It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't be so harsh on criticizing america

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
And the point I'm trying to make, dark lord, is that until we understand that we have no control over the satanic reality of our country we will have no chance of changing anything about it.

Our last two elections were stolen and only a fool (pardon) would expect any difference from our CFR vetted candidates.

It is pro wrestling. Can't you see that?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by marsha law

and my car mechanic gives me an outrageous estimate too.

Over a million Afghanis are thought to have been killed by our actions

Noone knows.

Thought and proof are two different things.

One thing that really really pisses me off is when people make light of death.
Your taxes are killing hundreds of thousands of people.
Shall I go over and count them.
Watch YouTubes of returning soldiers.
Look up the estimates yourself
Don't hide behind cowardly statements.
Soon you will know death and you won't be laughing.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

These are only the documented civilian casualties in Iraq, not quite a million but gettin there huh?

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Shocka]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
Thank you, calihan, that is a wonderful sentiment.

There is so much goodness to be seen, if we merely look beyond the bad stuff which is the general plight of man and the human condition. We in America are still part of a great experiment, and I am very confident that we are, thought far from perfect, helping to shape a better tomorrow for all people.

Most importantly, nothing is to be gained from being hopeless. We have unlimited potential and there is so much good still to do. Let's be positive and move forward to a better tomorrow.

I like your thinking. There is so much negativity, if people stopped and tried to be positive, maybe they would start seeing the difference in america that they are looking for.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by marsha law

No one is making light of death. You make a statement of genocide , I ask you to show me proof. Instead you give me opinions, estimates, and thoughts.

Don't hide behind cowardly statements.

I'm not. I'm just saying it is not a genocide as you so stated.

Soon you will know death and you won't be laughing.

Death is always around the corner. I don't fear it. It is a part of life. I have learned to accept that.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

I like your thinking. There is so much negativity, if people stopped and tried to be positive, maybe they would start seeing the difference in america that they are looking for.

i AGREE AGAIN,

Plus If Obama wins and really sucks as president,god grant me the grace to be humble and pray for him instead of being a angry and hateful ranter

[edit on 053030p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
America sucks and will continue to suck until it stops bombing brown people whenever they feel like it. That won't change until Americans make it change, and they can't change it when they won't even accept that it's true. So, America will keep sucking. Obama might be a temporary reprieve from sucking but don't worry America will get right back to genocide, staging coups to overthrow governments they shouldn't be messing with, and transferring the wealth from the many into the hands of a few elite (insert_curseword_here).

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Shocka

Thanks for source. Will look it over later.

Got to go teach my class.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Plus If Obama wins and really sucks as president,god grant me the grace to be humble and pray for him instead of being a angry and hateful ranter

Absolutely right. Hate only hurts the haters. There are always silver linings.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble

Absolutely right. Hate only hurts the haters. There are always silver linings.

I agree as well. We never know what our future brings. We never know what the leaders we choose are going to end up doing. All we can really do is think positively and really hope for the best to happen for us. But with sooooo many people only thinking about the bad in every situation it never allows for anything good to come along.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

But with sooooo many people only thinking about the bad in every situation it never allows for anything good to come along.

I don't trust Obama, but I don't want all the negative energy that I saw heaped upon Bush and still is being heaped upon Bush, heaped upon another.

It doesn't solve anything, sending positive vibes into the situation is more productive.

It makes me sad it seems childish and pathetic.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 063030p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shocka
reply to post by jam321

These are only the documented civilian casualties in Iraq, not quite a million but gettin there huh?

1,284,105 No not quite a million. A bit more.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Look to see what its turning into before Defending it. . .

~Spike

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike777
Look to see what its turning into before Defending it. . .

~Spike

You could equally say 'look to see what its turning into before Attacking it. . .', surely?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123
You know.. I dont understand why so many people bash america daily. We ARE very free in comparison to much of the world. But heres the reality... We have clean water. We dont have civil wars every day that have been going on for years, like many other countries. We have shelter. We have food. We have good people and we are a superpower because we help so many countries, and so many countries help us as well. Why must we always bash america , when I can gurantee you would want to come back in a heartbeat if you lived in many other places in the world. Be thankful for what you have. There are a lot of good people in this country, a lot of good things about this country. We are why so many people from other countries want to come here and live the american dream.

Oh my, where to start. First of all, Americans have the right to question their appointed leaders as they after all, work for the people. Here's some reality for ya - we don't have clean water! I believe around 70% of americans drink fluoridated water everyday (there are also other heavy metals etc. in there). We don't have civil wars every day but I think we might be headed towards another one in the future. How does helping other countries make us a super power? I don't see the connection there. We have homeless starving people right here in the US - why don't we take care of them first? I have lived in other countries and actually liked living in them better than the US. I also think there are good people in every country and a lot of good things about almost every country. 'What we have' is being taken away from us on an almost daily basis. The sheeple need to wake up.. the 'american dream' is long gone... dead.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
oh please. we have clean water. do you die from the diseases in your water ? NO. you dont. but many other countries cant drink their water. They cant shower with clean water. They cant cook with clean water.

You are so selfish to say that its almost unbelievable. So we have flouride in our water, so what. No one is dying or getting sick from it and until that happens you really shouldnt complain

last night just showed me i know what im talking about. it showed the good in a lot of people. every type of person came together for once, because finally we came over a huge barrier in america's history and i know many many people never thought they would see the day a black man was elected president, but it happened. And that is the key point of america.

anything can happen.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I know what you are saying, but you seem to have some rose-tinted view of the US. You are ascribing to it qualities found in many other countries, sometimes in even greater strength.

Most of Europe is a melting pot, with more languages spoken in Europe than in the US (heck London has 250 languages spoken daily in it).

Most of Europe has just as much freedom as the states, better health care, better freedom of the press, less crime, lower infant mortality, higher longevity, better quality of living.

The US is just like any other country, except not as good as some, and better than some others. That's it. This whole idea that somehow America is something special is just plain nationalistic propaganda - unfounded nonsense.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If you hate it so much, why do you live here?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123
oh please. we have clean water. do you die from the diseases in your water ? NO. you dont. but many other countries cant drink their water. They cant shower with clean water. They cant cook with clean water. You are so selfish to say that its almost unbelievable. So we have flouride in our water, so what. No one is dying or getting sick from it and until that happens you really shouldnt complain last night just showed me i know what im talking about. it showed the good in a lot of people. every type of person came together for once, because finally we came over a huge barrier in america's history and i know many many people never thought they would see the day a black man was elected president, but it happened. And that is the key point of america. anything can happen.

You are obviously very uninformed. You should really do some research so you know what you're talking about. www.mbschachter.com...
I'll save you some time and post a small quote from the above 'Epidemiology research in the mid-1970's by the late Dr. Dean Burk, head of the cytochemistry division of the National Cancer Institute, indicated that 10,000 or more fluoridation-linked cancer deaths occur yearly in the United States.' Did you know the Nazi's put fluoride in the water at their concentration camps to keep the people docile? Probably not. I lived in Mexico for a few years. You can shower in the water and you can cook with it, amazing isn't it? To say that I'm being selfish because I'm informed is well .. silly. You young, blind followers of Obama are scary. Have fun with your head in the sand. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Where in mexico were you? Because I have also been to mexico my friend, and most places the water is not drinkable.

So, im not sure where you were.

But im not uninformed. Im alive. I drink water out of the faucet. I dont have cancer. I dont have diseases. Im actually perfectly healthy.

Cancer isnt linked to water. Thats just another theory people want to throw out there because they have nothing else to talk about.

cancer comes from MANY things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join