It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin thought Africa Was A Country - Confirmed HOAX

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by sos37

So, Obama is a thief and a murderer according to you because he's black? Wow... On topic, Fox News broke the story and every one followed them. Yet the followers are blamed, not the leader. Why?

You have a problem with Obama being black? What, you don't think a black man can do the same job, if not better, than a white man in the office of President? I didn't take you for being a racist, GG.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by djpaec
reply to post by Supercertari

Well the guy that brought all of this to light, I forget his name the one on Fox News. Said explicitly that this guy was not who told him all this stuff, and it was more than one source. Take that as you will, possibly saving his own ass. But I sure as hell hope she didn't think Africa is a country, especially because she's poised to be the new face and national leader of the R party.

new leader of the R party? i think you have alot more savvy republicans then that. they are giving her 15 minutes of fame in the media spotlight and in 4 years she'll be a footnote or a very minor player. she's toast in any national republican position. there are very many bright professional politicians in the republican party and you can tell they are trying to slowly ease her out and have her disappear into the alaskan backwater

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Don't even begin to critique anyone else's credibility. You lost all of yours the day you accused Obama of a conspiracy to have his grandmother and campaign manager killed on election night.

You will never live that one down.

I love how this forum has thrived on Bush conspiracies for 8 years now, but everyone gets all hot and bothered when people bring up conspiracies involving the anointed one.

You all can dish it out, but you cant take it.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Sorry to butt in but....

ABC News has just came with a good rundown of the whole thing.

It covers who said what and when they said it, Eisenstadt being a fake, the events with Fox, MSNBC and the whole ball o' wax.

ABC News - Eisenstadt, Africa Comments, etc..

From what I can gather it went down like this..

1. Fox runs their "anymon source" says Palin thinks Africa a country story.

2. A couple of guys think, "Oooh..nice opening" - and they have their creation, Eisenstadt claim that he is the source and that he is high ranking in the McCain camp. (Neither point here is true. It would be like me saying I'm Batman. Its just something they made up.)

3. MSNBC thinks Eisenstadt is real and runs with it at as story.

4. MSNBC realizes what they have done and says "oopps - my bad".

5. Story hits the net and here we are on ATS talking about it.

As for the men behind the Eisenstadt scam and why they did it, they say..

Mirvish said that while the Eisenstadt character eventually turned into a way for him and Gorlin to bring light to the media's overuse of anonymous sourcing and punditry, the idea initially grew out of the partners' desire to write a television series.

It looks like they did a pretty good job.

Anyway, like lots of things in this thread so far I'm sure things will still be spun 6 ways to Sunday. However, it looks like Fox opened the door with their "anom source" story. The con guys said they were the source. MSNBC didn't check their story and ran with it - only to have to say "oops" later. Neither MSNBC or Fox is totally blameless.

The only real winners are the guys that made up Eisenstadt as they proved their point. The media is apt to run with any 1/2 baked story they happen across without doing much (if any) verification on it.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Frogs]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

I am getting sick and tired of all this Obamamessiah, Anointed One crap...

I only ever see this from the anti-Obama camp! ATS gets it. Funny.

Christ...give it up already people

I didn't vote Obama. I am not a Democrat. I am someone looking from the outside seeing some serious projection...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius

I love how this forum has thrived on Bush conspiracies for 8 years now, but everyone gets all hot and bothered when people bring up conspiracies involving the anointed one.

You all can dish it out, but you cant take it.

Yeah, there is so much the same here. All the Bush conspiricies are right on par with Obama killed his TERMINALLY ILL grandmother and faked his birth certificate. Come back to me when you have one that involves billions of dollars, a war, or 3000 dead Americans.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join