It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hilarious (if possible) Descriptions of the 5 Most Horrifying Bugs in the World...By Alex Levinton

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
On a related topic, the Travel channel had the Top Ten parasites/creatures on once. All of them were pretty horrible. I think the bot fly was actually on the list....

The best one however was a very small fish that would swim up your urinary tract if you went to bathroom in the Amazon. not only would it get stuck up there but it had very hard fins that deployed once in there. Just thinking about it makes me want to pass out. Tried looking for the show, it's a must watch if you see it on the Travel Channel. Truly gross things.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
On a related topic, the Travel channel had the Top Ten parasites/creatures on once. All of them were pretty horrible. I think the bot fly was actually on the list....

The best one however was a very small fish that would swim up your urinary tract if you went to bathroom in the Amazon. not only would it get stuck up there but it had very hard fins that deployed once in there. Just thinking about it makes me want to pass out. Tried looking for the show, it's a must watch if you see it on the Travel Channel. Truly gross things.

I know the episode you're referencing, pavil. That really was awful--enough to permanently keep me out of natural bodies of water.

Edit to add: They are called "Candiru". Here is the Wikipedia entry detailing their horrible ways: en.wikipedia.org...

Really just awful on a level all their own. Yuck.

[edit on 12/11/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

Pavil and Paperplanes - thanks for this addition - one of my personal favorites in the "you gotta' be kiddin' me" files.

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
africanised bee's some nice scorpions and if you hop to the arachnid section brown recluse and blackwidows

the US has its own branch of nasty bugs

im sure there are more if anyone wants to help a guy out with a few

[edit on 14/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Keeep them away from me! Please!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

I think the potato bug is kind of cute, for a bug.

Thanks OP for posting this. Gave me a good laugh. The video of the bot fly larvae did not, though.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperplanes

I know the episode you're referencing, pavil. That really was awful--enough to permanently keep me out of natural bodies of water.

[edit on 12/11/08 by paperplanes]

things are just wrong when condoms and butt plugs are essential swim wear

the candiru is deffinatley one of natures practicle jokes gone wrong

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Can they survive in the ocean? If not that would keep my mind at ease.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
So I was curious to read anything else by the author of the article and it turns out he did it for Cracked.com

He also wrote this one:

www.cracked.com...

The 6 Cutest Animals That Can Still Destroy You

seriously just as funny as the other article. I have a newly found fear of Dolphins that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

fresh/brakish water only i think

just sharks jellyfish crocs(depending on where you are) and poisonoues spiney fish to worry abut in the sea

^_^ enjoy your swim

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Thank you my friend. Those bugs, yes, I am a nature nut so I have heard of them all and seen them in action, are indeed among the scariest. There are a few others I would consider though but I appreciate the humor this guy added in. That was a very interesting way to read about them.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Here's a site with which we can all feed our darkest fears ,should supply us with nightmares and maybe avatars for years to come!
ugly overload

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stonespiral

Thanks for that stonespiral - that had me laughing again! - Also learned something about the poisonous spines on the duck billed platypus. Attached to that story was another pretty hilarous one, maybe off topic but definately funny: If Banner Ads were Forced to Tell the Truth:

www.cracked.com...

ColoradoJens

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join