It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this what Obama supporters think?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
She is just honest enough to admit Obama will indeed spread the wealth. She knows that Obama will give increased handouts to the non-working class. She can sit on her a$$ and he will give handouts!!

I'm sick of the ignorance of the American people. When will you wake up? Obama will screw the working class and kill our country. He is a liberal's dream come true. If America is dumb enough to elect him president, we deserve the outcome.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
If you cant answer your own question , you fall in line with this crowd

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Or is it possible... just possible she's thinking she won't have to worry about these things because in an Obama administration she just might be able to get a decent job that pays a decent wage and she'll be able to do those things because the hard work she has put in for the last 20 years will finally begin to pay her back a little?

Probably not, since her employer will have to pay so much in taxes that she'll get laid off.

You can't penalize the people that employ folks and expect those folks to benefit. I've never been hired by a broke guy.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I think there are people on both sides that have no ideal what these candidates support or stand for. As for these ladies I don't know why they said what they did, there are two views on these post, take your pick.I just think everyone who votes should be educated at least a little, don't you think?.........May the best man win and God speed to who ever wins..

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
*sigh*

48 more hours and this should be over...

Thank god (or what ever entity your prefer)

*rubs Temples*

Can't take politics anymore, Can't take politics anymore

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
So what's the point here?

Are you claiming this woman thinks Obama is going to send her money so she can fill up her car and pay her mortage?

Or is it possible... just possible she's thinking she won't have to worry about these things because in an Obama administration she just might be able to get a decent job that pays a decent wage and she'll be able to do those things because the hard work she has put in for the last 20 years will finally begin to pay her back a little?

1. The above is probably what the supporter is thinking.

2. She will, however, be sorely disappointed.

Neither one of these two clown candidates truly care about average citizens. They care about 1) Money, and 2) Power, and 3) putting them both together for their own benefit as President. The above supporter of Obama would be best to keep working hard and quit wasting false hopes on sideshow clowns (republican and democrat politicians). She should put her energies to finding paths out of her predicaments.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAINTAL

Originally posted by chickenshoes
Tell me then, why did you assume she's on welfare? Did she say she was?

Oh I get it since YOU think everyone on welfare is black and he said she was on welfare, YOU think he is making this about RACE when in actuality, you are superimposing your own racism on this topic OR attempting to use it to stifle the posters resolve on this issue.

Excuse me but have you read the entire thread from the beginning?

Come back and comment after you've done your homework, son.

If I've assumed anything, it's that some of the the folks here who are saying "she must be talking about welfare" are racist. If not, well, my bad.

The unfortunate truth is that tons of people will and have already assumed that she was talking about getting welfare in the video, long before I came along. If anything, I'm assuming that she's not talking about getting on welfare.

The whole point is, there is no way of knowing, because we are not that woman. We do not exist inside her head, and unless one of us here who is posting about what she thinks is going to happen under an Obama administration is a psychic, we can't know.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

If I've assumed anything, it's that some of the the folks here who are saying "she must be talking about welfare" are racist.

That is just what I am talking about, YOU wondered if someone was racist merely because he asked a question about her being on welfare.

My question to YOU is, what is it that gives YOU the idea, when someone asks about welfare they are really asking a racist question?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

If I've assumed anything, it's that some of the the folks here who are saying "she must be talking about welfare" are racist.

That is just what I am talking about, YOU wondered if someone was racist merely because he asked a question about her being on welfare.

My question to YOU is, what is it that gives YOU the idea, when someone asks about welfare they are really asking a racist question?

Ok, that's a fair question.

Let's just say, I have talked to many folks who think this very way, many of them right here on ATS. They only see a color, not a person.

As I said before, If I was wrong about that, well, my bad.

But, my question to everyone here who assumed she was speaking about welfare so excitedly, is this:

Had it been a middle aged white man wearing a John Deere hat instead, but he had used the same exact words as the black woman, in the same manner, would you have assumed he was referring to welfare?

[edit on 11/3/2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Had it been a middle aged white man wearing a John Deere hat instead, but he had used the same exact words as the black woman, in the same manner, would you have assumed he was referring to welfare?

[edit on 11/3/2008 by chickenshoes]

Good morning chickenshoes I hope you are feeling better.

I don't see that I called it welfare but I think it is an entitlement issue. I think the lady is expecting some sort of federal hand out, call it what you will.

Yes, if she were a white he I would think the same thing about him and would have made the same post.

Color makes no different to me, it's the mind set.

There is no place in the Constitution of the United States that reads, the government owes us a living. It just owes us the freedom to make a living.

Roper

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I do feel better, thanks. Dr. McGillocuddy's Menthol Mint Schnapps fixed me right up

I do appreciate your opinion, and I'm glad to hear you wouldn't just assume something based on a person's color.

However, I guess the point I was trying to make that maybe got a little lost in translation was that I couldn't see where she said she was expecting a handout.

I mean, all she actually said was this:

"I never thought this day would happen"
"I won't have to worry about putting gas in my car"
"I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage"
"If I help him he's gonna help me"

Now, if you can extrapolate from this that she wants a hand out, then I can just as easily extrapolate from it that she expects life will be a little easier and less worrisome because she feels that Obama will fix the problems causing her worries in the first place.

None of us are that woman, none of us are mind readers, the fact is we can't know what she really meant. I mean, yeah, she's really excited, but why does that necessarily mean she's expecting welfare, or reparations, or any kind of handout?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I do feel better, thanks. Dr. McGillocuddy's Menthol Mint Schnapps fixed me right up

Now, if you can extrapolate from this that she wants a hand out, then I can just as easily extrapolate from it that she expects life will be a little easier and less worrisome because she feels that Obama will fix the problems causing her worries in the first place.

None of us are that woman, none of us are mind readers, the fact is we can't know what she really meant. I mean, yeah, she's really excited, but why does that necessarily mean she's expecting welfare, or reparations, or any kind of handout?

Fair enough and if he is elected, I hope he can without taxing us to death and taking away our firearms.

I gotta try this, Dr. McGillocuddy's Menthol Mint Schnapps, sounds like a cure all.

Roper

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper

I gotta try this, Dr. McGillocuddy's Menthol Mint Schnapps, sounds like a cure all.

Roper

And how!

A little helps soothe an itchy sore throat, and with a little more , you forget that your nose feels like it's rotting off.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
NOT ONE OF YOU have pointed out that she might not have been allowed to finish her sentence... not one. She MIGHT have been referring to her windfall due under an Obama Presidency. She MIGHT have been referring to being expectant of real opportunity in a countyr where the President isn't a greedy fascist pig, OR she might plan on holding him up outside in the car park and mugging him...or she is his in fact, BabyMama.

Either way, that bitch is gettin him to put gas in her tank!!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'll tell you what, I met actuall people like this on the Halloween bike ride here in San Antonio. They believed that if Obama doesn't get elected, then the whole world would go to hell. They were also planning to go to DC to protest his loss so they could change the world.
If you want to change the world, start a community garden, go volunteer, discover a new way to get around town. Attend your local government Meetings and city council meetings. This how I changed my community. You can thank me for having bus service in my suburban neighborhood, You can thank me for putting the bike racks on all the new buses back in 01. I did it by protesting to the people in power at there meetings. and that's how I mad a difference.

One man in the president can't make much difference, but you can at a local level.

The reason why I'm voting for Obama? When driving on I-81 in PA, I heard a guest on C2C about the different Generations. When he compared McCains Generation to Obama, I was sold on Obama. I also hear once he gets elected, the whole nations is down the toilet. Well with out Carter, we wouldn't have gotten Regan. Sounds Like a good deal for us as a nation to get a new Regan in 2012.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Roper

Yes, of course. Further, we should always judge the capabilities of our presidential candidates by the people who support them.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This election has really done nothing more than turn me off of ever supporting either of the major two parties and possibly any politician ever again.

I work with people that I truly like they are great people who will do anything for you. Any time you need a hand they are there to help. I also work with some who are like some sort of sickening plague to society as a whole. I have heard from all walks of life (including those I believe to be overall good people) say things that just crush me. It is hard to believe that people think this or that will take place if this party or that gets in. I just do not say anything anymore I got so tired of trying to get people to see that their fears and worries are for nothing. I have grown weary of explaining to them and showing them they believe unfounded lies. I have grown even wearier of listening to the garbage coming from the mouths of the politicians as their followers froth at the mouth eating up the bile before it hits the floor.

Both sides have the same types of people ranging from just voting for the least of the two evils (which should never be an option) to those who think anyone who disagrees is un-American. This might be a history making election but it is also the worst election to date that I can recall for the actual treatment of people and giving them the truth. So much for a history making election being real and something people could truly be proud of. Like I said the thing that gets me the most is some of the things I have heard people I respect saying. I guess one of my professors was right everyone has some degree of prejudice most do not even realize it. This was proven to be true of everyone in the class from all walks of life. There is prejudice of all kinds not just that of race.

Raist

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Her last line was, " If I help him , hes going help me "

People can read that as a hand out, or you can read it as she feels she has a voice.

She, like myself, feel empowered by Obama, and Im white bread.

Now, regarding the video two posts before this one. That mentality surely scares me.

The OP video has hope. The latter has hatred.

Sad

Peace

[edit on 3-11-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

Now how the heck do you think ANY president can make jobs? Especially Obama? Are his tax increases on the companies that employ Americans going to magically add high-paying jobs to the economy? No! Is mandatory healthcare going to magically make better jobs appear? No! Ar carbon taxes going to make wonderful new jobs magically appear? No! Is Obama playing everybody for the fool? Yup. Anyone that believes Obama can do even half of what he promises, even with a super majority, really needs help. So he is going to lower healthcare costs with mandatory coverage of employees and mandatory coverage of pre-existing conditions...I can see where prices will go, but it is not down. He is apparently going to create many new fairy tale jobs through his increased taxes and other burdens on corporations and small businesses...I'll tell you something, businesses will protect their profits by...cutting labor costs. You know this will not hurt just those that are let go; it will hurt you, the stockholder as well. If you thought this slump we are in now is bad just wait until some of these fantastic programs are instated. How can people not see this? Are they blinded by their "hope"? Methinks they are, and it is sad. Think, people, think!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join