It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Hanks new movie - Angels & Demons teaser trailer - is on youtube, A Must See!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I read the book in one evening it was so gripping! I was waiting for the release of a hollywood adaption with some trepidation since movies dont generally live up to 'readers expectations'

Having seen the trailer, the few scenes shown are exactly as i imagined. I personally can't wait to see the movie.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is GREAT! cant wait to see it, look fantastic

Great read too, Of the 4 Dan Brown books so far, this is the best by a long shot.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The problem with movies like this is that people who are not really into this stuff, but maybe have heard of it, watch this movie and say, 'Oh that's what it's all about', and then forget about it.

Any further discussion is always going to be tainted by this movie.

Also movies are hardly ever factual, most seem to manage to leave out hugely relevant points and change some events completely. Most people after watching the movie will not bother to read the book, which is usually more accurate.

Remember movies are not designed to educate, they're just entertainment, sometimes LOOSELY based on true events.

But for some reason a lot of people think their beliefs are made credible because there's a movie about it. A lot of people think it's cool to be a thug because of it.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CityIndian

exactly, i do not watch any movie made after 2002, and this is a waste of time too. People will watch this and say, the illuminati is this and that, and just base there opinions on something real, on a film.

Hollywood projects a totally different story around the world, and rememer many of them are high up in these things too, so to decieve the public is one of there main missions. Didn't albert pike say that in morals and dogma, it is important to tell lies to the public, as they are too stupid to know the truth.

On the thug thing your right too, american society is based on violence, and microsoft with the xbox 30 and movies love projecting how people should be today, and you wonder why people are the way they are.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Boo!
Boo!

Great now the secret is out.

All this means now is that everybody who watches this movie will think that they are now experts on the subject while the rest of us who have been looking into to this for years will be drowned out.

I always like the idea of knowing something that nobody had a clue about.

thats what i was thinking mate!

this pisses me off for many reasons,

1 the way they portray the Illuminati as some terrorist group against the Vatican with nuclear type substance

2 they always take serious subjects and dumb them down and hollywoodize them so people think it's all just fluff, and when it's happening right in front of there faces they don't see it, plus when real people who have been researching and talking about this for a long time ( many people here me included) people think your drawing from a movie, or you only got your idears from movies

it's all bollocks, if you want to use real life subjects make a real documentary movie.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

That's because we live in a system that puts the making of money before the good of society.

There are no morals in capitalism. So the freedom to destroy society, through thoughtless actions by a few people who can't see past the $, is not really freedom at all. But I guess EVERYTHING is for sale, and NOTHING is for free? Freedom for those who can afford it.

Anyway sorry going a little OT. But surely these movie makers can see what they're doing? Or have done? I guess they find creative ways to justify it to themselves? They're just 'reflecting society', for example. Well yes OK they are, problem is that microcosm of society they hyped becomes a world wide problem. The children really do follow the pied piper. Who's at fault, the children? They're the victims, surely?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Oh gosh, another flop?

Did any of you first read the Da Vinci code, and then see the movie?

It was horrible because of Tom Hanks! I kept waiting for him to fall asleep while acting in that movie.

Yuck, he must have signed a contract to be in more than one movie based on these books, because what producer would put him in another one?

They won't be getting any money from me to see this. I'll wait until I can rent it from the library for free.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Yuck, he must have signed a contract to be in more than one movie based on these books, because what producer would put him in another one?
That would be Brian Grazer, the same producer who put Hanks in Splash, Apollo 13 and the Da Vinci Code... I expect the film will do quite well whether it butchers the novel or not.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
i would have gone with a different actor, not Tom Hanks again, its just going to remind me of the DaVinci Code throughout the film.

Of course its Tom Hanks again. Why would they change the actor who plays Robert Langdon? Such a silly comment to make. That'd be like replacing Marty Mcfly in Back to the future II with another actor, Or Ripley in Aliens.

[edit on 4/28/2009 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well, I have read the book several times, and although it is fiction, the facts are there for the researcher, just like in the Di Vinci Code. I also cannot wait for the new Terminator movie,
Terminator Salvation

OK, I know what your are thinking, pure fiction, right? Would it suprise you if I told you Cyberdyne Systems is a real company?

Cyberdyne Systems is an established consultancy company, providing expert services in a number of areas:

* Java and C++ Software Development
* Internet/Intranet Technologies
* Computer Security
* Hardware Design and Development
* Training

www.cyberdyne-systems.co.uk...

And...that Skynet is also real?

Introducing our newest product.

SNP-Z06 series

SNP-Z06 series can offer up to 8.2 watts/cu.in. in a 2"x 4"x1.2" area with convection cooling. The safety conformity of SNP-Z06 series covers IT and medical applications. SNP-Z06 series is built with long-life components. For commodity application, ECO-Z06 series is the alternative.

Read more...

www.skynetusa.com...

And how about Artificial Intelligence?

Founded in 1979, the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) (formerly the American Association for Artificial Intelligence) is a nonprofit scientific society devoted to advancing the scientific understanding of the mechanisms underlying thought and intelligent behavior and their embodiment in machines. AAAI also aims to increase public understanding of artificial intelligence, improve the teaching and training of AI practitioners, and provide guidance for research planners and funders concerning the importance and potential of current AI developments and future directions.

www.aaai.org...

Put these all together, and what do we have? Read between the lines people, we are being warned every day, and most do not pay attention.

Yeah, it's all fiction, nothing to see here, move along..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join