Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Al Qaeda recruitment is reportedly at an all time high because of the Bush policies.
Where is your evidence to support that statement?
1. How do we know recruitment is up at all?
2. How do we know that recruitment is up because of Bush policies and not because of an anticipated change of leadership in the United States in which
they believe they can push Obama around because he lacks foreign policy experience and they know it?
As for Bin Laden wanting to destroy the U.S., we know that to be true, but Al Qaida was trying to do this even during Clinton's administration. In
fact, all of the following happened on Clinton's watch:
* February 26, 1993: Islamic terrorists try to bring down the World Trade Center with car bombs; killed 6 and injured over 1000 people
* January 6, 1995: Operation Bojinka, an Islamist plot to bomb 11 U.S. airliners over the Pacific Ocean, is discovered on a laptop computer in a
Manila, Philippines apartment by authorities after a fire occurred in the apartment
* June 25, 1996: The Khobar Towers bombing, carried out by Hezbollah with Iranian support. 19 U.S. servicemen were killed and 372 wounded
* November 17, 1997: Massacre in Luxor, Egypt, in which Islamist gunmen attack tourists, killing 62 people
* August 7, 1998: Al Qaeda bombs U.S. embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya, killing 225 people and injuring more than 4,000
* December 14, 1998: Ahmed Ressam is arrested on the United States?Canada border in Port Angeles, Washington; he confessed to planning to bomb the Los
Angeles International Airport as part of the 2000 millennium attack plots
* October 12, 2000: AL Qaeda bombs USS Cole with explosive-laden speedboat, killing 17 US sailors and wounding 40
Oh, there is no doubt that Bin Laden was hard at it before Bush came into office. However, it was the multiple failed policies of Bush that 1) allowed
9-11 to happen and 2) Allowed faulty intelligence to be used.
The number one rule of thumb for any military man (commander in chief included) is that YOU are responsible for the incompetancies of your
subordinates. There is little doubt that Al Qaeda recruitment is up because of Bush. Bush's failings have emboldened our enemy, make no mistake.
Oh and in reply to your nifty little video, how about the actionable intelligence that sat on Condoleeza Rice's desk BEFORE 9-11 happened to no
avail. They avoided intelligence when they saw fit and they used crappy intelligence when they saw fit. As far as Al Qaeda recruitment being up, I'll
be back momentarily with the figures, provided I can find them. Note however, that I said that Al Qaeda recruitment is "reportedly" up. Reportedly
up according to Obama, and I trust that scum bag about as far as I can kick him.
www.anotheramerica.org... This site sources the New York Times in their figures on the recent upswing in Al Qaeda
recruitment. Noting more women being pulled into their ranks.
Lets see here is why Al Q likes Bush/McCain. They attack us on 9/11 and mess us up. In reprisal we attack Iraq and bankrupt our country. Yup Id
say McCain would be a good choice if I were Al Q.
The current problems are due to democrats sub prime loans for people who couldn't afford them. The Iraq war has nothing to do with it. A war that
most democrats voted for by the way.
People like you are allowed to be ignorant, because of people like Bush. He did what he should have done and waged all out war on our enemies. They
will think twice about the cost before they attack us again.
This content community relies on user-generated content from our member contributors. The opinions of our members are not those of site ownership who maintains strict editorial agnosticism and simply provides a collaborative venue for free expression.