymore.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This post here will have little to do with hints or tips to the game, but more so what I have found this game to hint to me about.

When you get close to the brotherhood of steel citidel. You will come across a broadcast. Something along the lines of the American something or another... Cant remember the name of it.

But the person talking is on a loop, which talks about the wallstreet boys and how they have ties to Nazi's.
How wallstreet boys needed to be taken down before the war happens.

Oddly enough Ive found many conspiracy angels taken in this game.
Who ever was writing for this game, knew very well about many conspiracy ideas, and what is going on in our world today.

Ive found many hints, and things in this game that lead me to further research in my own personal life about what is going on in this world.

I can only hope that our world, is not a reflection to how things could turn to be in a few years..
Sure its only a game.. But theres many aspects to this game, that have been deeply researched, and looked into with current affairs.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The radio station you hint about is actually kind of a Chinese propaganda channel.. I think it got aborted when the bombs dropped..

I also think they do have some knowledge about the conspiracy theorys, but (to me) they came across as wanting to discredit them, rather then promote them, if you know what I mean..

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatcat

I sure do! I belive the game itself is a propaganda game..
However I still very much enjoy the game. And it doesnt take away from the fun.. But the game in itself speaks of commies, and all that..
Which for a person who was not well versed with knowledge.

would tend to think.. hey this game is very truthful.. those damn Commies!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join