It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Censors and Deletes Accounts of 20+ Leading Government Conspiracy Critics.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
You should also be aware that you need to have your full security up and running while browsing youtube. now they have a new cookie downloader called "securityrisk.download".

Do you have any evidence of this at all because I cannot find a single website that even mentions it?

Can find many occurances of SecurityRisk.First4DRM or SecurityRisk.Downldr but nothing at all for securityrisk.download

Please provide links for this, thank you

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Who says they chose to do it?

For all we know some Government guy in a black suit & darkglasses came into the Utube HQ, flashed a Big Gold Badge & a shiny black gun & told them to do it..lol

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
HOW %$@#%^# DARE THEY!!!

So what's the deal? Do they get an email telling them their account is being deleted?

Have the members who have had their accounts deleted asked for a reason WHY?

Surely they can't just delete an account if it complies with t&c?

Or can they?

Star n Flag please keep us posted.

I HATE CEN@#%^$&P!!!!!!

Peace

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by eonpeon

YouTube Censors and Deletes Accounts of 20+ Leading Government Conspiracy Critics.

Alright, this is definitely not a good sign.

Not a good sign at all.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Why are so many of you getting hysterical about this and YouTube?

They are not obligated to show any videos, allow any memberships.
They have all authority to cancel memberships at a whim, decide what not to show.

They are not constitutionally obligated to do anything.
Your rights are not being trampled and your free speech isn't being taken away.

WTH is wrong with you people?

If it is true (and not just banned members due to a TOS violation) than it sucks for sure, but it isn't a crime, a rights violation or a cause to gather arms people..

YouTube is not a government agency!
Chill out.. complain and then move on, jesus, the way some of you are going all hysterical about this, you'd think they burned the constitution or someting.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by gormly]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Elijah Mohammad

One of the first with some deep conspiracy stuff who had tons of views to get deleted was Abdullah Hashem, his account Hashemsfilms got deleted.

out of curiosity I pasted "Hashemsfilms" into the YouTube search tool and over 7 pages of results came up.
Doesn't look like he's deleted to me.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Haven't been on the site lately but does dailymotion censor it's video's yet?

I just remember there use to be tons of stuff uploaded all the time. everything from movies to ufo material.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Hey watch and read this video, does it help out or more disinfo?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
WOW! I mean, WOW!!!

I don't even know what to make of that. It is frightening that youtube is choosing to do this. I am honestly shocked and can say that I never thought that this could happen.

Thank you for bringing attention to this matter!

Jemison

You think YouTube is choosing to do this?? Youtube didnt give a damn. Til now. Somebody is making them - or YouTube was asked to do this. It wouldn't take much to have the government in there doing it themselves. Maybe they've realized that we wont hush anymore.

So they've got to shutup people like that.

Wow. Though. Freedom of Speech - Yeah. Right.

Peace
_ Cm.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

I don't see hysterics here. Just people (rightly) shocked, annoyed and revolted about a directed censorship.

They have all authority to cancel memberships at a whim, decide what not to show.

Yes, that's true. But why those, and only those then? And indeed why does it make a scandal of some sort?

I have been watching copyrighted movies through Youtube, and their posters are not bothered, the movies are still available. THAT is illegal. Posting a video made with your own camera about some fake demonstrator trying to provoke a riot, is normally not illegal. It's just that I don't know of any cheater who likes to be caught in the act, hence the cheater has asked to remove that proof...

How is free speech not being taken away? What if you would get removed from ATS for saying that? Wouldn't you find that your free speech is taken away? ATS is not constitutionally obligated to do anything either...

Ahem... What is wrong with you?

If it is true (and not just banned members due to a TOS violation) than it sucks for sure, but it isn't a crime, a rights violation or a cause to gather arms people..

Why wouldn't it be true? There are people here who know those people who've been deleted... You are going a bit too far.

Chill out.. complain and then move on, jesus, the way some of you are going all hysterical about this, you'd think they burned the constitution or someting.

Maybe not a government agency, but it is quite obviously subject to some government rules, regulations, and controls. When specifically those members are deleted, one is in right to ask "why them, and not others who are as much as them, if not more, 'illegal'? What was illegal in posting those videos? How was it a TOS violation? Why not simply remove the movie, instead of the whole account?"

Besides, let me insist that it is the US constitution. That one that is supposed to be governing "the country of freedom"... What a big joke! Maybe it ought to be burned and rewritten in a way that fits nowadays world, and not the late XVIIIth century!

Originally posted by ferryca
reply to post by Kukulcangod

Acebryan7oXx is active since October 23rd and according to his own words he shared all of Acebryan's content. But could this user register every week to upload all these videos back again? I don't think this is the only way for keeping uncensored videos and ideas online; there should be some other site which would welcome such content.

Any site that will actually accept to do that will be facing the same actions. I can bet. And that is the reason why I believe it is good for ATS not to engage in such a thing as one has mentioned like ATSTube or the like.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

That's pathetic. You don't believe this is an issue on freedom of speech?

Its more an act of freedom period! If you cant post what you want to - or want to get out there - then that defeats the point of everything.

Honestly. Those accounts have been there for a long time and suddenly a handful of conspiracy accounts get deleted? LOL. You've got to be an idiot to think its nothing.

Cm

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply tYouTube is not a government agency! o post by gormly

"YouTube is not a government agency! "

Maybe when Google bought youtube they did it with government money. Could Google be just a shell owner of youtube.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yes, I too noticed this too. I subscribed to "ace" and noticed one day, that his videos were no longer available.

peace

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
ohh man I only had a few subscriptions one was aceBryan7ox and shelle1even both are gone!!! check it out! it is the truth, however I was in dispute with AceBryan as he allowed no skeptics at all. However I looked into shelle1even video list once in a month to check out the latest footage.

What was the reason? Maybe it has something to do with copyright and a lawyer arranged a temporary restraining order as all of them uploaded the same material.

lets see

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
maybe i missed something...but why does anybody think that uncensored
matierial would be allowed on the internet, at least not for long anyway. anything too sensitive to power WILL be deleted...simple as that.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Awww jeeze, those were the only video's I actually enjoyed watching on youtube... guess they're not getting my internet traffic anymore...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I watch a lot of conspiracy vids on the the youtube, and the only name I recognise from the list was rodneykingman.

Were these people blaming the jews/zionists or something? The JITF (Jewish Internet Task Force, google em), have been shutting down those people on youtube lately, I don't really like jew-haters either, but I think JITF are going about it the wrong way, and they seemed to be targetting some things I thought were genuine reasonable debate (ie Noam Chomsky).

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well it sucks. But very important to take note that Youtube is a private company, with it's own policies, I assume all written up on the home page, I think you agree to ALL their conditions when you sign up.

It is an entertainment website, and will obviously delete all sorts of things for legal reasons.

I'm not supporting them, just saying how it is.
Any videos with important content need to be posted on specific sites that focus on relevant issues.

I am much more offended when channels like BBC news make loaded or biased reports because they used to stake their reputation on been an accurate service. Al Jeera is more accurate on the Middle East than the mnm channels we are force fed.

I guess my point is don't look to You Tube for alien disclosure of anything else that amazing, because I don't think Youtube has enough credibility for important info to be disclosed.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Read the policy statements posted by Google. They are a front for somebody.

I cannot help but laugh when reading warnings that the internet will soon be censored. They surely will not close the flow of info themselves. With the internet lots of info are available for the takers, this sure beats spying on people using bugs or satellites or gov't operatives

The internet is a large place which is the reason there can never be absolute censorship, for which there is no need. Screening the net and taking out risk factors works perfectly as demonstrated by this latest Youtube move. Just because we are allowed to use words like liberty, freedom, democracy and the like surely does not imply that these abstracts describe our condition. They describe the masking that has been applied by our Masters to cover reality.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
it's called resistance mapping. you take a few pot shots and see who protests about it the loudest. voila, mapping your enemy. keep that in mind.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join