It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this what Obama supporters think?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic

Originally posted by deathhasnosound
Meaning that she will receive help from the government to do these things.
Nothing wrong with that. except she expects more welfare.

What evidence do you have to support this assumption?

I wish she was excited about help from the government to further her education so she can get a better job

What evidence do you have she is not?

I see you missed my questions, so I will repeat them.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
just made a post on what im following for opinions on the race in general..see the real signs people. look.."beneath" the pale.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And now that I read over some of the other responses and watch the video again, I realize her expectations aren't extreme. Frankly, I won't have to worry as much about putting food on the table or putting gas in my car after Obama's tax cuts for the middle class take effect, either.

Some prejudices here couldn't be more blatant or more clear. Why is it always about race? It's pretty sickening...

He's lying about that and he knows it. Look at it this way, When his tax the rich bill is going through congress some congresscritter will stand up and convince them that " It isn't fair to only tax the rich" and you will be paying higher taxes.

It won't take much convincing with a Democratic controlled House and Senate.

OR, once Obama takes office, he will tell us that he didn't know how bad things really are and the middle income citizens will now have to sacrifice more.

Roper

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by chickenshoes
Tell me then, why did you assume she's on welfare? Did she say she was?
She was speaking about "help" don't pretend that isn't code for welfare. YOU KNOW HELP IS WELFARE.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

Really??????? The word help is code for welfare???????

Ok, what is your source[edit-basis] for that gem?

[edit on 11/2/2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

OK, let's look at this in some detail. Unless you know this woman personally, or have some additional information on her that you have not publicized in this thread, what do you know about her?

1) She is a woman
2) Maybe a little bit overweight
3) She has at least one daughter
4) She is African-American
5) She is an Obama supporter
6) Looks to be maybe in her thirties, although that is conjecture

Now. You talk about "code words", i.e. "Help" = "Welfare". On what do you base this? Would you have the same judgment if the speaker had been a white man with a John Deere hat?

You have yet to answer my questions regarding why you assume she is talking Welfare and why she is not excited about the opportunity of a better education and better job.

Until and unless you provide some credible discussion and answers to these questions, I will assume you make the judgment you do because of some combination of the above 6 reasons. Further, I assume items 1, 4 and 5 are the most influential in your judgment.

Frankly, not much there, other than stereotyping.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I always enjoy reading these posts on obama. Someone can ask a simple question and everyone on the left, flames out and gets immediately angry. Then i just count the threads and see how long it takes for one of them to bring race into the picture. So predictable. They hate it when we pull stuff out of the media reports about obama, like they do mccain. We can say all day long that thats just a cook that happens to be voting for McCain, and they rant on about racist conservatives. However, if its one of their own, the double standard is set.

Give me a break

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalExplanation
Obama, well any federal leader can't really do that.

Local politicians have much more influence over your lives and what happens where you live, but funny most people never get involved in local politics.

Hmmm, maybe, although I'm not sure I agree. A Federal tax structure that dis-incentivises export of jobs is something a federal leader could do. Just for example.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

where I lived in my youth, south central LA
oh, did you ASSume I was white?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Then i just count the threads and see how long it takes for one of them to bring race into the picture.

You should have counted (or read) more carefully. A person on the left wasn't the first OR second person that brought race into the picture.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So would you care to point out who brought it up?
I thought it was chicken that threw the first stone.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

where I lived in my youth, south central LA
oh, did you ASSume I was white?

Not everyone lives or has lived in south central LA

I don't know what your race is, nor do I care.

Ignorance knows no color.

Just curious, why are you ignoring Open Minded Skeptic's questions?

I'd really like to see your answers to him.

[edit to add] Looks to me like you're the one doing most of the ASSuming.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenshoes

You should admit that you assumed I was white. You know you did and by denying it you show your true colors.
I would look in the mirror if I were you and ask yourself "Am I racist against whites?"

Oh and I don't even see that other guy's postings because he is on my ignore list. So I can't answer whatever lame questions he may have.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

You should admit that you assumed I was white. You know you did and by denying it you show your true colors.
I would look in the mirror if I were you and ask yourself "Am I racist against whites?"

Oh and I don't even see that other guy's postings because he is on my ignore list. So I can't answer whatever lame questions he may have.

Do not presume to know what I may or may not be thinking. You are not me, and you do not live inside my head, nor can you read my mind. The ASSumptions just don't stop with you, do they?

Again, I did not see you as any particular color, nor do I care. Anyone can be ignorant, regardless of color.

And, here are Open Minded Skeptic's questions, I think they are very good ones.

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic

Meaning that she will receive help from the government to do these things.
Nothing wrong with that. except she expects more welfare.

What evidence do you have to support this assumption?

I wish she was excited about help from the government to further her education so she can get a better job

What evidence do you have she is not?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Seems Death answered your question before i could. Maybe you should read closer before you start getting huffy eh? Its nice to see that my theory is not just a shot in the dark. Please people, before you get all up in arms and start blasting someone with an opposing view, read carefully and have an open mind, you know, that whole deny ignorance thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Those questions pretty much are the same as the one I answered for you, you just summarized it, he is asking how I knew "help=welfare"
and my answer is from where I grew up, in other words, personal experience.

(oh and nice try denying that you thought I was white
)

[edit on 2-11-2008 by deathhasnosound]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

(oh and nice try denying that you thought I was white
)

[edit on 2-11-2008 by deathhasnosound]

So am I to assume you are privy to some information about myself that I am unaware of?

Where do you get off telling me what I assume and what I don't when I haven't even mentioned it?

When did I ever say I thought you were white?

Oh, that's right, I didn't.

Again, I will repeat myself a third time for emphasis, I don't know what race you are, nor do I care. Just accept it.

I can assume this much by your baseless assumptions, and that is you are attempting to bait me, and I am refusing to bite anymore.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

So would you care to point out who brought it up?

You were the first one to mention race, but this post was the first to bring race into the picture.

Perhaps that poster is on the "left", but somehow I doubt it, they way he talks about Democrats.

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Then i just count the threads and see how long it takes for one of them to bring race into the picture.

And since this thread is, predictability, going downhill fast, if anyone has anything to say to me about it, please U2U me as I'm taking it off my favorites list... hopefully never to return.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Did you by any chance miss this part of my post?
"At first I was feeling it with her,"
That meant I was also excited for her. How is that racist?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think this is great. Think about it.
If there a so many stupid people out there that really believe this, it will be that much easier for those who are smart, to save, build wealth and become masters of the ignorant.

If you are one of the smart ones, this is a great opportunity rise above the ocean of ignorant masses and be handsomely rewarded for practicing wise policies. People like that will get get you far in life, if you can supply their desperate needs at pennies on the dollar.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by ATS4dummies]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join