It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Gay Marriage Proponents Attack Elderly Woman

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hmmm... lots of responses to this thread.

Well... here is what I will say.

The treatment that she got was of disrespect. Nothing violent. I swear, I did not see anything violent in the video.

If there was a Free Tibet rallies somewhere and I hold a Chinese flag within the rally I bet you $100 that the Americans and Europeans would either kill me or kill me. If that was a younger man, then he would have been pummeled completely.

What the hell do you expect? Some Catholic lady going there and changing the ideas of hundreds of thousands of people? She is using her age as an antic disposition.

I personally am not a supporter of gays (If they don't "touch" me, I'm fine with it), but you know what... let them marry if they want to. Heck if you hate gays so much go to China where there are no gays on the streets.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I cannot not respond to this.

Undo, you have just earned my respect, both as a Christian and as a person. I have to agree with your later post that Christianity, if one truly follows the teachings of Jesus, is not a free ride. But rest assured that, on that night, Jesus was smiling at you.

I know whenever I think I make Him smile, it thrills me to no end. I assume you feel the same way. The two commandments Jesus left us with were to "love the Lord God" and to "love thy neighbor as thyself". The latter, he expressed as being akin to the former. You carried through on those two commandments.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

awww thanks.
well i think i lost my blessing on that one. since i brought it out before men and got praise for it but i thought the story was fitting to the concept of being treated badly due to being different. which in the long run, is really the entire premise of this thread....now that i think about it.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

No, I believe your blessing is intact. You brought it out well after it happened. Also, you did not do it for praise by men. Now if you had called the media so you could get your name on the front page of the local paper as some kind of hero...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
i never said he did. what i did say was, in reference to the elderly woman at the rally, the (biblical) texts do say that homosexuality is wrong…

You are casually swinging between Old Testament and New Testament.

See...this is EXACTLY why so many see Christians as hypocrites! They take the bits they want and follow them, when it is convenient!

For example if you don't have a yearning for gay sex, then homosexuality is FORBIDDEN BY GOD!!! EVIL!

But if you happen to enjoy some good barbequed pork that's a whole different story! No comparison whatsoever! Who cares about what the Old Testament says! You like your pork, but you DON'T happen to like gay sex, so one is fine and the other is SINFUL!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610
Hey, hey, HEY! You just leave my barbecued pork and my fried bacon and my honey-cured ham out of this!

And don't even think about mentioning my fried pork skins...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Hey, hey, HEY! You just leave my barbecued pork and my fried bacon and my honey-cured ham out of this!

LOL. Yeah I know, I hestitated to jump in, didn't want to offend you. Plus you two were having a moment and that is rare on ATS.

But I still had to say something!

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I believe Jesus would have no qualms with joining our BBQ even if there were gays there, and people were serving tofurky instead of Red's pork

Maybe my Jesus is a little too hippy-liberal though hahaha

*On a side note: perhaps this is what The Da Vinci Code was really about: they were really serving soy dogs at the Last Supper!

Hmm... my agenda is showing.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

You had me agreeing there until you joined with Sonya and started attacking my pig-meat.

But come to think of it, Jesus, barbecue, and a lib to make fun of... I think I could handle that.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

But come to think of it, Jesus, barbecue, and a lib to make fun of... I think I could handle that.

Redneck, if the barbecue has enough alcohol and nicotine the food won't matter so much. Without those two well...tofu is a problem.

It is all relative.

Then again I hear bbq'd liberal tastes just like pork!

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

This is true!

And conservatives taste just like soy!!

It's ironic, but God works in mysterious ways!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If you guys want me to come to the Barbecue you can just ask...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

Hmmm...I think we are all pondering what your meaning is. I have thought of a few comments but they were all tasteless (haha...no pun intended!)

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You stupid b'stards

that was pure pantomine and a media set up, can u not see that??

wiki Brasseye uk and follow the links clips

BTW WHAT NEWS SERVICE BROADCAST THAT?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You guys are trying to get me in trouble, right? Hey, I've had scars on my tongue before...

Grrr.... so many possibilities....

So many good possibilities....

LUCID! Hurry up and say something to that before I do!

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You guys are trying to get me in trouble, right? Hey, I've had scars on my tongue before...

Grrr.... so many possibilities....

So many good possibilities....

TheRedneck

Great post

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I watched that video twice and here are my thoughts:

I didn't really see anyone directly "snatch" the cross out of the woman's hand. It looks like someone reached out to tap it or grab at it, then she lost her balance and dropped it.

That giant cross was not only huge, but hugely distasteful. The woman showed up in the middle of the event not to just speak her views but obviously to stage a scene and cause a confrontation for the cameras, knowing it would cause an angry crowd situation. Unfortunately it appears to have worked. If she was just speaking to the reporter it doesn't seem logical that the group would have paid this much attention to her.

I didn't see anyone stomping on that cross. It sort of appeared like someone tripped over it just off camera while the crowd was pushing around. This sounds like something the media would make up on the six o'clock news for attention.

I didn't see anyone attempt to harm anyone else. If any of those people did physically interfere with that woman, or attempt to harm her, of course that is despicable and totally wrong. What are we talking about here?

I received a phone call yesterday from a local civil rights group asking if I would wish to attend a public demonstration here in Milwaukee on Saturday that would be totally non-violent in nature. Again, they stressed above everything else that it would be nonviolent, and simply to show that a segment of our population is not going to let this issue be silenced with proposition 8.

I have never attended any sort of demonstration before, but I am going to be there. As a Christian man, I am just sick and tired of sitting by and doing nothing while the government and its duped followers that falsely call themselves "Christians", spend their time and energy mixing church with state so that they can take away people's fair rights. Remember, in California it HAS been legal for same-sex couples to get married. To revoke those rights now would be unprecedented in the history of America. Can you imagine it's the same issue was used against Blacks or Jews? The outrage would be thunderous. What about those married couples that have children? Should those children now be ripped from their homes and families, because some jerks just don't happen to feel comfortable about their parents?? This whole thing is disgusting to me.

If people who are doing this call themselves Christians, then why aren't they spending their money and energy's uniting together to help the poor and sick and the homeless? What about issues such as cancer that afflict so much damage on our families and loved ones? Wouldn't that be a more timely use of donated funds? If those people are so concerned about the state of marriage and families, why don't any of those churches speak out against the heterosexual divorce rate? What about all the un-responsible teenage pregnancies that occur outside of marriage in our country, and lack of care and up bringing that happens to those unwanted kids?

In my lifetime I have seen the trend in single opposite sex teenagers (and twentysomethings), moving in together become the norm in our society. Where are their parents? Why don't all these churches organize and speak out about something practical like that? Surely that has much more of an impact on our society than the small percentage of gays who wish to declare a stable loving relationship.

Okay and just one more thing: I have family down in that Bible Belt region. I really just want to ask why is it that none of those churches say anything to their hordes of members that are mostly horribly overweight, uneducated women that seem bent on producing multitudes of other horribly overweight children that are stuffed with sugar, dressed in dirty welfare hand-me-downs left to fend for themselves in life with no hope of a college education?? If you're going to pass some legislation here, shouldn't there be a law passed against misusing children like that. Is Everyone Going Crazy Lately? Get real for God's sake.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
ok i might get in trouble for this post but ignorant angry people make me angry

the way these grown adults acted is absolutely atrocious

i honestly wouldve loved to have been there to do exactly what the police wouldve done in the situation

knocked everyone on their ass and probably use tear gas eventually (but i dont have tear gas so i wouldve just loved to shut all those idiots up)

how can people asking for respect show such absolute no class or respect for the belief of respect in their own actions

the way these people acted represents their group on a whole whether the others in the group who arent so ignorant like it or not

just like mlk explained the black panthers represent the movement the same as the peaceful protesters did

and now we have much less peaceful gays and more and more of these damn "pink panthers"

im truley sick and tired of having the gay idea pushed into my head in the media and in everyday life at every moment of every day

its all you see now anywhere you turn within 10 minutes that gets brought up if you're considering the media

if gays and lesbians want to get the MAJORITY OF THE UNITED STATES Of AMERICA on your side you MUST control the ignorance amongst your group

all this "fierce" b.s. has to stop im sick of all of it

back in the day people were who they were, there wasnt this big controversy about it

maybe i was young and naive

but my mom had a couple gay freinds who i would randomly meet as a child years later id find out theyre gay, in my mind i seem shocked like oh well they were normal nice guys i didnt see anything wrong with them, no big deal that they were gay

NOW i see these (i wanna use a different word so bad right now but i know its not "PC" so i have to say gays or homosexuals) homosexuals everywhere and the way the act is just abhorrent

theres no reason for this

before people used to have respect for themselves and respect for others

but now these homosexuals just act so ignorantly it portrays the rest of the group who may actually be respectable normal human intellects in a horrible light

there was no reason for this woman to be attacked the way she was

sad part is, the camera being there probably had a lot to do with it

but why do people get so ignorant just to get a little tv time

or just to deprive others from being able to voice their own beliefs

i mean isnt this still america where people are free to speak their mind

i just miss the america where at least publicly we had SOMe type of respect and dignity for at least ourselves if not others

i mean how must that guy feel seeing this footage of himself looking like a complete jacka....idiot

people take a step back look at the big picture lets focus on whats at hand

we're in a serious state of affairs here in the great united states and we're bickering about who's nailin pallin, and who's doing who

whats it matter get on with life get intellect and lets make this world a better place where we arent producing and breeding a bunch of morons who treat the elderly that way

especially when theyre not far from being elderly themselves, hopefully what goes around comes around in his case

glad nothing worse came from these members of g.l.a.d. or whatever it is

all i can is say damn, good luck to us here in the good ol US of A

_javascript:icon('
') _javascript:icon('
')

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Dramey]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
im truley sick and tired of having the gay idea pushed into my head in the media and in everyday life at every moment of every day

Wow.

I am actively pro gay. I do what I can to be involved, and not even I get even close to that much exposure...

If you have a problem with it, have you tried leaving that gay bar?...

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

It's all yours!

I drank up all my funny juice earlier in the day! see even that was lame

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join