It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: Obama aunt from Kenya living in US illegally

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Obama Aunt article

Barack Obama's aunt, a Kenyan woman who has been quietly living in public housing in Boston, is in the United States illegally after an immigration judge rejected her request for asylum four years ago, The Associated Press has learned.

Good grief. His own aunt is breaking the law after she was told to leave by an immigration judge.

This is embarrassing.

[edit on 10/31/08 by mabus325]

[edit on 11/1/08 by mabus325]

[edit on 11/1/08 by mabus325]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

Link doesn't work.

Fixed Link: Obama Aunt Article

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Embarrassing? Not really. And it must not be too big of a deal. If it was, they would've shuffled her back to Kenya already.

You know...there are more important issues facing this country than whether or not a man's aunt is here legally or illegally. Let's try and keep our eyes on the ball here.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

The collateral damage left in the wake of this process is amazing (or sad). Having said that, I'd be interested to know why she was turned down when so many other scumbags seem to get approved.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
You know...there are more important issues facing this country than whether or not a man's aunt is here legally or illegally. Let's try and keep our eyes on the ball here.

Actually, illegal immigration is a pretty important issue. Perhaps if we didn't have so many illegal immigrants working for cash and sending it back to their native country we wouldn't be in quite the financial mess we are currently in.

My question is how on earth is she in public housing if she was denied asylum and was supposed to go back to Kenya?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The best part is that this illegal immigrant is living in public housing.

It was not immediately clear how Onyango might have qualified for public housing with a standing deportation order.

Yay for sharing the wealth. Your tax dollars being put straight down the toilet, er, to good use.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

She is residing in the People's Commonwealth of Massachusetts, in a city known as Bostongrad. That should explain it.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Yeah, I too want to know what the real deal is here.
Why would the relative of a US Senator not be allowed to be here and be living here illegally and getting away with it. He obviously knows this. If he doesnt, he is an idiot and shouldnt be running for President.

Wonder how quikly this story will be burried, hidden, covered up, etc.

Unless its a big fat lie.

Guess we will find out soon enough.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Not really, actually I think I'm more confused now.. But it's late here and I'm tired so perhaps that is part of why I'm all confused about it.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Actually, illegal immigration is a pretty important issue.

I think the point being made is that it is absurd that individuals may actually use this allegation to form a decision. People need to focus on a candidate’s policies and proposals and not allow themselves to be distracted by allegations that have zero significance. Just my humble opinion.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
I think the point being made is that it is absurd that individuals may actually use this allegation to form a decision. People need to focus on a candidate’s policies and proposals and not allow themselves to be distracted by allegations that have zero significance. Just my humble opinion.

As opinions are subjective, I can respect yours.

I do not have the same opinion.

Obama is a US Senator running for President.

If he hasn't taken the time to check his OWN background - other than making sure documents that a substantial portion of the population would like to see are kept secret - he should at the VERY least, know if his relatives are living in the USA. And if they are, that they are here with the proper legal paperwork.

I mean, as a US Senator, isn't immigration control part of his JOB??? Granted, not directly, but definitively indirectly as a Legislator.

His own relative and he didn't even sponsor her for US citizenship? Hello????

Please tell me I am not the only one who sees this!!

Edit to correct typos

[edit on 11/1/08 by redhatty]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

If he hasn't taken the time to check his OWN background

How is his Aunt's background his? What does ones Aunt have to do with one's ability to run a Country?

he should at the VERY least, know if his relatives are living in the USA. And if they are, that they are here with the proper legal paperwork.

Why? Why do you feel this to be a candidate’s responsibility? I am having trouble understanding how this has any significance.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by harvibHow is his Aunt's background his? What does ones Aunt have to do with one's ability to run a Country?

Why? Why do you feel this to be a candidate’s responsibility? I am having trouble understanding how this has any significance.

Well see its like this. Many people believe the PRESIDENT should take an active role in protecting our borders and ensuring that illegal aliens stay OUT of the country.

Now if the President just happens to have relatives living in this country ILLEGALLY, and even worse, living off of US Taxpayers ILEGALLY, and the president KNEW this, then it kind of means maybe he doesn't care all that much about protecting our borders or enforcing our immigration laws.

But I understand, that kind of crazy logic probably would not make sense to an Obama supporter.

-----------------------

On a sidenote I think Obama is so very out of touch in some ways. He had to know she was there, yet he does nothing about it. Sheesh at the very least he could have seen to it she rented a place on her own and hid her away a bit, but why should he? Not a problem right? Just like his crazy racist minister did not worry him, he didn't stop going to that church until it hit the media in the middle of his campaign.

A reasonable person would foresee these issues and try to avoid them. But then again the true believers don't care about any of this so maybe Obama is smarter than everyone else afterall.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Wow, the fact that people don't care about this is mind blowing.

Obama forked out $700,000 for an election party in GERMANY, foreign sole no less, but can't put up a few buck to take care of his family speaks so highly of his integrity. Yes, we need this man as our President. We need to stay the course. It is in the best interest of humanity.

Could it be possible that his aunt's sister, his mother, was born in Kenya? Could it also be possible that Obama was also born in Kenya as told by his grandmother?

I don't know, but I would like to.

Oh, wait, Hawaii has sealed his birth records. No, wait some more, the legislation of Pennsylvania is trying to pass a law to force him to show the documentation proving that he is a US citizen. Imagine that? Having to force a canidate to prove he's a nature born citizen. Why that is just down right un-American.

I don't like where this is all heading.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Obama Unaware of Aunt's Status

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama says he did not know that one of his Kenyan relatives was living in the United States illegally and believes the appropriate laws should be followed.

The campaign said it was returning 260 dollars that Ms Onyango had contributed in small increments to Mr Obama's presidential bid over several months.

I feel so sorry for this woman. She was just living her life and asked for her privacy and now she may be booted out of her life and back to Kenya...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

feel so sorry for this woman. She was just living her life and asked for her privacy and now she may be booted out of her life and back to Kenya...

I have to ask .... do you feel sorry for Joe the plumber as well?

All he did was ask Obama a legitimate question and then the dems viciously attacked him!

I can't believe that this is yet another thing that Obama is denying having knowledge of. He must be the most blind seeing person in the world to be ignorant of so much around him.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Uh huh. And who exactly came up with this story?

Onyango was instructed to leave the country by a U.S. immigration judge who denied her asylum request, a person familiar with the matter told the AP. This person spoke on condition of anonymity because no one was authorized to discuss Onyango's case.

It was unclear why her request was rejected in 2004. A spokeswoman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Kelly Nantel, said the government does not comment on an individual's citizenship status or immigration case.

Information about the deportation case was disclosed and confirmed by two separate sources, one a federal law enforcement official.

I'm still asking "who" as it isn't in the article. In fact it states, "the government does not comment on an individual's citizenship status or immigration case." I'll wait for some corroberation.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I have to ask .... do you feel sorry for Joe the plumber as well?

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I feel kind of sorry for the guy to tell you the truth.

From this post

I'm going to look into this Aunt story some more and see what I can find out.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

For a canadian you sure are interested in US politics. And it is very clear who's side you're on.
I would expect more from a mod

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathhasnosound
reply to post by intrepid

For a canadian you sure are interested in US politics.

As a matter of fact I am. You should expand beyond a small perspective.

And it is very clear who's side you're on.

I'm on the side of "no BS".

I would expect more from a mod

That's just childish. It's also a weak argument.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join