It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Webbot: Picture of the future?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
There is no such thing as: very intuitive, complex computer program!!!
It only exists in advertisements...

Web bot is a statistical machine, what is important is how the users interpret statistical occurrences.

They may be telling people what people like to hear

If they are using the stochastic method in interpreting, it only means that what they are doing is a generator of events, i.e. they are creating their own influence within the media (both Internet and consumers' minds) for particular reason (don't want to speculate on this).

The list which is considered a "prophecy" here is very much Oracle like. Such messages are mystique, they cannot be rationalized.

This is a very sophisticated (for the not initiated) game they're playing, it includes this kind of discussions as a jump board for further mystification.

The part about after November 14th is all metaphorical, while the beginning is simply headlines.

"Cascade about planet" - that's about stock markets dancing for the last few weeks

It's not prophecy.

Almost all phrases are taken from texts about present economical situation. It is more like a tool of description of what is going on right now, there is no insight here, just a palette.

This is by no means the result of analysis, it is the raw material which might yet be processed. (I doubt it ever will be, not by these guys).

The last part, about 2009: ungrounded predictions which only reflects present state of imagination. If there is a big depression, how will it reflect on reality: Abandoned Strip Malls - etc.

And all this is called a process? There is not a trace of a process here.
This is an inarticulate mass, not even a beginning of simple speculative fiction.

There is no rule, there is no method, there is no inherent logic, there is no way you can draw a conclusion from this.
You can only draw conclusion about those who stand behind this little game...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepCoverUK

Here's the most recent interview I know about. Follow the info in the post here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

here's the C2C interview from September

[edit on 31-10-2008 by venividivici]

[edit on 31-10-2008 by venividivici]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Let me try to clarify what web-bot actual does. Though I will admit my understanding is not top notch either. But, I believe that a better understanding of what this program actually does is in order. =)

The program was originally created to track and predict stock market changes. Its purpose was later redefined because Cliff and George had a private customer who purchased the services and a close acquaintance of that customer died, and the data had supposedly predicted/had caused it. Through looking at the data it also lead them to the realization that webbot not only could predict the stock market but also global events. That lead them to the understanding that the use of webbot has karmic consequences.

Enough of the history, this is more or less how the program functions.

Over a period of I believe 7 weeks webbot sends out programs called spiders. The job of the spider programs are to read web pages. Over the seven week period the spiders return with over 130,000,000 web pages of text input.

This text is then analyzed by webbot.

Each word is given a value based upon the emotional charge/wieght. For example there are many words which convey different levels of fear: dread, anxiety, horror, distress, fright, panic, alarm, trepidation, and apprehension. Each word is assigned a different point value(I believe in binary code). Words from all sorts of web pages such as gardening how-to and other forums are taken and given a point value.

Then these 130,000,000 pages worth of emotional values are condensed into one page worth values. These new values reflect changes in language, for example more use of the word dread instead of fear. Highly emotionally charged words such as ones about religion or politics do not change in their emotional charge/wieght and thus do not show up.

The real art form is searching the condensed data. Cliff High has stated that this is where the interpretation and manipulation of the data comes in. This is also the region where I don't have much information about. But, it has something to do with searching for keywords and looking at what associations come up. These associations sometimes come with archetypal meaning because archetypes are universally understood. An example in the keywords I posted would be bladder release.

Personally I think that this webbot project is amazingly fascinating. I had come to a personal conclusion through my life's experiences that events from the future leak into the present. This is nearly the same description of how web bot works. People like you and I subconsciously feel/intuit emotional events from the future. These feelings bubble up from the subconsciousness and are expressed in our day to day language. What webbot does is take the day to day language from millions of individuals and analyze the shifts in language. The idea is that by looking at the shifts in language globally, you are able to paint a picture of what even will come in the future.

Praemonitus Praemunitus

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Of course it finds gloom and doom messages. What else do you see on the web? If you were to do a search of this site alone, for "trends," you'd find that there is a great chance we are all going to die to a horrible meteor storm created by passing Nibiru, after which those NWO humans who survive in their super-secret bunkers, and who have not been eaten by tunnel dwelling lizard aliens, will take over the planet. It's predominently gloom and doom, all the time. Why? I personally believe people gain a thrill of excitement from disasters. Peace and Utopia are boring, ugh! Bring on the wars, killer aliens, hurricanes, death ray earthquake making machines, killer robots, NWO takeover, killer suns, thank-you-very-much.

I wonder to myself if it's a mechanism of having to work so hard to survive for so many thousands of years, only to VERY recently, have that need to survive reduced by the power of hundreds. For many cultures, this is easy street. I wonder if people's innate desire to have something happening in their lives to break up the monotony (i.e. to survive), makes folks want stuff like this to happen. I am not even saying it makes someone a bad person. I wonder if it's ingrained in our nature as a species.

How many people can name of multiple models of guns and ammunition, versus the last 15 nobel peace prize winners? That's what I mean.

On this site, I see some posts that are positive in nature. And those get very little response. They fall off the radar quickly. Versus stories of imminant disaster. Those bad boys get 20 + pages. You get probably one person out of 20 predicting a good event. Most are about us being rounded up and put into prisons, predicted disasters, secret agendas, evil governments, etc.

So.... you'll forgive me if I don't humbly sit in awe in front of a webbots predictions. It predicts what WE predict and talk about.. which is mostly your good ol' gloom and doom scenarios. Not surprising at all it comes up with these results.

If it can predict the winner of the Superbowl in 2015, and the exact score, then you know what.. I'm all ears.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by djpyro21

Excellent synopsis djpyro21.

In my opinion, The archtypes is what make this project legit. They throw out all common words or phrases that they get hits on and only focus on archtypes like fear. By the way, the words receive a hexidecimal value

They nailed the Columbia space shuttle disaster, 9/11 and the Northeast power outage and the recent economic crisis.

THey admit they are wrong most of the time but when they are right it is big.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by djpyro21

In some very strange way I can understand it. This I do know. There are forces in this plane, that defy all known logic. This battle will be fought on all fronts. It is the entire ownership of the Planet which is at stake.

A webot simply picks up on the cosmic flow of the outer, the spoken, yet there is another plane which is the silence between the words. It is in this plane we begin to move through changes we never dreamed possible.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I have read your post carefully and there is one thing that stays in my mind throughout. PERSPECTIVE. I do not mean to impose my personal opinion on life but i am a buddhist and i believe that there is always hope if we choose to make hope. The script you posted is very pessimisitc and i do not think it should bw taken seriously.

Yours hopefully

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
What it sounds like to me is this thing is predicting the death of humans, not the economy. It says bowl release, bladder release, and shock and trauma. Thats what happens to the human body when you die.. I hope its wrong, but who knows... The second part does seem a little more extreme then the beginning, so that kinda raises flags to me.

Some types of chemical weapons can cause you to release your bowels and bladder. Just wanted to throw that out there.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Part 8 of the C2C interview is mind blowing. They are talking about some sort of story this winter that will reveal a device (coherer) that has been found by a whistle blower who is on the run from the TPTB. What a great idea for a novel !!

au.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The thing that makes this most fascinating is the concept we are all to some degree or other..... psychic and we will sense these future happenings and change our words/language giving hints to the future. That's what Cliff pretty much says. They play with their linguistics database, tweak or add words/weighting after each run. It's continually evolving as they see and learn to correlate more stuff from what they scan. It's pretty hard to turn the word weightings into any semblance of a prediction. I believe their methods are extremely interesting to say the least. I've heard via the Project Camelot video that there are many other countries doing similar research to get a hint of what's to come. Their project is unique in that's a two man operation with George as a third to help give them an outlet for some of the information.

Upcoming things to watch for is a big earthquake during Dec. 10-14 in the Pacific NW. I live nearby and that prediction stands out a lot.

They have a lot of different catagories to store there sorted data. The most interesting one is called "Space Goat Farts" containing weird stuff that doesn't fit with other normal catagories. Stuff having to do with Aliens, ect.
One hit they had was at some point some of the PTB and their henchmen/bodyguards are simply removed from the planet (via unknown means). They simply vanish.

I wish I could afford the $280 price tag of their report. They keep it so high as to make it only available for people who have money to spend. They don't want a low income person using it to risk money in trying to play the market. It's dangerous stuff, but the market traders seem to be some of their bigger customers. Sort of if you can't afford the information, you won't be tempted to risk money you can't afford to loose.

Check out the Project Camelot audio. It's not the best quality, but great info.
Project Camelot - Half Past Human w/Clliff High

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
To all people that are being negative concerning the webbot project...A lot of the comments I've viewed from these folks...I feel few did their homework. They just gave us what they feel is a very educated answer...when in reality to those of us that have educated ourselves on the subject...know better. To those that choose not to educate... you fell flat on your face given your response. The webbot project was first introduced hoping to track future stock hopefuls...what they found...not only were they getting good stock predictions...but they were seeing events that came to fruition! It was by accident that they saw these future predictions. I have also seen and studied the idea of the Bible Codes and that in itself shows promise as the webbots do. What I think we need to remember...Nothing is written in stone. Maybe someone is trying to tell us something....? It's kinda like the Parent and the child. We know if our child goes down a certain road...we can always and most definitely predict where that road is about to take them...don't we then try to alert them to the dangers and hopefully they'll pick that road that won't cause a horrific event in their lives? Of course we cannot stop a major natural event but we sure as hell can make sure we go in the opposite direction...lol To the ones that do not believe in the facts presented...ATS has many many other subjects in which I'm quite sure would interest you and you wouldn't have to waste your time here putting others down. When and if these events do happen and your in the path of destruction...you'll remember your time here and get the hell out of the way!!!

I appreciate the person that started this thread...very cool. It seems most of you have found a lot of good puzzles pieces for us to investigate...put together and draw our own conclusions.

Let's try and change the things we can change...and get the hell out of the way of the other stuff that we may not change...lol

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
in each october day , something happened , then about the islandic bankrupt , there is not an official date you can put in every day you need to justify.
the point is that these guys are right about the system but ovviusly to forecast with perfection there is something missing ( maybe heisenberg or something else) , then remeber that their theories doesn't speak out the reality of things , but the interpretation of the version of things that comes(example : they forecast the man on the moon , not that this was an hoax )
byereply to post by MischeviousElf

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
So... I take it that Webbot is a pessimist?

They all but said that there would be a nuclear event in the USA on Oct. 7th and ... NADA. So yeah. Future = not predictable.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Danish
So... I take it that Webbot is a pessimist?

They all but said that there would be a nuclear event in the USA on Oct. 7th and ... NADA. So yeah. Future = not predictable.

Huh?

They predicted it where?
If I recall correctly they said that there was to be a linguistic release of which 40% was to be political, 40% economical and 20% military like...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceman84

I was thinking about it too, but very honestly,did you heard about thoses AI with the ability to actualy write books and novels by itselfs ?

the concept of webbot is pretty much similar

to make it clear, an advanced AI program can easily pick sequences from the currents most important events on the news of the world and mix it into a coherent text , easily interpretable for our mind, technicaly its a self inducing panic via standardized media and nothing more.

nothing really new

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
November 14th onwards:

Giant Loud Noise
Shock
Stunned
Bowl Release
Bladder Release
Shock to the Body which Causes Trauma
Thundering Shock Heard Across the World
Alarm
Release of Forces From Control
Breaking Loose
Cascade Around the Planet
Large Noise Shock
Breaking Fracturing

Fishes Seeking to Escape from the Net
Attempt to Flee
Induce a Panic
Panic
Destructive Forces
Without Previous Experience
Cannot Be Grasped.

If you analyze it a little, you may notice the catch words, which I have extracted from the OP, that point toward a disaster at the Poles where the mountains of ice crash into the sea due to global warming or other causes like earthquakes causing a rise in water levels across the globe resulting in a deluge that causes shock and trauma.

Fishes Seeking to Escape from the Net Attempt to Flee

This reinforces what I’ve said above. The Web bot has predicted many events earlier which have come true including the crash of the markets. Check out this thread for some more interesting details:

The Web Bot Project Predicts Apocalypse In 2012!

If that's true then here's another scary prediction that corresponds to that:

One of the popular predictions about Russia is that when the permafrost thaws and the floods come, nothing will survive on Earth but Russia. The climate will change and Russia will occupy the best inhabitable zone. Plus, Russia is predicted to herald in world peace and flourish in the face of good fortune.

Vanga also once said: "Everything melts away like ice yet the glory of Vladimir, the glory of Russia are the only things that will remain. Russia will not only survive, it will dominate the world."

More info:

Vanga was born at the turn of the 20th century and died 12 years ago at the age of 84. Her gift of prophesy made her popular, and soon politicians visited her to have their fortunes told.

Among her most shocking predictions is what she had predicted in 1980: In August of 1999 or 2000, Kursk will be covered with water and the whole world will be weeping over it. Twenty years later, the nuclear submarine "Kursk" perished in an accident.

In the same way, she predicted some other events of world history. In 1989: The American brethren will fall after being attacked by the steel bird. The wolves will howl in the bush, and innocent blood will flow. It happened as predicted: The "Twin" towers of the World Trade Center in New York collapsed apparently because two commercial planes - "steel birds" - were flown into them.

www.mnweekly.ru...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

In the same way, she predicted some other events of world history. In 1989: The American brethren will fall after being attacked by the steel bird. The wolves will howl in the bush, and innocent blood will flow. It happened as predicted: The "Twin" towers of the World Trade Center in New York collapsed apparently because two commercial planes - "steel birds" - were flown into them

mmmh personal point o f view , it seem fishy to me, Russian medias love thoses kind of "predictions" especialy when it goes against "evil America"

Ooohhh (trance mode) i can predict some peoples dont agree with me..

Amazing, i can predict things !

Sarcasms ?

yes... possibly

but i can be wrong

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
What it sounds like to me is this thing is predicting the death of humans, not the economy. It says bowl release, bladder release, and shock and trauma. Thats what happens to the human body when you die.. I hope its wrong, but who knows... The second part does seem a little more extreme then the beginning, so that kinda raises flags to me.

Wel I would Imagine this would also aptly describe what would happen inside the stock markets too, when everything starts to collapse...lolol

Stockbrokers would crap & wet themselves, some might have heart attacks....hehehehe

OK thats not a nice thing to say, but these words could mean anything really. Mrtial Law & mass Shootings by Blackwater troops (who don't give a crap about ppls rights, cause most of em are murderers, hired thugs & rapists),at Protests

[edit on 11/1/2008 by Ironclad]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Okay, so Webbot is basically a computer program that records text from websites on the internet and then analyses the content of that text assigning it an emotional value. This is then used to pick up on linguistical shifts with the idea being when one of these "shifts" occurs its due to the fact that some sort of event is about to happen.

The idea being the event causes us to change our linguistics BEFORE its actually happened. Obviously this goes hand in hand with the global consciouness project and is also similiar to novelty theory.

One glaringly obvious problem I see; how do you define the constant in which to compare the linguistic shift to? As far as I know, I would of thought people lingustical behaviour would constantly be changing due to the media, meeting new people, new lingo, fads in speech etc

Also, I know some people who talk and communicate (letter, email, website) pretty boring and nonchalantly. However, I know other people who commuicate with strong, emotive language as a matter of course.

Surely, the above two points would affect the webbot readings ?

I'm failing to see the correlation between linguistical shifts and major events occuring. Like I said, should our language and the way we communicate be constantly changing?

Can someone please clarify or let me know if I've misunderstood?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
To explain, the Webbot is made of many differents informations sources, its evolving with the datas we're feeding it, it build his database with the fast evolutions of news and gossip comming from all around the world..

To speak more coherently, its a "mirror" of our own tought or what we would like to see

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join