It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America (Babylon) defeated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is an excerpt from one of my web pages:

"when Europe is the world superpower and America is a byword, a polluted, starving, impoverished 3rd world country with no might, then shall someone ask, What became of America the great, America the beautiful? And in that day it shall be said that America rotted and festered and became polluted, in that she embraced sin as her lover and no longer upheld her own rights or laws, but threw them to the streets and trampled her own constitution under foot, by renouncing God and removing God from public places, to replace God with sinful idols! For these reasons she is destroyed, the hope lies in Jesus, in returning to his path of light. Shall we, or not?"

arwensoracle.tripod.com... for the full message. There are also predictions/prophesies on the pages "Conflagration Evident" and the Home page.

I do not think the real danger is arab terrorists. I think they are just setting up the U.S. for an even greater fall. Europe will become a united superpower. The U.S. will do something to really p*** the EU off and then the surprise attack. There is also reference to this in the Book of Revelation, chapter 18. The "10 horns" represent the nations of the EU, and babylon represents the U.S.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Babylon is not the US only...she has her counterparts in Europe and all over the world.

When Babylon falls, it will be the fall of all governments. The regular people in all parts of the world will be the ones to bring down Babylon, not god, not aliens, just regular people like you and me, who at some point will decide that their governments are no longer serving their best interests.

good post and theory though.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The fall of all governments doesn't line up with the prophesies about Babylon in Revelation 18, verses 9, 15, 17, 18 & 19. In those verses it says the Kings & merchants of the Earth mourn the destruction of babylon... so they are still around.
I do agree they will eventually fall though, but that it will be after the fall of Babylon, at the battle of Armageddon

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Isn't europe far more liberal than America? I've only been there twice and I remember a lot of churches but how many people go I don't know.

Personally I don't think religion will have much to do with anything in the future. It's somewhat reflected in the topsy-turvy relationship between religious fundamentalism and economics we can see around the world today. America will fall, that is true, but because of religion? I doubt it.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
sorry for confusing you...i read the bible but do not consider it the "exclusive" word on the end of days. Babylon is term used by many other religions to describe "the man" the "nwo", "govt" etc.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
kouni a man-man w! pani pwoblem

*HAHA, worldwatcher, i thought you were speaking ebonics

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by insite]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
what is up with this, it's showing in some weird text? Or...could it be me that has the problem?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
kouni a man-man w! pani pwoblem

*HAHA, worldwatcher, i thought you were speaking ebonics

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by insite]

lmao.

ah do speak ebonix, don' make give ya uh lesson

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well... I guess that if all this assuming, interpreting, and guessing comes true it's gonna be real ugly in my hometown, eh?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Crystal, Europe is in far worse shape in regard to sin than America, your theory doesn't make sense on that logic as well as other levels.

America is not mentioned of in the Bible, except maybe in two references, one being the Lion (England) and her cubs (one of which would be us) and possibly in reference to the Jews being taken away and hidden on the wings of an Eagle, but neither of which I'd wager too much money.

What is obvious is that the U.S. must lose its power, both in obvious power as well as spiritual power. It is obvious that we are losing our spiritual power, we are quickly catching up with Europe with its narcissistic secularlism. We already see our troops going all over the world, we see our society slipping and many not even realize what damage is being done, Israel coming under more and more pressure and the international political climate changing at a never before seen pace.

We will fall from international power, true enough, but we are not Babylon. We are not that important.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Some people also think the "daughter of Tarshish" may refer to America. They relate this because tarshish was a Phoenician city with great sailing vessels and there is some evidence that Phoenicians sailed to North America centuries before Christ.
What other nation would fit the Babylon description though?
I agree Europe is in moral decline, but its gaining in political power. If the EU becomes the seat of a world dictatorship, it too will fall, as have all dictatorships in the past.
I haven't heard the "Lion" reference in a while.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The "whole kit-n-kaboodle" starts and stops with you United Nation's.
That's my prediction.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by starcrystal
What other nation would fit the Babylon description though?

In my opinion you can't take the bible so literally. Perhaps Babylon is a mindset. It doesn't have to be a nation. If it is, look at the cutural/political climate during the time of it's writing. What were the Romans doing during this time? Perhaps the context in which Babylon was used does not so easily fit the current world? I think thats the logical conclusion.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I agree with worlwatcher and thomas. Europe is in as bad, or worse shape as the United States. Remember also that the supposed prophecies also say that Rome would fall and would be invaded. All prophecies i ahve studied actually say that Europe will fall first.

If the United States' economy falls, most of the rest of the world would follow. Just as if Europe falls, many other countries will follow. Countries nowadays depend on the economy of other countries.

join