It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Annoying

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Does anyone else think it's annoying to see "you're" type as "your" over and over again? Is this some kind of conspiracy or just laziness?

for the record

you're = you are

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Bwa ha ha ha ha!

I was going to pop in and call you ignorant for spelling it that way!

I guess that answers that from me, eh?

You're right!
It is annoying.

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Did you not get the message,appostrophies are now an endangered species. Perservation order has been put out on them,people are now going to have to write full words down and everything.

These people may annoy you with their blatent disreguard to language and punctuation,but they are doing good man,they are doing good.

(it was really hard not to use one in that post aswell)

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
In our new world of text speak... the poor apostrophe will be missing more and more.
At least I can decipher that "your" means "you're".
Trying to read some text speak is like trying to decode a personalized license plate.
First apostrophe's, then vowels...we'll be back to using "Grunts" in another hundred years time.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
LOL! Same as Cuhail. I rolled my eyes when I saw the title of your thread then laughed once I clicked on it. Yes, it is annoying. But...

Many times it's an accident when typing. It happens all the time with your/you're, their/there/they're, were/we're/where, etc. Even when you know very well the difference between all of them, it still happens. It probably stems from the fact you're typing fast and typing out the word as you are saying it in your head. At least I hope so. It's at least nice to give people the benefit of the doubt that they know better and just didn't catch the typo.

That's my personal opinion on the matter and the cause when I do it. IM is the only place I purposely forgo apostrophes but typos on here do happen.

Cute rant.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

i imagine they'll just change the dictionary after a few years. getting older just keeps gettin better and better.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I suppose that spaces after commas are now an endangered species too.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

Its to easy too aktually use you're noggin; I cant beleive how your attaking people's use this outdated "'" thing. All of us ATS-ER'S' hear axe, if you cant say soething nice, dont say something at all, get it???

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It's the see, saw, seen misuse that ruffles my fur.

I have to restrain myself when I hear someone say, "I seen it yesterday".

I have sometimes blurted out,"You didn't seen anything, you saw it".

A person immediately seems like an uneducated buffon when making the see, saw, seen error. :bash:

[edit on 12-11-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Or try y'all instead of you[']re not so annoying. That's less annoying, eh? Never mind: UR smarter than me. Get it?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's annoying to me 'cause it bothers me when I make typos.
I'll type colloquial 'cause I like on occasion, but I do try to get the spelling right.
I consider myself a lazy person, and if someone else doesn't try to get their spelling correct, well... It seems unusually lazy.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
spelling doesn't bother me that much on the whole. it's just something about people saying your that ticks me off. it's like you want to grab their face and tell them that retardation is an incurable disease!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Seriously dude, what’s yur problem?

Your just being a bit nitpicky, don’t you think? Or is it persnickety? Perhaps you’re venting about the improper use of the word because of something that happened in your past. Perhaps you’re fourth grade teacher reprimanded you in front of the whole class over the improper use of the word, and your still angry.

Let it go.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'll admit..

I was pissed just from reading the title. The seen/saw mix-up makes me angry, too. I correct my friends all the time, and then they get mad but I don't care.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
it's annoying because you're trying to say something but what you're saying doesn't make any sense. and it's worse when the person saying it has no idea it's wrong and doesn't want to know the right word.

but maybe my teacher did do somehting like that. i remember not paying attentino the day my 2nd grade teacher was telling us the parts of speech.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i suppose for it is just laziness...i never really paid any attention to it...not to anyone else that does it....it doesnt bother me...its really no big deal is it?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Its post english.

Like, apostrophes no longer show possessive or contraction. Now, they only show plural's.

Any time you need to add an s to make a plural, expecially after two vowel's, or with a proper name, or when you refer to objects that are someone eltses, you need to add an apostrophe to hold the s's.

Golfers balance their balls on tee's.

Who shot the Kennedy's?

Supposebly, they are his notebook's.

It think that, eventually, the apostrophe will become permanently attached to the s; sort of like an umlaut or an s-tsett in renaissance German. Well, that's post-literate English for you.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

*gruntz gurrglez and goes yarrgle*

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
oh blah blah...im happishness your annoying..an i 'ave more to say on this wen i feal beta about hereing you ought...im a wordsmithianisity type..

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
You want to hear about annoying!?!?! I always got annoyed when my father tried to get me to pull his finger. And everyone else always ran for cover because they knew what was coming up, even though I never would pull his finger.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join