It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin thought Africa Was A Country - Confirmed HOAX

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by djpaec

That's all well and good but still doesn't have much to do with accusing the OP of having a misleading thread title. My two cents.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ok and where in the Article does it say, all of the Palin Rumors came from here? If you read the whole article to the end, some guy has been debunking them, and for a long time.

They never took credit for being the Senior Campaign Advisor Anonymous Campaign sources that all the reporters had been working on.

Don't you think RedState.com with there Operation Leper. Would have called it all off if it was a hoax and not true.

Hmm they seem to be trying to seek out any and every anonymous source that said bad things about there dear Sarah.
www.redstate.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by djpaec
Ok and where in the Article does it say, all of the Palin Rumors came from here?

But this thread is not about all of the Palin rumors. Sorry. The OP was focusing on the 'Africa is a country' matter. You seem to be wanting to take this thread off topic for some reason and discuss all of her gaffes. Have at it- I'm not trying to stop you from talking about whatever goofy things she has said or done. I simply didn't think it was fair to accuse the OP of having a misleading title. No biggie but this was a focused thread on a specific incident- not a general discussion/debunking of all of Palin's goofs. Feel free to widen the scope but the thread title is appropriate for the focus of discussion.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The hoax was limited to the identity of the source in the story about Palin _ not the Fox News story itself. While Palin has denied that she mistook Africa for a country, the veracity of that report was not put in question by the revelation that Eisenstadt is a phony.

Damn liberals how could we believe them!!! George Soros backed... ooo wait fox news?[End Sarcasm]

I stick to what I said, this thread title is misleading. And I only brought up the VP thing because even a cursory read of the constitution could tell you what power the VP has, no matter what Dick Chenney has pulled.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by djpaec

Ah, yes. I was confused about that. I thought that the story was trying to convey that message, but people on this board gave a different impression.

This is why people need to use the title of the article, instead of posting up a flashy one in hopes of getting undeserved posts.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
www.abovetopsecret.com... Once again, the guy was a top McCain Aide, and not anon. Get over it. FOX NEWS is not liberal, nor is McCain. Also, Rashid was funded by McCain before Obama met him, one reason not to bring it up. And Ayers worked closely with the GOP on the charity board and worked with RR's close personal friend. Another reason not to bring it up. The whole not casting a stone if you sinned, even more when you sinned first.

Quoting "a top McCain Aide" is the same as quoting an "anonymous source" because there is no clear proper name to reference from.

Also, you were proven wrong about McCain funding Khalidi in that thread you started by a forum moderator and another even told you that you didn't know how to listen to facts - both in the very same thread.

As for Ayers, there's a WHOLE lot more evidence with him and Obama than him and the GOP or RR.

You get over it. You're wrong. You just can't bring yourself to admit it.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Don't even begin to critique anyone else's credibility. You lost all of yours the day you accused Obama of a conspiracy to have his grandmother and campaign manager killed on election night.

You will never live that one down.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
[edit on 13-11-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I noted in my OP the whole MSM, FOX included which I also include in the definition of MSM, was caught up by this hoax. Reading the article in the times that I included as the source shows other examples of the media being caught up in hoax gossip stories from this same source on other ocassions throughout the year.

My critique is not of the democratic party, neither am I absolving Palin of accusations of stupidity I am pointing out that the 24/7 news cycle MSM are leaving themselves open to this kind of hoaxing. The "Palin thinks Africa is a country" story is one that has stirred a lot of discussion in the last week - after the campaign - she didn't say it, it was a hoax - "deny ignorance" as this site proclaims. Surely truth isn't a buffet where we reject some facts because they are on the wrong coloured plate?

"Palin thought Africa Was A Country - Confirmed HOAX" is entirely accurate. You seem to be reading it as "Palin Isn't Stupid - It's All A Lie" in which case you are misleading yourself as to the title, OP and purpose of this thread.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I knew it was too over the top to be true.

When it first came out and people were jumping on all over it on this website and elsewhere I called it.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davion

The hoax was limited to the identity of the source in the story about Palin _ not the Fox News story itself. While Palin has denied that she mistook Africa for a country, the veracity of that report was not put in question by the revelation that Eisenstadt is a phony.

So from that quote you get the that your headline is valid? So the story you posted, that Eisenstadt was a phony, means the Africa story isn't true? Where in your link does it say that? Cause in my link it says "Eisenstadt" has nothing to do with the Carl Cameron story, or the newsweek story, or any of the other reporters.

And no don't worry I don't need this to think Palin is ignorant. I just had to watch her speach at the GOP's Governors convetion. She brings up Joe the Plumber, 3 or 4 times, and one person clapped. Then brought back Tito the Builder. She thanked god for giving us George Bush, then 10 minutes later railed against those republicans that went to Washington and 'lost there way'. Then she calls for Bi-Partisanship with Obama, and a few minutes later brings up the whole Obama voted present so many times at the Illinois state senate.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tricky63
I think the question at this point is.....who the hell cares.Shes not gonna be the VP.Her team lost now let her go away in peace.

What makes anyone think she is going away peacefully? Have you not seen her interview of the day where she explains in her own special way how she is going to save the party?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I pretty much expected this was a load of BS to begin with (Palin thinking Africa was a country).

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

I don't know, did you see her speach at the Republican Governors convention in Miami. Too bad she won't be Senator Palin, and she's giving more than one 'exclusive' interview a day, media will get tired of her soon sadly.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Okay OP.

I realize this was a really non descript title from nytimes.com
But the rules are the rules:

A Senior Fellow at the Institute of Nonexistence

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by djpaec
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

I don't know, did you see her speach at the Republican Governors convention in Miami. Too bad she won't be Senator Palin, and she's giving more than one 'exclusive' interview a day, media will get tired of her soon sadly.

Yes, and? I am not sure what you are saying? She READ a nice little speech that contradicted itself several times and told us flat out she is going NOWHERE.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Once again, LIBERAL MEDIA LIKE FOX NEWS??!!?!?!?? They were the ones who broke the story and every one else followed. So blame Fox News, not Obama because he's black, not MSNBC because of REPUBLICAN REPRESENTITVE JOE SCARBOROUGH only has a 3 hour show and Olbermann has a one hour show, not ATS, but Fox News.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

/Agree.

If we don't have to follow the title rule anymore, I have some really good ideas on how I can have fun with that.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
reply to post by sos37

Don't even begin to critique anyone else's credibility. You lost all of yours the day you accused Obama of a conspiracy to have his grandmother and campaign manager killed on election night.

You will never live that one down.

Hey, I am neither SORRY nor APOLOGETIC of that thread. And also, I don't believe I leveled an accusation, I said I believed he was capable of offing a family member (other than his children) if he saw them as a threat to his political career. So live it down? I will SHOUT IT to as many people as will hear me.

I stand by that belief then and now.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

So, Obama is a thief and a murderer according to you because he's black? Wow... On topic, Fox News broke the story and every one followed them. Yet the followers are blamed, not the leader. Why?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join