It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sparks Fly As 'Gay" Activist Mob Swarms Christians

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zman
After seeing the gay's do that made me think that they are really bad people. They have no mercy. They will kill you..My god, what has happened to my country. It looks like sodom and gomora.

Keep in mind there are many types of people capable of such, not just homosexuals and Christians. Pretty much anyone, so I wouldn't get too carried away with that stereotype...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Yes, because it's much better to have a child grow up abandoned, in an orphanage, poor, starving, or diseased in a third world country than someone having two loving parents, regardless of gender?

I stand by my earlier statement that conveniently went ignored. These people went out to pray on their view of the immorality of homosexuality outside of a bar where gay people were doing nothing but minding their own business, and they did nothing but exercise their right to free speech at its fullest.

Plus, once again, they were at bars. Do you expect calm and rational responses when alcohol is involved? I'll say it again: take 100 Christians and go to any bar (straight, gay, biker, Latino, urban, dive, karaoke) and you'll get the same indignant reaction, because when it's all said and done it comes down to a group of people trying to exercise their perceived moral superiority over another group.

And about the group that harassed the Church. That is one isolated incidence from a small group of angry individuals, and does not represent the whole.

If we've learned anything from our post 9/11 era, I would have thought it would be that it's illogical and ridiculous to label all people of a group one way because of the actions of an extremely minute few.

Edit for clarity

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Avenginggecko]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

The laws have not changed... an unmarried couple, straight or gay does not have any say in the medical decisions (among others) of their partners.

That is what a legally recognized marriage all about... the sanctioning of a relationship both legally and spiritually.

If your church is opposed to having gays marry fine... then your church shouldn't preform them.... but other churches would. Also fine.... keep the word marriage to mean a religiously sanctioned union but do not deny people the right to a civil union... its cruel.

link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by HunkaHunka

When will gay people realize that Christians are morally abligated to express their views as to what our Lord Jesus Christ is telling us both in the bible and in our prayer and quiet time with the Holy Spirit helping us.

Grandma

And when will Christians realize that they have no right to dictate how others should live their life?
You can believe what you want to believe, but when it starts affecting my rights and when you are preaching hate and intolerance in my face, you'd better be able to run fast!

I do not accept that gay people have a right to be violent towards anyone. And I have seen NO EVIDENCE of that having taken place. What I have seen is Christian groups deliberately provoking scenarios in order to support their propaganda.
In the last ten years I have seen footage and reports of Christian groups protesting gay civil partnerships, the funerals of gay people, spitting and throwing missiles at gay people at their events, assaulting gay people... I could go on.
It is no surprise that these things boil over. And if you are a Christian standing in a location known to be predominantly frequented by the gay community and you start dictating to others how they should live, what do you expect to happen?
It is human nature that the oppressed will fight back, and when you exacerbate that by further insults and hatred, you can expect direct backlash.

Freedom of speech and opinion is a fair thing to state, but when you abuse that right by spouting hatred and insult you have crossed the line.

Right, this discussion can go on forever with the righteous Christians and blatant bigots spouting rubbish and the Gay crowd arguing against such.

But the one real issue here is...

In what way does recognizing a gay couples right to partner going to affect YOU?
Why should you care if a gay couple are allowed to be legally recognized partners or not?

Apart from your belief that "Marriage" is sacred and should only apply to one woman and one man (which this does not involve as it is CIVIL UNION, and NOT Marriage, recognized under LAW and NOT RELIGION), how does denying gay people this right help you?

In what way does the state or public benefit from this?

I'll tell you how they won't benefit...

Certain businesses may face a boycott, people may leave the state for more tolerant places (I'd be on the first bus out of there), animosity and anger may rise, voluntary segregation may spread.
As the exodus occurs and increases as these other areas of friction increase, gay operated businesses could close, gay districts (which bring in billions of $ annually) will face an economic collapse and they'll likely vanish.

Never underestimate the level of economic contribution the gay community makes. The "disposable income" gay communities pay out is huge, and if they now decide not to spend that income on any business not gay owned or operated, the state and general population will suffer.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by detachedindividual]

link   
reply to post by grover

Yes, it was a vulgar act for them to be exchanging money and animals to be sacfiriced on the Temple grounds. No wonder Jesus got angry.

Grandma

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Wouldn't powers of attorney and wills alleviate some of those issues?

If not it would seem simple legislation could be passed by a state legislature to alleviate the issues with medical care and burial.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
I don't remember Jesus saying anything about homosexuality.

He never did - and judging from the parable of the Roman soldier's Pais (boyfriend) he healed in Matthew 8 and Luke 7, it's pretty clear he didn't consider it a big deal.

Still, that doesn't stop crazies from using Christianity to justify oppressing gays, any more than Muhammad's injunctions against murder stop Islamist nutcases from flying airplanes into buildings.

The world is full of fools who twist religion into an excuse to dominate others - but it's never about faith, it's about making yourself feel powerful by subjugating or killing people you don't like.

It's about making yourself feel morally superior, like the Pharisees.

Jesus wasn't the one casting stones - unlike many of today's "Christians"

[edit on 11/18/08 by xmotex]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Just so you know I am not a gay hating Christian. I would never do those things you are saying other "Christians" have done. It would totally be wrong for me to be that way. I feel sorry for anyone who has had to endure this kind of Christian bashing. Not right, not right!

Grandma

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

This is amazingly pathetic to the Third Degree. These "Gay Rights Activists" always Preach of Tolerance, and Acceptance, yet when an opposing view emanates itself within their presence, they turn into an angry mob of Hate-filled, Spiteful, Ignorant wanna'be Thugs. They are the ones who have not only bashed Christianity, but they have also stolen the many Symbols and Teachings brought forth through this Religion as well. They are the ones getting into peoples faces and demanding rights, demanding in their ability to openly flaunt their lifestyle, and demanding in their want of special privileges. They, of all people, should be the last grouping of individuals that forms a Violent Mob. Bottom line.

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

When someone takes away your right to marry, we can discuss their reaction.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
In my religion, which I just created, it says we all must cover our faces when in public, men and women can be married only when they are both the same age, children should not be conceived if one of the parents has red hair and women should always be submissive in the presence of men. Now shouldn't everyone in the world have to abide by my moral standards and if you don't shouldn't I have the right to have the government step in and stop you from infringing on by beliefs in your own home.

I'm being sarcastic of course, but I hope you can see my point. This country was based on freedom and liberty. Basically this means I have the right to reach my fist as far as your nose but no further. I will mind my business as long as you mind yours.

These christians like most feel obligated to tell people how to live, so no I don't feel sorry when they are being harrassed by a bunch of gay people.

If gays showed up at every church in this country just to hold hands in front of the congregation, how long to you think it would take before church members get angry and start yelling just like the gays in this vid.

Your moral standards are not my own, so please stop pretending you have the right to tell me and everyone else how to live.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I have POA for my mother and have had to use it (hated doing it too) for me as her son it was quite easy but I think that the issue becomes far more complicated if you are not blood related.

The pisser about this is that an unmarried couple who have a child together generally can make medical decisions for that child yet are unable to do the same for each other.

The other objection to a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage is this... to date amendments have been made to extend rights... do we really want to start making amendments to deny rights? And you know if we did it wouldn't stop there. To do so would set a terrible precedent.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
One may not agree with homosexual communities, but actively chanting to their faces may do more harm than good.

Christians are called to support and be a living example to those who are of a homosexual orientation. Something as personal as sexuality has probably never been 'cured' by being yelled at or even prayed to.

Maybe in a one-on-one situation where an individual has made the choice to rethink their life but not in a social situation with Christians entering a place that homosexuals call their home.

Here is what the Catholic Church has to say about how Christians are called to understand and support those who are homosexual:

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. They do not choose their homosexual condition; for most of them it is a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

The second paragraph may sound, to many, unreasonable. To follow this path should not be forced upon anyone of the homosexual orientation.

It should be their own choice, with the support of those who love them. For many homosexuals, denying what is natural may seem impossible, like a boy jumping from a rock over and over again hoping to fly. However, unlike the boy, change in this sense is possible. People are not 'cured' or 'redeemed' of their homosexuality like it is a curse. It is natural tendency of some individuals, but as seen through the eyes of many faiths, it is a disordered and wasteful act comparable to masturbation or oral sex.

Gays are not evil and persecution of gays is an abomination.

Bigotry can not be permitted in any form. It stems not from the religious institution itself but from perversions of that religious culture that stems from the tendencies of man to be cruel especially when in a social situation with like-minded people.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Bear in mind I'm not Christian and I have accuracy issues with the New Testament but I can state the following:

Pais does not mean boyfriend.

but it does mean:

a child, boy or girl
infants, children
servant, slave
an attendant, servant, spec. a king's attendant, minister

In the context of the story the person is a slave of the Centurion. The Centurion clearly cares about the person but there is no implication of sexual relationship.

[edit on 18/11/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
EVERYONE gets upset. I've seen Christians turn mob in several situations throughout history, well.. not personally. (anyone remember a lil place called Salem?) Does being gay mean they have no right to get upset? They have a lot to get upset over lately. One state telling them that no matter how much they love each other, they have no right to marriage. Another state telling them that no matter how much they love their adopted children, they're not allowed to be together. What's truly sickening is the ignorant trash that bashes gay people as being evil and against gods teachings. We use religion as another tool to separate ourselves from anyone who thinks differently than we do, and as a result, we find a reason to hate others. We use skin color, religion, and country of origin on a daily basis as a reason to hate. We're imperfect in every way whether we're black, white, straight, gay, christian or atheist. We're all human before we're labels. Homosexual activist mob is nothing more than upset people. Christian lynch mob would also just be upset people. So kindly put down the ropes and step away from the rainbow tribe folks.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by DemonicAngelZero]

[edit on 18-11-2008 by DemonicAngelZero]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dalek

ARe you a moron??? First off there is no separation of church and state and even if there was in the framers minds, it was unidirectional in that state had no business interfering in religion or making an establishment of religion. They also explicitly state that government shall make no law that infringes on the freedom to practice religion, yet when it comes to christianity, that is done all the time.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

I agree, its sort of fishy. Liberal media would normally not report anything that their gay friends do wrong. I guess they're just upset that the California voters shot down gay marriage. (Unlike the four judges on the Supreme Court that legalized it) Which is surprising, considering how liberal the state of California is.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

There is no proof that this boy was the boyfriend. Like I said....Jesus was God in the flesh and God made it VERY clear how He felt about homosexually. Just because Jesus didn't say anything about it doesn't mean anything. There is not record that Jesus spoke in tongues either, but his disciples did. Does that make it less important as a gift?

Grandma

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Could we pass an amendment to the United States Constitution that forbids the public expression of religion. It would be an amendment that took away rights but it was passed so no more churches, praying in public. You have to do it in your home in private.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is great!!!!!!!! Perhaps the Christians will finally start realize what it is like to be attacked, beaten, and killed for just being who they are. Enough violence and hate has come from the Christian's that perhaps it is Gods plan that they feel the same suffering they have long inflicted on others. After all doesn't the bible teach an eye for and eye and tooth for a tooth!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DemonicAngelZero

But Christians are seperated from the group if it goes against what the bible says. Jesus said. "If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes to his Father's glory with the holy angels." "What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?

Jesus made it our right!

Grandma

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join