It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to Invest in Now if Have Paper Money in Banks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone has insight as to how to invest money in these times other than CDS, ect. Like gold, silver, what?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Gold, while its still down.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I would invest in a small ranch,thats what I am going to do,while money is still worth something,if things get bad what do you think people will want? gold or perhaps silver? not likely can't feed your family golden nuggets,be self sufficent

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
CDs are the last thing I would put my money in. Right up there with T-Bills.

People cant eat gold and silver, but they have been a standard to protect wealth forever, cant see that changing.

As someone else mentioned, real estate. With the markets the way they are, could score some good deals if you have enough cash lying around.

Also something to look at are semi-auto firearms, ammunition and magazines. If Obama taxes them through the roof or pushes for bans, the stuff on the market now will significantly increase in value.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Land with a water source in it.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Obama T shirts!

Sorry couldn't resist
Are you looking for long term or short term investments?
You haven't mentioned any amount, even roughly.

If you were interested in metals, how about copper, platinum or titanium?

Real estate, you maybe able to buy an inner city block of foreclosures, rent out the properties short term, then sell the whole block for redevelopment e.g. office block, parking lot.

As someone else suggested a small ranch.

Invest in spare parts companies as people fix things instead of replacing.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm loking to move 250,000 I have invested in tissue paper.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
tradeable goods..

i'm investing in cartons of cigarettes, cases of fifths of JackDaniels,
and other trade/barter items, ammo, seeds, etc.

if i don't need to trade them, i can have a 'relief from depression' party,

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaneFonda
Gold, while its still down.

DON'T BUY GOLD!!! If you think it's down now, just wait and see. Within 1 year, Gold will be down to $450/ounce.

Commodities are the next bubble that is going to burst, just like the mortgage bubble, the financial bubble we're just leaving now. Commodities are the next and final bubble. And Gold is going to be the first one to go, followed by oil.

I can't tell you what you SHOULD buy other than ammunition and food... maybe cigarettes in airtight, watertight containers (humidors?) if you know a lot of smokers? Or alcohol. Prices are bound to go up then you can sell them back in a couple of years. Both of those things keep on selling quite well in a depression.

[edit on 11/17/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Obviously depends on your time frame, skills, location and what you want out of the investment, and more importantly your life...

Education and information may pay more dividends than any gold, ammo's etc in the times to come if you truly believe things are going south and in which way they are going south.

Knowing how to find and having the equipment to find fresh water, food and such like is worth more than any investment if you believe that society will really collapse..

Hey for that sort of money you can buy a good life of fun and parties in parts of the world or a totally self sufficient farm or even valley... will get a lot for your mullah like that in Nepal etc....

A good workshop and learning how to fix mechanical items, with a alternative form of fuel production such as a waste tank underground that produces useable fuel etc will last a lifetime...

A bore hole with free energy from the Earths heat deep down, windmill, mill with wheel on good clean river...

All depends on your expectations, beliefs and time frames.

You can though unplug from the Grid of power utilities and water for that sort of mullah, and also pay to learn how to really really know the land and food for that.

hey if your that worried about stuff invest in life enjoyment and fun as you could be dead before any "collapse" anyhow by being struck by lightning or a heart attack tommorrow.

Would be one hell of a beach party in Thailand or Mexico... or a good boat and just drift as your pleasure takes you

Invest in fun and life my friend with education and knowledge and information... though that's just my opinion.

Elf.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Okay, all moneys, investments, and banking are completely undesirable. In fact, the reason we're in this mess is because of our own greed encouraged by the greed of the Central Bankers.

There are a couple things you should consider:

The Southern Hemisphere does not get the fall-out from the Neutron-bombs that are going to be set off in the major cities in the Norther Hemisphere. Bush just bought several thousand acres in Paraguay, for instance.

Gold, Silver, and Copper - as well as any other precious metals or gems - will always be a good investment, as any government will buy them and most people will trade for them to your profit.

So, also, food is always a money-maker, which is why the current system is designed to keep farmers poor and in debt. But, when the chips are in, it's best to be able to sustain your life and the life of those you care about. Being able to sell these food goods (even as "all-natural") will be a big profit, always, especially as the demand for food goes up with the population growth.

Having a skill that is both marketable and trade-able is useful, as well. People will trade services in times of need. (i.e. "You dig me a well, and I'll fix your car.")

So, having a very thorough understanding of what it means to be human, and our social need (not desire) will get your head in the game that so many of us ATSers have been playing for so long.

I'm not happy to say that these conspiracies are accurate and meaningful, because we're now seeing the "end-game" being played, and it's quite terrifying to think that some banker, somewhere, can decide to light up a Neutron bomb, wipe out a city, and then invest in the company who rebuilds it, at the expense of innocent lives. Don't believe me? (Nagasaki, Hiroshima)

So, if the war on terror is legitimate, I think we need to dismantle those terrorists at the top first, and watch the rest of the pyramid crumble. A fair and equal democracy has no room for terrorist central bankers or their criminal churches and mafia thugs.

Invest in yourself, your fellow man, and securing your freedom. All other investments are really invalid, at this point in History.

BTW, no investment is worth anything, unless you can protect it against the looters, who will be coming out of the wood-work when the masses realize the truth about Nemesis/Nibiru.

in Liberty,
Rok

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I might invest in water, everyone needs water. I have a guy who said he would give me deal on instant water, have check and see if I still have his number.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
roknhrcor

Yes don't look good, when hits fan were all in trouble. The government is not doing anything to prevent this, I like others think the ones on top want it to happen. Then they will have complete control, and was told they have to do us first because if they do us the rest of the world will be easy. This is last stand for freedom in world.

Where is Davy Crocket and Jim Bowie, JIm Bowie

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm investing in Rabbits, Chickens, Pygmy Goats, Rich People dogs and a garden. Older RVs and mobile homes are also on my list.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Chinese bonds are safe, they don't need many.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
I might invest in water, everyone needs water. I have a guy who said he would give me deal on instant water, have check and see if I still have his number.

This is going straight to the Graveyard thread thank you

Here

Does it come freeze dried in a little paper packet and just add water?

classic thank you, laughing much.

Elf

[edit on 17-11-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

Hardly... golds going to 2000 wait and see

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Wind and solar power will be the largest growing technology.

With wind and solar you will be in a position to grow along with the Obama energy plan to cut green house gases.
redgreenandblue.org...
www.bloggernews.net...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
CD are NOT an investment. There are simply a way to earn a tiny bit of interest while you store money you are not using.

If you want to keep your invest in the US (assuming you are IN the US), invest in "stay home" stocks. If you have stock in the movie industry, consider moving it to the DVD industry. If you have stock in restaurants, consider moving that money to stocks in companies that make flour, sugar, and spices.

Buy stocks in companies that make board games like Parker Brothers. Anyway, you get the idea.

But understand the stock market is doing a slow bleed. The DOW just closed under 8000 for the first time in awhile and, on a weekly basis, shows signs of dropping even lower.

Whatever you do, do not put new money in the market right now. Look at what you have on your portfolio and move that money to something safer.

If your not in the market at all, stay out because the bleeding has not bottomed out yet.

Invest in LAND. Then lease the land to a farmer. You make afew bucks and get a tax break on it (get an accountant and a tax attorney).

Want to invest outside the US? The Iraqi stock market is doing decent. *IF* you can figure out how to get in and *IF* you don't get ripped off by an Iraqi scammer.

If you can work out those two details, invest in anything to do with construction, invest in anything to do with cellular technologies, and the easy one; anything to do with oil.

You might also want to invest in the Iraqi Dinar. While some are saying Iraq's currency is going to revalue at $3.86-$5.86, a revalue to just $0.01 would be a GREAT return right now.

There are some junk currencies out there to if you are serious about taking a chance. The Iranian Rial (spelling?) can only go up however, I would wait to see what Israel is going to do about Iran's nuclear situation. Once that crisis is resolved, this will probably be the next currency, behind the Iraqi Dinar, to revalue. Note; the Kuwaiti Dinar is the most expensive currency on the planet. Check it out for yourself. No other currency beats it.

Somalia is another junk currency but in all honestly, that could be a 25-50 year wait on your return. Your much better off with land. Any land you buy today in the US will be worth more in 25-50 years by default.

The investment world is a tough one at the moment. One thing to keep in mind; the value of homes is dropping but the value of LAND is not.

If you have the time to wait, land is a great investment?

Looking for a quick return? Try Vegas if you know how to play cards. It's no different then the DOW right now. (Unless your a professional AND SUCCESSFUL gambler, I am NOT serious about Vegas.)

You may want to shop penny stocks to. If you lose, you don't lose a fortune. If you win, you get a decent return.

And "green" stocks look good to.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
"Little Lisa's Pattented Slurry" it is good for what ails ya!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join