It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: Obama aunt from Kenya living in US illegally

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Your left leaning ways and strong arm bully tactics are being documented and will be forwarded to those that care soon.
Believe me not all mods stick together and you may be surprised who is helping the cause.
So if I may give you some advice, try to stick to Canadian politics and if you must get involved in American politics use your brain and try to be like FOX news, fair and balanced.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathhasnosound

Your left leaning ways and strong arm bully tactics are being documented and will be forwarded to those that care soon.
Believe me not all mods stick together and you may be surprised who is helping the cause.

OK friend. My response after I finished laughing. The Complaints button is in your Member Center if you feel I've acted inappropriately.

Now can we stick to the topic?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
so much for the rumor for Obamas citizenship, now their having to go for something less so, honestly this story is just pathetic.. I actually feel sorry for those news stations that decided to put this on... congratulations for making yall look like itdiots

urgh.... yes this is the work of the "liberal media".

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Your left leaning ways

There appears to be a pattern from those on the right on this forum. Label anybody and anything critical of the GOP and the last 8years as liberally bias. Its the greatest kind of denial.

The truth wont always necessarily agree with you, this is what members such as yourself lost in the mist of partisanship have to come to understand.

Iv seen this on plenty of boards.. the mods are the supposed "fascists" and what not. Aint nothing wrong with a mod giving their opinion, whether you agree with it or not. Dont know intrepid well but from what iv seen his posts have largely been unbias.

I know of plenty neutral/independent figures on this forum who have time and time again spoken negatively of Obama, but the second they are critical of mccain or the GOP their ousted as liberally bias or facist or whatever you folks got going on in your name calling jar. I mean what does that say about yall?

So if I may give you some advice, try to stick to Canadian politics

Why should he? Whats wrong with the rest of the world having an opinion? The last time checked we had our dirty neoconservative paws around the world. The right feels its necessary to police the world, feel the need to keep a whole of Iraq, place bases in the UK and Germany and Japan... theres influence and dealings going about around the world by the US government, spys based in a number of nations... and your here telling a non-american like intrepid that he should stick to his own country?

Little hypocritical if you ask me.... or maybe it goes deeper... maybe you mean he should stick to his own politics because the vast majority of foreigners are very opinionated on your buddy Bush and the rest of the right?

you must get involved in American politics use your brain and try to be like FOX news, fair and balanced.

Sorry are you serious? were joking? I hope your joking... because if your being serious here with this "fair and balanced" crap then I need say no more.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Well see its like this. Many people believe the PRESIDENT should take an active role in protecting our borders and ensuring that illegal aliens stay OUT of the country.

Fair enough. But Obama is not the President. So I believe, according to your statement, the failure lies on the current administration. Does it not?

But I understand, that kind of crazy logic probably would not make sense to an Obama supporter.

You have assumed I am an Obama supporter because I have chosen not to use non-issues as decision making items. Just for your info I am not an Obama supporter, I will not be voting for Obama. The reason being is because of his proposed policies not because of the actions of his relatives. I would encourage you to make your decision in a similar fashion.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by harvib]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Are we sure this story is true yet?

If it is I think you'll find McCain has embarrassing family issues as well (hello his brother and the 9-1-1 call? priceless). I don't think that however disqualifies you from being president or generally says anything about you personally.

I already have people telling me the media is refusing to run with this story because they favor Obama, but I turned on the news today and it was the first thing I heard about. Both Obama and McCain have been media darlings at some point. Heck, McCain probably would have stayed one if he hadn’t made the media his enemy. Just thought I’d state that, because I’m almost certain someone will show up in a thread here claiming the same media bias, I heard it on the news three times this morning, all righty?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Obama Unaware of Aunt's Status

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama says he did not know that one of his Kenyan relatives was living in the United States illegally and believes the appropriate laws should be followed.

The campaign said it was returning 260 dollars that Ms Onyango had contributed in small increments to Mr Obama's presidential bid over several months.

I feel so sorry for this woman. She was just living her life and asked for her privacy and now she may be booted out of her life and back to Kenya...

You feel sorry for a woman who is intentionally breaking two laws - one by living in this country illegally and two by ignoring a deportation order of a judge?

I see. So you always make it a point to side with criminals, do you? This explains your blind affiliation to the Obama campaign.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If this is true...

In a Honolulu news conference on October 22nd Martin disclosed that Frank Marshall Davis was the biological father of Barack Obama, not Barack Obama senior. The Obama campaign has not denied Martin's claim.

Then she's not really his Aunt... Which is probably why he returned her donation, and why he seems to be okay with her being deported.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

You feel sorry for a woman who is intentionally breaking two laws - one by living in this country illegally and two by ignoring a deportation order of a judge?

Not two - at least THREE laws. Don't forget that she made financial contributions to Obama's campaign which is a no-no.

People should be disgusted by this. Obama claims he's going to help out the middle class and wants to spread the wealth around but he certainly doesn't put his own money where his mouth is, does he?

If he can treat his OWN family this way, how can you possible think he'll treat YOUR family any better?!?!?

Jemison

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Obama returned the money she donated.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Did he know? If he did, did he report her to the authorities? Is it a crime to not report if you know about an illegal?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Maybe she's banking on a little bit of leniency... you know, since a family member does have a good chance of becoming president and all.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
People whine about Joe the Plumber being ripped apart by the media, yet Obama's family seems to be dogged by the media without even saying anything or doing anything.

People bring up the fact that Joe the Plumber was investigated illegally, but don't bat an eyelash when a federal official lets the public know someones status as a citizen.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
That's not the aunti I knew .... (wonder when we'll hear that from obama)

She's an illegal alien.
She's living off the US taxpayer in public housing.

Obama claims he didn't know her status. BULL.
He sure claims ignorance of the people around him a lot.

Illegal aliens cost this country BILLIONS.
NO they do NOT do jobs that Americans refuse to do.
What they do is take jobs that welfare Americans should be doing.

A story at a rightwing site says that Bush43 is moving to protect the aunti from being deported now that she's been uncovered. What a wuss.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ohhhh, be careful now. She might just have you deported for saying that if her nephew starts running the show.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Ohhhh, be careful now. She might just have you deported for saying that if her nephew starts running the show.

I know you say that in jest Sublime (or I'm pretty sure you are jesting), but honestly thoughts such as that have crossed my mind. (not that I'd get deported, but that i'd get harrassed or arrested on trumped up charges) It's also crossed the minds of many people I know. When 'the dear leader' gets elected day after tomorrow, his brown shirts are going to be very busy collecting info on those who dare question Obamessiah and/or his policies.

I have no doubt about it.

This is pre-wwII facist germany. Redux. IMHO

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

So if I may give you some advice, try to stick to Canadian politics and if you must get involved in American politics use your brain and try to be like FOX news, fair and balanced.

FOX news, fair and balanced? HAHHAHAHA! Are you living under a big, fat, heavy, unliftable rock? NO? You're just a slick bias conservative? Ok.
Thumbs-down for poor attempts.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
I see. So you always make it a point to side with criminals, do you?

Uh... no. My compassion for this woman has nothing to do with whether or not she broke the law. It's a simplistic and ignorant conclusion to come to that I "always make it a point to side with criminals". I didn't say I was on her side. I said I felt sorry for her.

David Axelrod, the senior campaign strategist for Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., today suggested there was something fishy about the story of Obama's long-last half-aunt living in the U.S. illegally breaking now, with three days left in the presidential race.
Liberal websites such as Talking Points Memo have gone so far as to call the story a "smear," noting that the aunt's presence in the U.S. first broke in the Times of London, owned by conservative media magnate Rupert Murdoch was then pounced on by conservative media outlets (and others), and her illegal status was confirmed to the Associated Press by a federal law enforcement official.

Source

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by davion

Obama returned the money she donated.

Just because he returned the money doesn't erase the fact that she made an illegal donation.

Where is the outrage on this issue? Obama allows his own family members to live in public housing and in poverty and his supporters don't see anything wrong with that?!?!

It blows my mind that people are willfully ignoring all of the gigantic red flags that come with Obama.

Jemison

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join