It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this what Obama supporters think?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathhasnosound
reply to post by chickenshoes

You should admit that you assumed I was white. You know you did and by denying it you show your true colors.
I would look in the mirror if I were you and ask yourself "Am I racist against whites?"

Oh and I don't even see that other guy's postings because he is on my ignore list. So I can't answer whatever lame questions he may have.

Are you really an American? Your English is terrible, I'm ashamed that many people can't speak English correctly, especially when it's native to them?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is the "Entitlement Generation" at work, thats all. They think:

The government should do it for me.
I am owed something by everyone.
I am here to provide a service IF you pay me enough. You want me to work harder for the greater good, pay me more!

Obama hasn't so much run a campaign as he has ran a promotion. Except, this idiot "rock star" is going to run our country.

I wonder who Jerry Springer and Oprah endorsed?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

Could someone, anyone please point out where in the video she says that she expects these things to be taken care of for her?

There have been many assumptions thrown around on what her intended meaning was, however, [edit]no one has[edit] proven that she indeed thinks that she's gonna get her bills paid by Obama.

She could, for example, have meant "help" in the sense that Obama's proposed tax cuts would make it easier for her to pay her bills, and in turn this would help her.

[edit on 11/2/2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by -zeropoint-

I am fluent in four different languages, which one would you like to debate in?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
By the way, deathhasnosound, you have not answered this question;

originally posted by deathhasnosound

I wish she was excited about help from the government to further her education so she can get a better job

What evidence do you have she is not?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Obviously, what one person thinks, is precisely that. What one person thinks. Nothing to see here

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I really despise how supporters of either candidate are portrayed. EVERYONE has their own views, opinions, and no two people are alike in thinking. People need to stop categorizing liberals and conservatives as all being or thinking a certain way.

I know conservatives arent all redneck hicks. And I know all liberals are flower toting hippies.

We are all just people with different opinions, and some opinions are stronger than others.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
hah I meant liberals arent* all flower toting hippies

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123
hah I meant liberals arent* all flower toting hippies
That my dear, was a freudian slip!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

She didn't say it in the video. I mean since all counter arguments are being based on what is in the video I will just join you.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

I'm only going by what she actually said, unlike you who is[edit-are] assuming what she meant.

Until you can without a doubt prove your point without using assumptions, I will not accept it.

And, it would be great if you could address the question above which you have not answered.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Look, spin it however you want. you know I am right but you struggle to maintain your political correctness. Let it go and see how free you will feel! Political correctness is a killer.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

I don't have to spin anything.

The facts are, she didn't say anything about anyone paying her bills for her, and she didn't say anything about getting welfare.

You assumed that was what she meant.

Correct?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
She said

"I never thought this day would happen"
"I won't have to worry about putting gas in my car"
"I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage"
"If I help him he's gonna help me"

This sounds like someone who just won the lottery or perhaps just someone who just found god/jesus.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

Exactly. Thank you for the quote.

Did she say one word about welfare?

Did she say one word about Obama paying her bills for her?

No, she didn't.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
Or is it possible... just possible she's thinking she won't have to worry about these things because in an Obama administration she just might be able to get a decent job that pays a decent wage and she'll be able to do those things because the hard work she has put in for the last 20 years will finally begin to pay her back a little?

Now that's FUNNY!

IF you even begin to believe that a President can "create" jobs without creating a huge tax burden then you need to stop smoking crack.

IF you even believe that jobs will be created when the economy is slowly spiraling down the toilet then you need to stop smoking crack.

Obama has done the same campaign as George W. Bush in 2000, said nothing concrete, given vague promises, and been suckering in the folks.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
She said

This sounds like someone who just won the lottery or perhaps just someone who just found god/jesus.

Thank you PS,
And to chickenShoes(?!)
This is about an ocean of ignorant people who believe that government should save them from the stupid decisions they have made in the past.

Let me translate that:
The people who have made smart decisions, and acted responsibly, not spending everything they make, should now be punished for being wise by "redistributing the wealth" they have earned and give it to those who made very ignorant decisions and did spend everything they have.

That is why democrats are despised by the most productive and wisest people in the country.

AND PLEASE NOTE: I did not say republicans=wise because the current politicians calling themselves republicans, don't give a hoot about preserving the strength of the republic of states and they certainly don't conserve the constitution or fiscal responsibility, as any descent conservative should.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies

She said

Thank you PS,
And to chickenShoes(?!)
This is about an ocean of ignorant people who believe that government should save them from the stupid decisions they have made in the past.

Let me translate that:
The people who have made smart decisions, and acted responsibly, not spending everything they make, should now be punished for being wise by "redistributing the wealth" they have earned and give it to those who made very ignorant decisions and did spend everything they have.

That is why democrats are despised by the most productive and wisest people in the country.

AND PLEASE NOTE: I did not say republicans=wise because the current politicians calling themselves republicans, don't give a hoot about preserving the strength of the republic of states and they certainly don't conserve the constitution or fiscal responsibility, as any descent conservative should.

Fair enough, but the point I was trying to make was that she (the woman in the video) did not say she expected her bills to be paid by the government.

She didn't say a word about welfare.

So, what puzzles me is why anyone is assuming that is what she meant.

You could just as easily assume she meant that under Obama, the middle class will get tax breaks, the price of gas will be more reasonable, and he will do something about the mortgage crisis, thereby taking away from the worry of wondering where we're all [edit-she's] going to get the money to pay our [edit-her] bills.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

That's why.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

Ok, where does she say anything about getting welfare?

You could still assume that what she meant by that is that if she helps Obama by voting for him, he's going to help her by cutting her taxes, controlling gas prices and doing something about the economy, thereby alleviating her worries about how she's going to pay for gas and housing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join