It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Webbot: Picture of the future?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Very intresting reading here. flagged (dunno how to star,lol) newb.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You can hear the whole radio broadcast with Cliff on the Jeff Rense show, at this website. You have to go down until you see the sheep in a black box, then click audio tapes, then Jeff Rense radio with Cliff from webbot.
www.aliendeceptions.com...
Webbot has been right on almost everything - including calling for early elections (Israel), also a Dec. 10th to 12 earthquake in Pacifc Northwest.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The really really big event that ocurred on October 7, was the entire World and 10% of Americans realized that Washington DC and Wall Street are packed full thiefs and liars.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Darn webbots. So good they can predict the future, so lame they can't form a sentence.

If I want to be confused I will read Nostradamus.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As I see it, the web bot is a little more reliable that the magic 8 ball. Sure it has had some hits, but so does the magic 8 ball. It is for all intence and purposes a 21st century prophet which is unreliable at best.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by djpyro21

This is a poem, found poem to be precise.

These guys (from urban survival and related) are monitoring the language as it appears on the everyday basis on the Internet, in various texts, headlines, etc. and trying to use it as a tool of prediction. The idea is that future events are anticipated in the language as if what people are saying is the result of the concentration of certain intents which are not yet fully articulated as events.

It sounds very exciting, but I think that Adams' advice could be used here:
DON'T PANIC

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i cant believe im going to experience this all in my lifetime....We are here for a purpose and it is this .

We have enlightenment in our grasps

and im going F-ing insane !!!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
the webbot is about as accurate as a drunk guy taking a piss.

please show me proof that is is accurate and then you'll get a star or flag. until that time please stop causing people to panic.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
In one of the links, it is explained that a person in a lab began to react to being shown a grotesque image 6 seconds before being shown, and this is used to prove a theory that global consciousness can predict an event.

I'm sorry, but EXPECTATION and PRESUMPTION cause the body to react and prepare. There is prior knowledge of what is about to happen, it is that expectation that causes the physical reaction.

Like a baby holding their breath in a pool, natural physiological responses would register prior to an experience that the body is aware of, it doesn't (in my opinion) lend any evidence to the idea of predicting an event that is not expected.

While it is fascinating, webbot can only tell us what people perceive, not what will actually happen. Thinking that something will happen, or fearing it will, and that event actually happening are two very different things.

I do find this idea fascinating and will probably spend a bit of time researching webbot, but I do feel that there is possibly an element of "selective hearing" going on, whereby those producing this data are only releasing it when they have an event to match it to.

On a side note, I do find it interesting that so many people are now suddenly becoming aware of something about to happen. From a personal perspective, far more people I know are openly discussing what could be around the corner, often expressing their belief that some massive social upheaval is on the way as a result of a genuine or manufactured attack/event.
Of course it might just be as a result of Russia becoming more prevalent in global news combined with uncertain times, and most immediately associate the word Russia with Nuclear fears, which would lead to social upheaval no doubt.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I do have a question about the Web Bot. I know many people give lists about what it has been right on before. But my question is this....Is there any Time stamped proof that these two actually released thier predictions before the said event?

And no i dont want to count about the Oct 7 prediction. I'm talking about it's prediction of 9/11, and the earthquake that caused the tsunami? Did they release warning prior to these events? Or did they mention these predictions after the fact?

If it can be shown that thier predictions were given before said events than i will put some merit into the Web Bot. If not, then it sounds like nothing more than people trying to make a quick buck.

I mean come on, if these "Time Monks" were really as concerned for everyone as they let on, then why in the hell do they not offer all this info free.

I have done alot of searches but i can seem to find anything time stamped with a date to show these prediction came before the events? And no I dont really count Oct 7 because anyone with half a brain could see what is happening now with the economy.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Nice. Guess I won't have to worry about people getting bailed out on the mortgages at my expense. For that matter, I guess I don't have to worry about my mortgage either! Or student loans! Sweet!

Okay, now for a bit of common sense here. The wording seems to be a bit convenient. I know, it's supposed to simply grab all of the chatter on the web and come up with these terms and such but you see, it is pretty much aligning with what all of the negative Nancy's have been saying.

Do I believe we are in trouble? Sure. But do I think the poop will hit the fan like this over the next 12 months? Well, I simply don't know. I don't want to be negative so here is what I am going to do. I will continue to prepare myself and my family in the best way that I can while continuing to live my life, pay my bills, go to work, work on starting my new business and simply LIVE.

If the time comes for me to kick into survival mode or simply get melted away in a nuclear blast, then so be it.

Grace be on you all.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
In one of the links, it is explained that a person in a lab began to react to being shown a grotesque image 6 seconds before being shown, and this is used to prove a theory that global consciousness can predict an event.

I'm sorry, but EXPECTATION and PRESUMPTION cause the body to react and prepare. There is prior knowledge of what is about to happen, it is that expectation that causes the physical reaction.

Although I want to agree with you I must point out that the above claim is not entirely true.

The test DID have grotesque images. However, it also had good images and complacent images and so on. You see, they didn't just do the bad stuff. The people began to react also in like manner to the image that was about to come up, not always in fear.

So, although I am not convinced, the idea of a global consciousness does make sense. We are a living entity after all. I'm not talking about each person as an individual either. Each person makes up a cell of this planet. There are still MANY unexplained things about this earth, us and our universe. Science is great but we still have yet to scratch the surface I'm afraid.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Oh please stop it will you, we are living on an unstable terra forming Planet that has been in constant change since it was born yet we all run screaming to the hills when some one predicts a natural disaster. So what, what would you expect living on such a dangerous Planet did you really expect any hhing else because I dont.

There are a number of certanties in life and one of them is that the Earth we live on will continue to change until our Sun goes super nova and engulfs it. That will mean constant change for all the life forms that inhabit this World so again why the shock horror.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Could the web bot be predicting a rise in water level as was stated before and if so, could this have something to do with what was described in a previous post about the US Army trying to get 11 million acres of land here in Colorado? If the levels rise, DC will be destroyed and thus the need would arise for a new nation's capital....

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yeak, the astrologers and seers of the modern age.

Trouble with predicting doom and gloom all the time is eventually your going to be right no matter what and then everyone ignores the dozen times your wrong.

It's like a bad parent.

Just tell your kid every day they are going to hurt themselves no matter what they are doing and be correct whenever they do

soon your child will become timid and assume it will be hurt all the time

Then tell your kid he/she is a looser all the time and back it up when ever they fail at something

soon your kid will be a looser

If I listened to web bots the same as the above would become true of my life.

I'm not much a fan of self fulfilling prophecies.

My Prediction

People who listen to web bots will create uncertain frightening realities for their own futures.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Not to seem like a jerk but the webbot is not exactly batting a 1000 lately. Last time I checked the project was at less than 25% accurate and that isn't even as good as chance.

I could toss out words and phrases and connect them to anything. Here goes:

Crash
Rip
Fart
Golf
Tango mariner
History channel off the air
Smiling Bob
TJ Hooker
disruption

Now, watch the news for a few weeks. If the market crashes again, Shatner dies in a plane crash with a Seattle Mariner. And the planes call sign is Tango Sierra and smiling Bob from those Enzyte commercials farts during an interview. And the History Channel announces it's going off the air, well, you get the point.

Spouting nonsense and trying to get order from the chaos is the definition of whack-a-do.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I am a computer programmer of many different languages. I have lots of experience creating "bots" and other scripts and functions. I know a lot about making working applications.

I have to say, the Web Bot is B.S.

A program is only as good as its programmer. To think someone can create a bot the predicts the future is ridiculous.

Ripples of time..... LOL!

NEWS FLASH - THE FUTURE HAS NOT BEEN CREATED YET - WE CREATE THE FUTURE AS WE GO - THERE IS NO PRE-PLANNED FUTURE, THERE IS ONLY A PAST, AND A NOW

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
Can this Web-bot really be trusted? Did the Web-bot not predict something major will occur on the 7th of October? And, of course, nothing major happened on that day, just as I thought.

I'm of the belief that the future cannot be predicted, and so far I have been right every single time.

Wasn't that the day that the Dow started dropping like a rock?

-rrr

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Word dawg.

I would assume anyways, a website titled 'Urban Survival' would sprout off of these doom and gloom symbolic phrases. Someone said that place gives bits and pieces of the message and not the whole. I wonder what peaceful and uplifting phrases they found and suppressed?

And no, I haven't visited any of the links. This all just seems like a crock of **** to me. No offense or anything, but its just a computer program, not even coded or based off of any substantial object/subject or overlaying theory. It just searches teh interwebz for word matches to a certain phrase.

Seems like the $50 palm and tarot read equivalent to Google if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

November 14th sounds like a Giant UFO appearing for the 3 days?

Maybe Blossom Goodchild was off by a month.

Just looking at this from a more positive perspective, but all those words could be associated with a global sighting.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Realtruth]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join