It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin thought Africa Was A Country - Confirmed HOAX

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Follow Link for full story (NYT) External source

And the claim of credit for the Africa anecdote is just the latest ruse by Eisenstadt, who turns out to be a very elaborate hoax that has been going on for months. MSNBC, which quickly corrected the mistake, has plenty of company in being taken in by an Eisenstadt hoax, including The New Republic and The Los Angeles Times.

A ruse that's been going on for a year or more with other stories that the 24/7 MSM were suckered into. Appalling manifestation of the way things work at the moment and maybe cause to lay off (slightly) Governor Palin. Fox News, MSNBC, Los Angeles Times, etc. etc. have all been involced so poor journalism isn't partisan.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I think the question at this point is.....who the hell cares.Shes not gonna be the VP.Her team lost now let her go away in peace.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

Yet people still trust blogs. They still link to stories whose original link was a blog that has no sources or validity.

This passes for "okay" on this board to many. Apprently it passes for "okay" to our news media also. Lame.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

The sad thing is given the fact that she didn't even know what the VP job she was running for did or did not do and couldn't even cite what news magazines and papers she reads to keep informed... not to mention her sloppy use of the English language... the hoax was very easy to believe.

In short her actual ignorance made the lie more credible.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by grover]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Funny how you don't hold reporters and democrats to the same standards.

Give me a break!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Well the guy that brought all of this to light, I forget his name the one on Fox News. Said explicitly that this guy was not who told him all this stuff, and it was more than one source. Take that as you will, possibly saving his own ass. But I sure as hell hope she didn't think Africa is a country, especially because she's poised to be the new face and national leader of the R party.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

Fox News ran the same story. A McCain insider was the source the one who spread it. Yeah, evil democrats...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tricky63
I think the question at this point is.....who the hell cares.Shes not gonna be the VP.Her team lost now let her go away in peace.

Than why are all the MSM media outlets carrying the story non-stop? Why is it that the media seeks to perpetuate rumors about Republicans, but does its best to cover up and deflect rumors about democrats?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius

Originally posted by Tricky63

Than why are all the MSM media outlets carrying the story non-stop? Why is it that the media seeks to perpetuate rumors about Republicans, but does its best to cover up and deflect rumors about democrats?

Ding ding ding. They could run stories 24/7 on Joe Biden gaffes but they give him a pass on everything.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Probably for the same reason they played the "Obama pals with terrorist" story non-stop:

Ratings!!!!!!

People listen to it, watch it, and pass the message on. Why wouldn't they report stories like this when it gets them more viewers.

reply to post by jjkenobi

People don't care about Biden. Biden is in Obama's shadow. The public wants dirt on two people:

Obama and Palin.

You guys want it, the media provides it.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

It wasn't a rumor. It was a top senior McCain Campaign Aide coming out and telling this story. Fox News ran with it and every one followed them. People figured hey, if Fox News says a McCain Aide said it then it must be true. So, is McCain and Fox News evil liberal democrats?

[edit on 13-11-2008 by GamerGal]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

It wasn't a rumor. It was a top senior McCain Campaign Aide coming out and telling this story. Fox News ran with it and every one followed them. People figured hey, if Fox News says a McCain Aide said it then it must be true. So, is McCain and Fox News evil liberal democrats?

[edit on 13-11-2008 by GamerGal]

Wrong. At the time the story aired, the press cited "An anonymous McCain Campaign aide". What reputable news agency runs a story citing an "anonymous" source???

And then this supposed aide coming forth in a blog? I think that was posted to avoid the libel suit that was coming.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Wrong again! Former McCain aide, Martin Eisenstadt did it. www.eisenstadtgroup.com... And he even says he's proud of it! So again, Top McCain Aide says it, Fox News runs the story, and now you and your ilk are calling McCain and Fox News evil liberal democrats.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

The sad thing is given the fact that she didn't even know what the VP job she was running for did or did not do and couldn't even cite what news magazines and papers she reads to keep informed... not to mention her sloppy use of the English language... the hoax was very easy to believe.

In short her actual ignorance made the lie more credible.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by grover]

Okay, you know what? I'll put money that Sarah Palin knows a hell of a lot more about government than you do and ever will. What you know of her you have gathered from a few interviews with biased reporters and some stories from the media, some of which are now confirmed hoaxes.

Fact is, she is the governor of Alaska and has an 80%+ approval rating there. Clearly she knows something about something about civics and government and political science. Is she a Constitutional Lawyer like Obama? No. Is she a lawyer at all? No. Is she an eloquent speaker? Depends on who you ask. I think she's better at public speaking than George W Bush, Chuck Schumer and whole bunch of others currently in office.

One of our greatest, past presidents didn't even go to college - Harry Truman.

Maybe she isn't ready for the VP slot now, but in four years she might be. And like I said, she will always know a hell of a lot more about government than you or I will. So I'll thank you to cut her some slack.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Geeze, I can't believe people can still defend the MSM on things like this.

When this story was running (even after the election was over) it was fine for everyone to still talk about it and make fun of Sarah Palin. Now that it's a confirmed HOAX though, those same people are coming out here and saying that we should just leave Palin alone because she lost and it's over.

Make up your minds people!

People have no problem running along with a lie and defending the liars as long as it suits them.

A lie is a lie, and a hoax is a hoax.

The MSM should be destroyed and removed from the airwaves.

Don't defend this crap. I don't care what side of aisle your on.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
i did not vote in that direction. however, i did not believe the things i was hearing. i believe that there were a couple of other things right along the lines of the Africa thing, being said about her. and i did not think any were true.
it just seemed to me that the news peoples were running out of things to talk about. so they made up some stuff to keep the ratings up.
evil i tell you. evil.....

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Probably for the same reason they played the "Obama pals with terrorist" story non-stop:

Maybe Fox did, but they were the only ones. All the other networks were deflecting the idea that Obama was hanging around with terrorists. That is the difference between the type of coverage the MSM gives Republicans and democrats.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Maybe because the Palling Around with Terrorists came from the opponent? "X says Y eats babies!" Do you expect the MSM to run with it? While "Insider source who works for X says X's VP is an idiot." Which one seems more reliable? Especially when it turns out to be the Senior Top Head Chief Decider guy.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
1. Who cares?
2. FOX NEWS broke the story with their own reporter (who covered the McCain campaign galvanizing the truth behind the sentiment. He himself (1st hand experience) confirmed the rumors. The GOP platform (FOX NEWS) promoted the story.

3. Who cares?

AAC

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Absolutely untrue. CNN, MSNBC, and all of the "liberal" media talked incessantly about the "palling around with terrorist" incident.

It was everywhere... for weeks.

This google search of "palling around with terrorists" shows two hits from CNN and one from Fox News on the first page.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join