It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

62% expected to vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Just heard on the BBC News some eminent pollster saying that 62% are expected to vote, which is a high. In Britain in 2001 60% of people voted which was seen as a disaster by our politicians.
My question is: does anyone who's lived in both states and UK, is there some massive difference in the way we view politicians. I thought we had a pretty dim view but it seems.......

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
well ive never lived in the UK, but in north carolina it seems that 1 out of 4 people are really into one candidate or another. two out of the four may vote just because they "have to" and usually the last person out of the four couldnt give a rats butt and probably has never registered out of fear of getting jury duty. at least thats how it is in winston salem, asheville and wilmington.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Is that 60% of the total population or registered voters?

BEcause in the counties surrounding me, we've already have almost 50% of registered voters cast ballots.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
According to the stats I heard on the radio this morning, here in Ohio they are expecting an 80% turnout. I have also heard that some States have registered 90% of their eligible voters. Of course that doesn't insure they will show up to vote.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm very glad about these large numbers... whoever wins and looses, no one will be able to say it's from voter apathy.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
62% sounds low and would hurt Obama.

In 2004 the vote turnout was 64%.

Sixty-four percent of U.S. citizens age 18 and over voted in the 2004 presidential election

source

Betcha McCain is praying for a low turnout.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

please see above thread,
We are keeping threads in order so we can all keep updated,

thread closed,

new topics

top topics

join