It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Gay Marriage Proponents Attack Elderly Woman

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I happen to know that the "elderly" woman with the cross and the "angry/godless gay man" (the one to the right of the screen) were in cahoots (I'm sure a few of the others in the crowd were also). I wasn't going to say anything because i didn't think they would get TV coverage but after reading here and elsewhere it seems like their plan worked. Their goal was to make homosexuals appear to be "godless/hateful" individuals to ignite christian counter-protesters to be violent towards them. I think it's an underhanded and truly EVIL thing they're trying to do.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

correct. then we agree.
she was obeying the laws of the land.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Too bad for the gays eh, over here we call that a sorry loser.
Looks like they'll have to pack up the Ace of spades CD's and go assault old ladies somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

i wouldn't suggest assaulting little old ladies. especially if you don't know if her elevator is going to the top floor or not.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Shame on the Christians for trying to force their marriage views on other people.

Shame on the Gay folks for being intolerant towards those they would ask to be tolerant towards them.

Shame on the liars and cheats who came from other states to vote this down in California. That is exactly what Jesus would have done. He is so proud of you right now.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

theft?
whatever. You don't want your 2 foot tall cross stomped on, don't wave it around at a gay protest. Simple enough. Apparently that ignorant old lady couldn't handle that.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
No one should ever be assaulted by strangers. But if you're going to be full of hate like this woman, you have to be prepared to deal with the consequences.

Show an ounce of understanding, and people won't be so angry with you.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
She didn't invent the bible, even though she may look like it.

It's not her fault the good book told her it's wrong.
Probably like her parents, her priests.
If the gays can protest, so can she. She has a equal right too, and she should be able to voice her opinions without being assaulted by the forbidden fruit.

[edit on 10/22/2008 by WishForWings]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitl103
No one should ever be assaulted by strangers. But if you're going to be full of hate like this woman, you have to be prepared to deal with the consequences.

Show an ounce of understanding, and people won't be so angry with you.

What exactly did you see in the video that showed her "full of hate" ?

She couldn't even talk as she was drowned out by your group that had so much "understanding". It astounds me that so many here feel it justified to use intimidation, violence and anger towards others as a way to settle disputes.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by pavil]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Shame on the liars and cheats who came from other states to vote this down in California.

Umm, to be frank, it was the citizens of California who have voted this way TWICE. Are you calling them cheats and liars?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
It astounds me that so many here feel it justified to use intimidation, violence and anger towards others as a way to settle disputes.

I don't think anyone has said that. Just because people say she shouldn't have done something so stupid doesn't mean we think it's justified to use violence. You're making that part up.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by rickyrrr

i said don't go there with me because you were apparently stereotyping me. you didn't read my posts all the way through, so you assumed i was just like the stereotype that's been massaged to the point of absurdity on tv shows, movies, songs, and books.

i don't agree with withholding the marriage rights from gay people because i KNOW the government is not GOD and therefore it can't say what is and isn't sacred. it has no blooming idea what is and isn't sacred. so the rest of your point was moot! what's there to argue about since i think they should have the same rights under US law to begin with? otherwise, the law is not following its own precepts. you might as well be preaching to the choir!

[edit on 12-11-2008 by undo]

What are you even talking about? stereotyping, books movies? I asked a question that you refused to answer by saying "Don't even go there" I then was left to assume why would you not want to face the question. You could have answered the question. Nobody has put any labels on you but yourself when you spell out your age gender and religious background. If you feel you have to vindicate the meaning of those labels against some negative stereotype, you had the opportunity to do so by answering my question one way or another.

-rrr

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

you must be trolling me.

well that's okay, i'll let someone else argue with you then.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

let me explain it simply: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER ATHEISTS ARE OR NOT GAY. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER THEY ARE OR ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MARRY. WHAT MATTERS TO ME IS, THAT I BELIEVE THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO MARRY WITH THE SAME BENEFITS REGARDLESS OF THEIR GENDER OR THEIR RELIGIOUS/NON-RELIGIOUS STANCE. now what part of that are you having problems with? the stereotype you have of christians. that's what. i won't fit in your little box and you're trying your hardest to stick me in there. no thanks.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

I don't think you can excuse their actions because of 'poor input', what they did was terrible. All of us have bad things happen in our lives but you don't see the majority of the people going crazy. We are people who should be able to get our point across without beating up a little old lady. And stomping on her cross was just plain childish.

Bad form!

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

What exactly did you see in the video that showed her "full of hate" ?

It astounds me that so many here feel it justified to use intimidation, violence and anger towards others as a way to settle disputes.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by pavil]

I clearly stated that no one should be assaulted by strangers. Really, no one deserves to be assaulted at all.

But carrying an oversized novelty cross and waving it in front of a group of people who are furious because their basic human rights are being outlawed. That's hateful. That's not the love of Jesus Christ.

What's your position on Prop 8, Pavil?

[edit on 12-11-2008 by whitl103]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whitl103

How do you know this women was full of hate?
She never even got to say anything because of that big loud mouth who kept getting in the way.........no matter was the excuse.......it was not right!!!!

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Remember, Jesus loves the sinner but not the sin!

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Seems to me that there is hate on both sides. Why so much aggression? Over morals and ethics. If someone's morals exclude rights for certain groups of people, what else can you call it? Hateful. Ignorance breeds it, but it's still hateful to limit the rights of others simply because someone told you their behavior is unacceptable.

But the article is trying to portray this woman as a victim, IMO. She is protesting the victimized, so I have trouble giving her a lot of credit.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma

Remember, Jesus loves the sinner but not the sin!

Peace,
Grandma

Oh no, how antiquated. When I read the New Testament on my own, without someone interpreting it for me, I found that Jesus doesn't make a lot of claims to what is right and wrong. Much of what is written on 'correct' behavior was added and mistranslated over time, a lot of this is clearly documented in the history of the Christian church. Jesus seems to love everyone, no matter what.

I'd better slow down, I don't want to derail this thread.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join