It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to Invest in Now if Have Paper Money in Banks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Invest your money in the Australian Dollar.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Personally I would "invest" in tools, weapons, food/water supplies and the knowledge of recreating those things. Precious metals are all well and good but what happens if you suddenly find yourself back to a ancient bartering system:

"I will trade you this block of Gold for this collection of farming tools"

"I don't want or need that Gold, I am looking for a supply of Flint, Iron or some more seeds, sorry no deal"

Precious metals are only valuable if other people can make use of it, you might find that if things regress far enough copper and iron might overtake gold in the list of "worthwhile" items. While the value of precious metals will change and vary over time (perhaps to the point were people wont take it) the requirement of needing tools, food and knowledge will remain fairly constant.

But if you don't expect things to fall that far back then invest in a precious metal that as as many viable uses or can be used for important things over than as currency so that you are likely to retain potential trading situations.

The only "precious metal" I would keep an eye on is Aluminum, its not always been as commonly available as it is now.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Marshall Ormus]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
reply to post by googolplex

Invest your money in the Australian Dollar.

Seriously, do you mind if I ask why? Not sacasm or a joke, actually curious.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

Is ok. The Australian stockmarket is in a strong position. With all the other countries around the world, Australia has not fallen as badly, since China is Australia's major trading partner. And comparing the fact that Australia stayed strong through America's stockmarket collapse. I hope that helps.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

Good piece of advice. But I have a better one. Your ranch will be robbed within the 1st year of sitx. What you shall really need is a system of well hidden and easily protected places, food storages and water stations. For those who think the same right thing it is not a bad idea to invest to a water drilling and filtering business.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
the Friday & Saturday following Thanksgiving
(this Nov 28th, 29th)

the State of South Carolina is having a Tax Free Holiday on firearms, including handguns, rifles, shotguns.....

but from what i understand, Wal-Mart is not a place to go for firearms

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If there is an economic crash, which would be a world wide instance, what makes any of you think your money would be worth anything?

If you want to invest in something, invest in survival gear and information. The knowledge alone will be worth far more than any amount of money, paper or precious metals.

Think about it.

Cheers!!!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

The economy will still live. Money could become different. What will also change is the way of investment protection. You could only "own" what you can really protect. What will give you idea of a nice group of similar minded people you have to keep organised BEFORE the shLt happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join