It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Webbot: Picture of the future?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA
To explain, the Webbot is made of many differents informations sources, its evolving with the datas we're feeding it, it build his database with the fast evolutions of news and gossip comming from all around the world..

To speak more coherently, its a "mirror" of our own tought or what we would like to see

But surely this is probably the least accurate way of predicting/forecasting the future as the vast majority of "gossip" and news is incorrect. Also I do genuinely believe that some of the things on the news are smoke screens and are coverups/lies from the government etc

50% of what I read in a newspaper is simply not true, and I've lost count of the number of times I have read the same story/article in one or more newspapes$r and the facts/figures have been drastically different.

I'm interested/believe the GCP more because although its the same in principle it talks about influencing binary numbers of which can only be a 1 or a 0. Theres nothing to influence, control, persuade there - just simply numbers.

Although the idea does sound a little stranger!

[edit on 1/11/08 by Death_Kron]

[edit on 1/11/08 by Death_Kron]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If you are trying to use emotions as relevant data, you have to be aware of the following:

Emotions are affections (same as ideas). That means they are result of ignorance, of not-clearly-understanding.
Both emotions and ideas are projections. Future is a projection. Introducing future as a fact is turning present into a fiction.
Such nature of emotions disqualifies them as an active principle (they are unstable, unreliable). Emotions are re-active. Emotions are reactions.
Emotions are not a cause of action.

Fear is not an archetype. Fear is an expression of a system falling apart, a reaction to a breakdown. A sudden release of energy.
Fear can be induced by simply thinking (projecting, imagining) about a system falling apart.
This is the most common source of fear - it happens to those who tend to project the future and who don't realize that it is just a projection.
Where there are emotions and/or ideas - there is no understanding.

Investing energy into emotions or ideas may result in a catastrophe (explosion).
Maintaining emotions consumes energy.
Producing emotions is a good way to waste peoples' energy into something totally uncreative, but with a certain risk from crackdown (like emotionally induced massacres in recent times).
Emotional and indoctrinated people are easy to manipulate, usually there are "triggers", words or deeds, which can activate certain behavior - reaction.
This is the furthest where "predictability" can go. You can use statistics to determine what those "triggers" are - this is what predictability is about.

Private property is an emotion. The emotion of "being threatened". Try not to feel threatened about some objectives, those objectives will not be considered (by you) your property.
The whole political system is built upon this emotion of "being threatened". It's all about security. There are too many references and proofs for this, I don't intend to give examples here.
Since emotions are projections, the one who feels threatened projects this feeling on others.
The result is the "philosophy" that everybody else is also feeling threatened and because of that taking appropriate "measures", of which many can be aggressive, preventive in nature.
This creates a world in which threats prevail and adequate measures are introduced into such reality.
This is what our reality is about.
Such projection which is all about threats produces fear.
Those who don't understand what is going on "fear the future". But, since the future is a projection itself, it only reflects the emotion which is articulating itself.
Feeling threatened is expressed as such prophecies.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
)continuing previous post)

What is really important to understand is that fear, as an expression of a system falling apart actually marks the moment when the energy is released from the failing structures of reality into which it was originally invested. This release of energy is a stress in human organism, it is experienced as anxiety (unpleasant feeling).
The quickest way to re-use it is to project - that brings the relief. But this is also the worst way to deal with surplus energy.
The whole system is about that - surplus energy is spent on producing various projections of the Hollywood type - "having fun".
The movies industry does exactly that: by using suspense, thrill, horror, etc. it brings about fear and then immediately assures you that this is not for real, it quickly transforms this unpleasant anxiety into a "positive" feeling - which is qualified as "fun".

This whole process is just about one thing: preventing using free energy in a creative way. Because that would be dangerous.
Those who feel threatened will never allow a possibility that energy is used in a creative way. Because, then, the effect can not be predicted.

I wonder if Time Monks are aware of this...

Conspiracy theories may be right about all the facts, even of the way they are being manipulated. But conspiracy theories are in most cases wrong about one thing: that those, the PTB are aware of what they are really doing (may God forgive them). Their behavior is not creative (like Evil Creative). It is simply reactive, and their urge to react (to the mentioned emotion) is the urge of "survival". The emotion wants to survive and it needs to be fed the necessary energy. The bigger, the more comprehensive this bubble of projected reality is (the idea of NWO is the ultimate idea of a global threat - global terrorism, a true expression of this feeling), the more energy it needs to sustain itself. This energy is acquired from people, by inducing this same feelings in people and thus controlling them (stealing their energy, actually pinning their "attention" to certain projections) by using those induced emotions as a fuel and a steering wheel at the same time.

This kind of energy is the only kind of energy that makes the present political system possible.
The present crisis is not the oil crisis or some such, or aliens, it is about "faith" in this system which is rapidly decreasing.

This is why I could easily predict some horrible things to happen in order to confirm the need to feel threatened.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by DangerDeath]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

So...you're making a future prediction, that future predictions are not reliable?

Lol.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Excellent post made by Mikesingh!

A way better description of how webbot operates

When a "target word" is found, or something that is lexically similar, the web bots take a small 2048 byte snip of surrounding text and send it to a central collection point. The collected data at times approached 100 GB sample sizes. The collected data is then filtered, using at least 7-layers of linguistic processing in Prolog, which is then reduced to numbers and then a resultant series of scatter chart plots on multiple layers of Intellicad. Viewed over a period of time, the scatter chart points tend to coalesce into highly concentrated areas. Each dot on the scatter chart might represent one word or several hundred.

The core of the technology therefore is to look at how the scatter chart points cluster - condensing into high "dot density" areas called "entities" and then dissolving or diffusing over time as the entities change. Do a drill down into a dot and you get a series of phrases...

Since then there have been a slew of predictions, some of which follow:

• The Space Shuttle Columbia tragedy when the bot predicted a maritime disaster.
• It accurately predicted the New York blackout in 2003.
• It forecast a major event in relation to Las Vegas 65 days prior to 9/11 - when the terrorists were actually in Las Vegas.
• The bot stated there would be an attack related to a commemorative event prior to an American 587 crash on Veteran's Day.
• It read that there would be an attack on the house or assembly prior to the anthrax scare.
• The bot stated gun shot wounding referenced to Vice President Dick Cheney.
• Anthrax attack in Washington DC in 2001.
• Massive east-cost power outage in 2003.
• Earthquake in August 2004.
• Water-rising which lead to the Tsunami in December 2004.
• Hurricane Kathrina in 2005.
• Crash of the US dollar beginning late 2007

[edit on 1-11-2008 by djpyro21]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
im waiting for nov. 14 2008 to come from web bot prediction. for a loud noise to be heard round the world. im ready, lets go. seeing is believing, this one is easy to remember, its 4 days after my birthday. come on, wheres the beef.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Danish
So... I take it that Webbot is a pessimist?

They all but said that there would be a nuclear event in the USA on Oct. 7th and ... NADA. So yeah. Future = not predictable.

No, they didn't say that. They said there would be an event take place that may not be noticed at the time, but would be looked at in the future as the turning point leading to a very significant[edit-turn of] event[s].

[edit on 11/1/2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
the witches etc. could just be picking up on halloween party threads.

that being said - weird that it's later in november.

I have to admit - and maybe it's from too much ATS browsing, that I feel 'in my bones' that there is another shoe about to drop. I feel like there could be a big boom sound in our future. And that's not a very positive feeling, and I'm a pretty happy go lucky sort so I can't imagine what emos are blogging into web bot.

I had my own little prediction (nightmare) months back the night before the Chinese earthquake that there was an earthquake and that 3 witches flew in the sky over San Francisco (which is where I thought the earthquake was) and one of them made a really amplified cackle noise that scared me to the core. And my immediate thought was, this isn't exciting or cool any more - I want this to stop. Then I woke up. And I haven't been able to forget it.

I don't remember my dreams usually. I actually kind of like witches, when I think about them - which is very rarely, so I'm surprised they were bad guys in the dream. And I don't see what they have to do with earthquakes. But, that morning I turned on the news and heard about the one in China and it freaked me out a little. Theirs was daytime and mine was when it was dark outside and in my dream people were out on the streets and crouching down behind cars and bushes for some weird reason. And then these witches flew over. Very odd. But the web bot words reminded me of it again. And that sound - her cackle - it was so loud the whole city could hear it. Weird.

I wonder if other people are having dreams like that and blogging about it for the web bot to pick up?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It is unclear how accurate these are but it is also unclear that they are not accurate as well. I see them like when viewing a horoscope. The wording can be fit into a ton of different scenarios and then look it predicted it. Irregardless though it sees the information in a way we can not. I would not rely on it but would also not ignore it. Be aware of what is going on and be as prepared as you can be.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
well in 13 days, well see if theres a "loud boom" and if so, were screwed, lol. whats the deal with witches and sorcerors? thats pretty random.im looking at these words and think of two things.. one is a catastrphic even to te earth, i mean like an astroid hitting it or a super volcano eruption that spills super amounts of water over our lands.

or, of course, that nuke thats lost in the US (ATS)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I can accept that stock prices are the result of human emotions and that searching the web like the bot does may pick up communications that will reflect general trends or insider trading info and confidential reports and thus predict stock prices.
I do not see how it can predict natural disasters because, as far as I know, hurricanes don't use the web. All I can think of is what was suggested earlier --- that the bot is seeing communications regarding dreams and prophesies and is summing them up, correctly or incorrectly, as a kind of average prediction from all levels of ability in seeing the future. The bot has been wrong by wide margins and also startlingly correct. If enough predictions are made with multiple interpretations for each, the chances of a hit are increased and no one remembers the wrong predictions when one big one comes true.
An additional weasel is to use the idea that key things happened on a failed prediction date that will be revealed later. Certainly, if it crawls over ATS it will get some great conspiracy pedictions.

The description for November sounds like an assassination that will change the world. This could also be interpreted as a failing of an economic system or anything else. This should be interesting year for all of us observers and interpreters of the world.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I guess we should be cautious but there is no point in worrying about it until the day comes, If nothing happens just continue the way you live as normal.

You can't really prepare for anything like this as we don't know if the predictions are correct or even if they are invalid.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

I do not see how it can predict natural disasters because, as far as I know, hurricanes don't use the web.

In a sense, we are all psychic and our thoughts from the future leak back into the present and the webbot picks up on the archtypes present in our language. As been mentioned many times, it is not simply a search engine that reports back what people are gossiping about.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Seriously, what everyone needs to remember here, no matter if you believe what the web bot tells you or not, there's no way of knowing for sure. The 'show me proof' argument has very little substantial ground in any discussion just because of that; if there was proof, do you think we would be debating its validity right now?

If you trust what this thing tells you, be aware of it, but don't base your judgment and emotions off what it tells you. Don't let it sway your opinion either way. Just be aware.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenshoes

Here is a page that displays all of the major world events on October 7th, 2008. Maybe you can find the "turning point" event here:

www.maplandia.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Ope, i saw Revolution in there. We're ok then

And I don't believe this stuff since it is a web bot saying this but it doesn't seem too far off from the truth with the shock thing. The collapse of the stock markets seems like it would be the "shock heard around the world."

I am an American but I R NOT FRAID! I can accept that this could happen because what goes around comes around y'know? We live our high standards and make other parts of the world suffer for it and now we are getting what I call payback. Even if it is caused by our own countrymen we deserve it.

CHEERZ!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I have talked with Cliff via email and know my way around databases and SQL as well as programming. Even with what I know I'm not sure how scientific their method is for gathering data.

They use keywords which are of a decidedly negative bent so the bots pick these words up and the words around that particular word in terms of context text.

The human component is the bias of the keywords used themselves as well as the interpretation of the results.

There is a positive side which is being ignored.

The ideal scenario would be to gather pure data and have the DATA decide what the keywords are based on the number of instances of that particular word. This would take supercomputers with Tera bytes of storage and massive speed.

The web bot project is interesting but I wouldn't base my life's decisions on it.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MoothyKnight

Does anyone care to share the results of the HalfPastHuman newest Alta report which was released to subscribers last night? It is supposed to provide new and more detailed suggestions about potential events over the next 3 months.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hah, people rely way too much on predicitions and want to know about the future too much

Why cant the just live in the moment and what ever happens in the future, happens?

Why live your life in fear of what could happen in a couple years? Stop paying attention to those things people. It's not gonna make your life any easier knowing what could happen to all of us. Whether it be tomorrow, or 100 years from now.

Just make the most of your day while you still are alive. Thats the point of living.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks. I needed that. Blessings to you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join