It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyrranosaurus Rex Cloning

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Or we could bring back the Megalodon and release them in surfer hotspots...www.tellmewhereonearth.com... that should be interesting....

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Sorry guys, Can i just go back to the "Lower Gravity" part of this thread as i havn't heard of this theory before.....Any links ?

However i did hear once about a theory someone had that at one point in time all the continents were joined together ! And he made a map showing how the continents were shaped like parts of a jigsaw puzzle that fitted together.

Now the relevance of that is if the continents were at one time joined, Then the outcome would have been of a planet much much smaller than present, Which would surely have had less gravity.

Would that be correct ?

Although i think this theory was dismissed because it left no room for the water on the planet....Seas etc, If it were possible and happened at the same time as the large dinosaurs lived...Then they could be used to support each theory for a lower gravity.

Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Now the relevance of that is if the continents were at one time joined, Then the outcome would have been of a planet much much smaller than present, Which would surely have had less gravity.

Would that be correct ?

No mate I dont think it is correct, the size of the planet has not changed...the continents sit as moving plates and move about on their own, just on the surface of the earth. They are still moving now as it goes

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings
I was watching a show about that, they said that from a chicken they could backtrack evolution and find the DNA for some dinosaurs.

Chickens have boney tails when their embryo's, and teeth too.
Alot like our prehistoric friends.

It could be done.

I saw this too.

Fascinating stuff.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Wow... they've now mapped the entire DNA structure of a Whooly Mammoth...

The article goes on to relate how folks are really starting to get excited on bringing it back...

I think that watching this event unfold will inevitably lead to the mapping of DNA and cloning of T. Rex.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by DarkspARCS]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a) I have my doubts that it would be able to survive in the current climate. The temperature, humidity, lighting conditions of the time it would have been alive would need to be recreated in a laboratory. No big deal really, but it would need some major adaptations to be able to roam around outside.

b) I think (If I were part of this DNA resurrection project) that I would find a way to alter the DNA first and make it smaller. This way it could be more closely observed, kept in a little lizard-type cage, and won't go around killing meat as much.

c) I think that before any of this happens, PETA is going to have a lot to say and will try to ruin our fun research. Because it's so MEAN to do this to animals and what if something happens? We'd have to KILL it!

d) I think that it also may be a slight problem because people would want to start using them as terrorism weapons. If they were altered in a way to both keep them huge and let them survive in our present climate, yeah. Every war leader out there is going to want a T Rex. It's like being four, people love T Rexs.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Biologist say it is currently not possible to bring dinosaurs back to life.

The main problem is recovering enough Dino DNA intact.
As we currently understand it Dinosaurs went extinct a long time ago, millions of years, and its not possible to recover their DNA

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sorry people but I am all for cloning dinosaurs and extinct species, call me crazy but imagine the rush it would be to see a live T-Rex!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
P.E.T.A. is a joke nothing more than domestic terrorists that need to be rounded up charged with terrorism and then rightfully executed!!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i heard scientists would never be able to clone a t-rex because the dna degrades after millions of years and is unusable....unless they found a frozen one which is very unlikely.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by the worn bootheel
i heard scientists would never be able to clone a t-rex because the dna degrades after millions of years and is unusable....unless they found a frozen one which is very unlikely.

Glad you stated that.

Guess what? They found a thighbone of a fully grown T-Rex that was not fossilized. After it was found, it was accidently broken. Inside, they found red blood cells, and at the time were quite confident they could get DNA from it.

So..... either dna lasts hundreds of millions of years, or they are wrong about how long ago at least ONE full grown T-Rex lived.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Here's a quick link

"Dinosaurs and the Expanding Earth"

LLink

A good sized book blurb from google that sums up the theory of Gravitation and Past Dinosaur Size very well

There are multiple theories of how it could happen

The Earth Having collided with an extremely small fragment of high density material like a pin head sized Black Hole, Earth Expansion, and even Galactic Variation of Gravity are out there, I like this theory a bit myself...

But one thing I am pretty sure of, by modern numbers Dinosaurs couldn't walk given weight and Bone density

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

it kinda makes you think about all the examples of dinosaur footprints found in the same strata as human footprints.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I'm sure it has already been done. People have been talking about cloning wooly mammoths for years.... I really don't doubt that it has been done, and either went incredibly wrong, or proved morally wrong and stopped by high up officials.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKINWALKER2K9
P.E.T.A. is a joke nothing more than domestic terrorists that need to be rounded up charged with terrorism and then rightfully executed!!!!!

?

Wow, you really scare me. Please go very far away.

Just because some people are radical doesn't give you the permission to kill everyone that has similar beliefs...

Hitler ringing any bells? How about the Catholic church back in Roman times?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
As fun as it would be to have a T-REX runnning about in the park, sadly it would never happen, there is no way that any usuable DNA would be found after all these millions of years, yes the DNA may be there, but it will have broken down too much to be of any use.

The Mammoth is possible as its only been thousands of years since their extinction.

The Dodo really needs to be brought back, I think I would probably wet myself laughing if i seen one.

As for the gravity / lack of oxygen extinction theorys, I, personally, think rubbish, it has been been proven that most life was wiped out in a short time.
Now that is most likely gonna be 1) a meteor / comet or 2) a super volcano, in either case the atmosphere would have been covered in dust, causing global temperature to plummet, plants die, plant eaters starve, plant eaters die, meat eaters starve and so on. Once all the big creatures are out of the way, evolution continues for the smaller critters, only this time the mammal, which could adapt more to the harsh conditions anyway, being the dominate species.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

Sorry I'm just skipping about 3 or 4 pages and replying with my own 2 cents. I watched a similar show on the History channel saying that, I also saw one talking about the reasoning why plant life, bugs, and even dinosaurs got so big was because of the pure oxygen amount in the air. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the current air in our atmosphere is only 18% pure oxygen, rest is nitrogen, CO2, and cut cheese....

They proved this by using a new method of xray and could see the circulatory system of a beetle and compared it to that of one frozen in amber and found the C.S. of the amber fossilized beetle was 4x the size of today's beetle.

So even if they did clone a Tyrannosaur, I wouldn't expect it to be the same size as seen in Jurassic Park. Maybe no bigger than a donkey, but still thats pretty f*&%^*# big!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
They would be the ultimate military weapon. Cheap to produce and feed them, science has already implanted the brains of mice and other animals with devices that allow them to control the creature. Imagine a pack of ten heavily armored genetically modified(presumably more lethal than the original)t-rex with a wireless brain control device. Then imagine 100 or 1000 of them, thats some terrifying weaponry right there.

this sounds like a cartoon i used to watch when i was young.. dinoriders i believe

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
If there is truth to what some theorize: That the Dinosaurs reached the size they did due to a difference in Gravity

The cloned T Rex wouldn't be quite the rampage depicted

Rather it would reach adulthood and be unable to support it's own head,

The attraction could well be, a Crippled T rex being bottle fed cow guts through a giant bottle into it's cage for 6 months until it died...

Possibly quite a cruel thing to do...

No I believe it was a difference in the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere.

www.scientificblogging.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I've read of other reasons why animals were much larger. The radio active carbon in all organisms gets weaker with time. Also there was supposed to be a protective ice bubble around the earth called the firmaments. It filtered out harmful radiations etc. Sounds way out I know. It's destruction caused the great flood about 10k yrs. ago. It's in Sheldan Nidle's 2 books, "Your Becoming a Galactic Human" and "Your First Contact" Some of the best books I've ever read!
I saw that program of them finding soft tissue in the t-Rex bones. They never explained if they could DNA out of it. Did you know that they found a jaw bone of a T-Rex 20% larger than ever found before. They dubbed it T-Rex Imperitor. Also, the scene in Jurassic Park III where the Spinosaurus kills the T-Rex is bulls__t! Animals don't know Gung Fu. And I'll bet they didn't roar either. And King Kong couldn't fight like that either. They would have torn him to shreds. Makes a great movie though. The brontosaurus scene was absurd and should have been cut. And those natives were the creepiest thing in the movie.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join