It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyrranosaurus Rex Cloning

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Was wondering, will people try to clone T. Rex? I found this article on Live Science awhile back and was wondering about the possibilities. now they're talking about having the ability to clone a Wooly Mammoth.

Sounds likely that the possibility to clone the Dinosaur has merit - although I for one would think it foolish to bring that beast back amongst us. But who knows what some well funded scientific whacko might privately accomplish.

Your thoughts...

[edit on 11-11-2008 by DarkspARCS]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Ill say two things:

1) Jurassic Park 2.
2) San Diego.

[edit on 11/11/2008 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If there is truth to what some theorize: That the Dinosaurs reached the size they did due to a difference in Gravity

The cloned T Rex wouldn't be quite the rampage depicted

Rather it would reach adulthood and be unable to support it's own head,

The attraction could well be, a Crippled T rex being bottle fed cow guts through a giant bottle into it's cage for 6 months until it died...

Possibly quite a cruel thing to do...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to bring back this vicious beast?? I say no to the TREX movement, if it ever gains momentum.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Actually I would think that the muscle and bone structure of the T-Rex would adapt to the current gravitational conditions. For example: It wouldn't grow as tall or it would add muscle mass to certain regions in order to withstand higher gravity.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I was watching a show about that, they said that from a chicken they could backtrack evolution and find the DNA for some dinosaurs.

Chickens have boney tails when their embryo's, and teeth too.
Alot like our prehistoric friends.

It could be done.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
They would be the ultimate military weapon. Cheap to produce and feed them, science has already implanted the brains of mice and other animals with devices that allow them to control the creature. Imagine a pack of ten heavily armored genetically modified(presumably more lethal than the original)t-rex with a wireless brain control device. Then imagine 100 or 1000 of them, thats some terrifying weaponry right there.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Never heard about a difference in gravity??? It was a higher oxygen level in the atmosphere that caused them to grow larger.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

Excuse me... did you have to mention that...

While Cheney is still hovering around the White House?

You know what you just caused right?

No way Obamas going to dig this out from under all the things Bush got passed before Darpa finishes the project now

Nice going!

Martial law plus T-Rex's Thanks bro

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

Just for the record, don't ever post your address in here... because i'll be running for your lawn with a big dang Ham in my hands when some cop is chasing me down on one of those things...

Totally joking bro... but it conjures some really funny images in my mind

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
But then think of it, everything has to have a balance ya? So after the military developed there beast, the public resistance would have developed there own to be able to counter the t rex. And then we would all be riding them into battle shooting lazers at each other.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

Well, okay

A Brontosaurus covered in metal Garbage can lids for armor...

It would make a heck of a Sit X Ride...

So, I retract my opposition

(wondering for just a moment... if this is how we made the dinosaurs extinct in the first place and the whole meteor thing was a lie)

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
They would be the ultimate military weapon. Cheap to produce and feed them, science has already implanted the brains of mice and other animals with devices that allow them to control the creature. Imagine a pack of ten heavily armored genetically modified(presumably more lethal than the original)t-rex with a wireless brain control device. Then imagine 100 or 1000 of them, thats some terrifying weaponry right there.

There ya go! 1000 T. Rex troop mounted beasts (like the storm troopers in Star Wars) each with a side mounted pair of fully automatic Uzi 20 Gage rifles, and an HK Mark 19 automatic grenade launcher shot from the saddle!

YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA !! *splat*

It's interesting to note what you stated mopusvindictus:

If there is truth to what some theorize: That the Dinosaurs reached the size they did due to a difference in Gravity

The cloned T Rex wouldn't be quite the rampage depicted

The decrease in oxygen too would seriously depleate the size of such a beast, but I can effectively see a fully functioning T. Rex, possibly the size of Veloci Raptor, getting cloned out of the deal. Perhaps it would be more interesting perhaps to clone the T. Rex out of a Komodo Dragon, instead of a chicken, just to see what ya get in the outcome. =)

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

HAHAHAHAHA!!

That reminds me of the cartoon Dino Riders that I used to watch as a child.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Sahabi]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
yeah - all those "reptilians" out there would then have a weapon of choice to use - to hell with that silly mammal the horse!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
HAHA i can just imagine them opening the big steal blast doors to reveal the beast for the first time...and its the size of a house cat and covered in feathers.

I also theorize that all dinosaurs were brought/created by the nephilm, they were then for the most part eliminated by an attacking force.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Retikx]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
HAHA i can just imagine them opening the big steal blast doors to reveal the beast for the first time...and its the size of a house cat and covered in feathers.

yeah, but they had it behind blast doors for a reason, as that little beast jumps into the crowd of spectators and starts munching!

got fleas? we got the answer!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I have to agree with this. If you consider man - if he spends too long in space he loses bone and muscle mass and has to regain this when back on earth. If gravity was different their bone mass would not have been as dense as would be expected.

However, if they did "clone" a T-Rex i believe it would adapt as it wouldn't be a sudden adjustment - it would grow in this gravity. I believe there was a study once that basically they were scavengers not unlike a vulture!! But again, there is sufficient evidence to the contrary.

SO lets say we hope they don't do this. Why do people mess with nature!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
And then...

What they would do is combine a couple of other animals with the T-Rex to create the ultimate beast that, on the battle field, lays eggs, gives milk and sleeps in your bed at night. THEN, they would figure out how to make it glow in the dark and then clone it to make a new "dolly".

Then, from a distance the pair of glowing supermarkets would look like search lights and then they would get another idea and it wouldn't end there...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
If it came out the size of a horse for example...

It might actually be kind of cool

Team Mascots, exotic pets,

Great replacement in the hood for those pit bulls...

Lots of horrible news reports about attacks

Then you'd have the people who got a lovey dovey one and showed how compassionate it could really be...

Illegal T-Rex fights in Barns across the south

Kids falling into cages at the zoo on you tube

Some dude would get arrested for trying to have sex with one somewhere

Criminals caught disposing of bodies

ahhhhhhh

Maybe we shouldn't clone dinosaurs

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join