It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Taliban offered to hand over Bin laden before and after 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I think this should be read by all who belive that the war on terror was launched to bring Bin Ladn and his co-horts to justice. Here the Bush administration had several opportunites to kill or apprehend Bin Laden before and after 9/11 with the help of the Taliban, as they were aware of the consequences if they didn't co-operate.

It is clear that this whole invasion and the one launched on Iraq had nothing to to with terrorisim but in extending U.S govermental and corporate power to places once unaccesiable.

I cannot wait for Bush to leave the White House.

www.counterpunch.org...

[edit on 22-11-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
There was an incident some 10 years ago while Clinton was in office. Members of the Army's Special Ops community had a sniper rifle trained on Osama bin Laden and asked for the trigger. Some two days later, Clinton said no that Osama wasn't worth killing. I suppose we know who showed who that he wasn't worth killing. Lol!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I'm sorry, but this could just as easily be a blog honestly. So this doesn't have much credibility with me since I am looking for sourcing on the webpage, but nothing is found. Evidence please kind sir.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
But But But....

If they had handed over Bin Laden, then we would not have been able to invade Afghanistan, meaning no Gubbermint contracts for corporate buddies of the Bush Admin, no pipeline for Cheney, no control over the opium trade for the CIA/Six/Mossad, no phantom bad guy to keep the American public in fear, no excuse for Patriot Act......

Thank god the Taleban weren't taken up on any offer they may or may not have made.

/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The fact that it involved the Special Ops community implies that you wouldn't find any source of it on the internet. My source is a operator that was there 10 years ago and told me of the news. I'm not giving his name or present affiliation up as that would cause him a great deal of trouble.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eulogy
There was an incident some 10 years ago while Clinton was in office. Members of the Army's Special Ops community had a sniper rifle trained on Osama bin Laden and asked for the trigger. Some two days later, Clinton said no that Osama wasn't worth killing. I suppose we know who showed who that he wasn't worth killing. Lol!

Yeah, LOL that is funny. So either becuase of that, he lived long enough to kill 3000 americans HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh that is funny... or he was never a threat and just used a ruse to blame him and clinton for Bush failing to secure the borders and 3000 Americans died HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is so F@*%ing funny!

really? that makes ya laugh huh? Check your facts, son. Clinton asked to pull the trigger and the REPUBLICAN CONGRESS SAID NO TO CLINTON.

Either way, glad you find humor in 9/11.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Eulogy

The knowledge of this fact is publicly available through the book, Killer Elite by author Michael Smith. So it is a fact to the nonbelievers.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Question:
Why is the United States uninterested with catching Osama Bin Laden?

Answer:
Even the highest level of intelligence can barely connect him to 9/11. The trial would never succeed in a US court. He would have to be illegally detained in a place such as Guantanamo. We would never do this however because of the rich oil ties Osama Bin Laden has, as well as the political ties and motivation which he encourages.

If he were to die at the hands of an American soldier he would die a martyr for Islam extremists. We would then have a real war on our hands. Worst than it is now in Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

I hear Hannity, O'Really, and Dennis Miller all saying that they think he is dead now. I guess since G.W. is on his way out, we no longer need this boogey man.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well it's not juast a blog as these facts were made known to the 9/11 commision by Kabir Mohabbat. Cockburn is just relaying these facts to the reader as the commision did not take these on board. Kabir also told the 9/11 families.

I think your find Cockburn and St. Clarie are renowned journalists known for their uncovering of the truth. Here are some more sources on the man and his activities.

www.historycommons.org...
www.cbsnews.com...
blogs.salon.com...

It's pretty clear that the U.S were offered Bin Laden and any other assurances that the U.S wanted. The Taliban did not want to be destroyed and were finding the terrorists an irritant anyway.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
There are many reasons as to thy the Bush Administration refused to accept Bin Laden from the Taliban was that the Bush Administration needed an excuse to go into Afghanistan to attempt to wipeout the opium trade in that country. From what I have heard, the opium trade in Afghanistan is not failing, but it is at an all-time high. Not only that, but the image of Bin Laden being a terrorist leader "on the run" has been a perfect scapegoat for the government to use when they want to increase security levels fro no apparent reason. Besides, the only time that Bin Laden "surfaces" is when the fear card is to be played. However, for the last few times they have done this, it came back to bite them. They did it back in 2006 with the mid-term elections and this year with the presidential election. They did it both times, and they failed at it big time.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The Taliban is not going to give up one of their own, especially Osama Bin Laden who has provided manpower and financial aid to the Taliban in their war against the Northern Alliance, who killed the Ahmed Massood by two Arab journalists. Who in fact is married to one of Mullah Omar's (Taliban leader) daughters.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

If you believe that the Taliban would not give up one of their own, you know nothing about the history of the Afghanistan.

new topics

top topics

join