It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by OTTOKARMA
To explain, the Webbot is made of many differents informations sources, its evolving with the datas we're feeding it, it build his database with the fast evolutions of news and gossip comming from all around the world..
To speak more coherently, its a "mirror" of our own tought or what we would like to see
When a "target word" is found, or something that is lexically similar, the web bots take a small 2048 byte snip of surrounding text and send it to a central collection point. The collected data at times approached 100 GB sample sizes. The collected data is then filtered, using at least 7-layers of linguistic processing in Prolog, which is then reduced to numbers and then a resultant series of scatter chart plots on multiple layers of Intellicad. Viewed over a period of time, the scatter chart points tend to coalesce into highly concentrated areas. Each dot on the scatter chart might represent one word or several hundred.
The core of the technology therefore is to look at how the scatter chart points cluster - condensing into high "dot density" areas called "entities" and then dissolving or diffusing over time as the entities change. Do a drill down into a dot and you get a series of phrases...
Since then there have been a slew of predictions, some of which follow:
• The Space Shuttle Columbia tragedy when the bot predicted a maritime disaster.
• It accurately predicted the New York blackout in 2003.
• It forecast a major event in relation to Las Vegas 65 days prior to 9/11 - when the terrorists were actually in Las Vegas.
• The bot stated there would be an attack related to a commemorative event prior to an American 587 crash on Veteran's Day.
• It read that there would be an attack on the house or assembly prior to the anthrax scare.
• The bot stated gun shot wounding referenced to Vice President Dick Cheney.
• Anthrax attack in Washington DC in 2001.
• Massive east-cost power outage in 2003.
• Earthquake in August 2004.
• Water-rising which lead to the Tsunami in December 2004.
• Hurricane Kathrina in 2005.
• Crash of the US dollar beginning late 2007
Originally posted by Angry Danish
So... I take it that Webbot is a pessimist?
They all but said that there would be a nuclear event in the USA on Oct. 7th and ... NADA. So yeah. Future = not predictable.
Originally posted by pteridine
I do not see how it can predict natural disasters because, as far as I know, hurricanes don't use the web.