It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Annoying

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
well don't hold us in suspense, tell what happens after you pull his finger.

no iguess the your problem isn't a big deal. it's just annoying, just like the thread title says. it does make you look kind of dumb when it happens though, to me anyway. it really discredits whatever you're saying. i certainly don't have perfect grammar and i'm not planning on trying to. call it a hangup, i dunno.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

Hey mozzy,

Hope you didn’t take my first reply seriously… I was just trying to post something different. Grammar mistakes don't really bother me much unless it’s just done out of laziness. I've read posts from people I know are highly educated and intelligent, but the thing was so full of mistakes that even I noticed... and if I notice, it's bad. My grammar is terrible!

Just in case are you serious about the “pulling the finger” I couldn’t resist answering. ((I hope Wally doesn’t mind.))
The old pull your finger trick is usually followed by a vulgar rumbling sound (humorous to those under 13) erupting from the top half of the legs and just below the tail bone, releasing a rather foul stench into the air.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
For the love of Pete, you read my mind!

Along with the OP, my other pet peeves are the misuse of "there" and "their" and "they're" (there gonna take me to they're spaceship and bring me somewhere over their)

Dancin' nanner, just for fun....
PBJ time, people! Put on you're dancin' shoes and get out their! heh heh heh heh....

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
how aobut tihs tehn, if you can raed tihs praprgaah tehn it deonst ralley mttear wehre the lerttes are as lnog as the lsat and frist are in the rghit plcae.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
lol nah i wasn't serious about the pullin finger trick. just wanted to re rail the thread.

this thread gives me a chuckle every time i come to it. i guess it's cause my mom was an english teacher back when america spoke english.

had to try some of those faces.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

Your kidding me, how long's this been going on lol

You know something I think you're right

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
even if they change the dictionary it'll never be removed from my harddrive.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy it's annoying because you're trying to say something but what you're saying doesn't make any sense. and it's worse when the person saying it has no idea it's wrong and doesn't want to know the right word.

but maybe my teacher did do somehting like that. i remember not paying attentino the day my 2nd grade teacher was telling us the parts of speech.

Seriously? I have seen people ACTUALLY say things more worth while, whilst making mistakes (or fatal english errors .. call it what you will), than what is said in this post.

I will notice errors such as spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. and I have occasionally let an error go after posting (generally, I am a stickler for getting it just right); but I'll be damned if I am going to believe that a post *can't* make sense just because someone uses "your" rather than "you're." Dude, that says more about YOUR intelligence level and/or just plain retardness than it does about theirs.

Find something more important to direct that anger toward.

By the way, my personal pet peeve (though I wouldn't think myself so important that anyone would care) is the "there/their" mix up; but considering there are other things going on in my life, I generally forget about it the second I think about it.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by justamomma]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join