It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Censors and Deletes Accounts of 20+ Leading Government Conspiracy Critics.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well to be fair, we could never expect Youtube to remain politically independent in regards to such material. There was no way that youtube was not going to be pressured to take off this free-media.

-Sigh-

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by eonpeon

Get used to the U.S.S.A.

Obama/Biden in '08 eh comrades?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Just found an artical about it on NYTimes.

ATSVideo does sound a great idea !!

NYTimes Artical

MySpace users angry over News Corp censorship of YouTube
Blog

[edit on 3/11/08 by Ezappa] links are way out of date didnt notice

[edit on 3/11/08 by Ezappa]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Are any of you guys really that surprised??? You have all seen or experianced the close out or provable info on google vid, and youtube. I think there should be an organized assualt on these pages where all of us post the same content that keeps being deleted thousands of times in the next few weeks just to see what they will do to combat the open flow of info they are trying so hard to get rid of. Its not just the political stuff, any thing relativley sound in theory that has to do with any anti- corp, or gov. aganda seems to just dissapear after a while.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hello evryone

And this is not the only problem!
Mandatory Censorship on Web.
AUSTRALIA will join China in implementing mandatory censoring of the internet under plans put forward by the Federal Government.

The revelations emerge as US tech giants Google, Microsoft and Yahoo, and a coalition of human rights and other groups unveiled a code of conduct aimed at safeguarding online freedom of speech and privacy.

The government has declared it will not let internet users opt out of the proposed national internet filter.

Read full story:www.news.com.au...
Best wishes Vril1

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I only watched half of this YouTube thing the guy posted that was on the OP.... it sure didn't take him long to tell everyone about his NEW SITE that he is going to put up.

Seriously, more and more folks... YouTube, FaceBook, etc., are coming under more and stricter scrutiny about their content that they allow on their site, especially COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT that is rampant.

We had to take steps ourselves to have removed unauthorized postings of the ATS Investigation Team's research videos.

Although I am sure there is probably a secondary agenda thrown in there someplace..... I think if you look deeper, the folks that were deleted violated some kind of YouTube policy with some of their content.

If memory serves.... I think posting anything that is on their NO NO list constitutes immediate cancellation of the account.

My Dos Cents....

Dave

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What load of crap! of course YouTube wolud do this it keeps the cops and the sponsers of the site happy.It does not matter what we as costomers want.

[edit on 123030p://0326 by mike dangerously]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Agreed. It's unfortunate but this is business, it is however abuse of the power the sponsors have over the site, but it's business.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I had a few favourites from those guys (rodney and acebryan) so it's sad to see this happen.

Seems more and more the internet is not free.

I've moved to very high level encryption for emails that require it. Suck on that you echelon dorks....

Only way to stop this is for the people or people affected to do thier own thing.. through a site like ATS.. the solution is right here infront of you.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Spock Shock

Yup guys, if they are censoring it, then it's no longer worth watching. Boycott Youtube- Not that they`ll notice or anything.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Did you know there is a massive effort to suppress Usenet? Read about it here. Thought this would be a good addition to the thread.

warofillusions.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Youtube has a history of pulling this crap. I suppose its their right since they are privately-owned. I had a thread on this going in the old PTS forum, its since been de-activated:

Youtube Silences Conservative Views at "Hate-Speech"

I can only see it getting worse, with more government interference. We've got a Presidential Candidate who is among the most secretive in history (won't release his health records, college records, Senate records,and recently had his birth certificate information sealed). He also "punishes" any who dare speak out against him or, even ask him a tough question (Joe the Plumber anyone?)

If you think the Government is going to get any more transparent, you are wrong. This kind of thing is only going to get worst. Fairness Doctrine, Internet Cops, here it is (Internet Cops currently called "Truth Squads" in the Obama camp)

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
Maybe not a government agency, but it is quite obviously subject to some government rules, regulations, and controls. When specifically those members are deleted, one is in right to ask "why them, and not others who are as much as them, if not more, 'illegal'? What was illegal in posting those videos? How was it a TOS violation? Why not simply remove the movie, instead of the whole account?"

Besides, let me insist that it is the US constitution. That one that is supposed to be governing "the country of freedom"... What a big joke! Maybe it ought to be burned and rewritten in a way that fits nowadays world, and not the late XVIIIth century!

spooky.. do you even know what you are talking about?
I did not go on about the right to ask.. everyone can ask, that is not what I was bitchin about...

Do you know the difference between a company and a government?
A company is "at will", a government is "by law".

YouTube is NOT subject to the constitution in this way.
They have NO obligation to uphold your personal free speech.

NONE.

Removal of your videos, your comments or your account from YouTube by Google in NO WAY is a violation of your free speech as guaranteed under the constitution of the United States.

Please... cite me something that proves me wrong here and I will gladly all you my master.

This is why I posted this, there are TOO MANY Of us here who cannot differentiate between the two.

I am not defending YouTube.. I am trying to educate some of you.
ATS reserves the right to delete comments, partial comments, threads, or even GASP! accounts that they see fit.. it is NOT a free speech violation.

Can some MOD please back me up on this.. we need at least to have a starting point for discussions like this, there are to many people who are just misinformed.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by gormly]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elijah Mohammad
One of the first with some deep conspiracy stuff who had tons of views to get deleted was Abdullah Hashem, his account Hashemsfilms got deleted. He started his own domain hosted in Egypt or Syria or something I think now. www.hashemsfilms.com. Good stuff. It's a shame YouTube is censored by the Secret Police.

have you seen the videos of n o r e a g a a a?
they are based on hashemsfilms, and i am really surprised that they haven't been silenced yet.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

Oh God...you said T-1000 and I immediately thought of Google Chrome!

::cue Terminator music:::::

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
google owns youtube. has the government put pressure on them?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by arnold_vosloo

And you wont I found out what it is and it isnt on the net unless you work for the cia...
I have nothing else to say and will no longer be posting
Good luck guys but I have 3 kids I need to keep safe and this is longer the way to do it. Im sorry

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Seems the big brother net is being dragged in slowly but surely.

And Newscorp buying out MySpace isnt good. Murdoch has to be the biggest puppet of the NWO of the modern age. If he had his way your media would consist of FOX news, MySpace, and a govt censored search engine. Doesnt bear thinking about.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elijah Mohammad
One of the first with some deep conspiracy stuff who had tons of views to get deleted was Abdullah Hashem, his account Hashemsfilms got deleted. He started his own domain hosted in Egypt or Syria or something I think now. www.hashemsfilms.com. Good stuff. It's a shame YouTube is censored by the Secret Police.

That guy still maintains his YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com...

Judging from the content of his videos, there is no reason to delete the account of YouTube members like him or other conspirators -- it's a harmless rant.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Never trust Google, slimy gits, I see you're still using Google analytics Mr Rabbit, to be honest I've seen YouTube come down heavy on videos with copyright music in the background, did any of these videos have music in them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join