It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Pisces - Can You Help Me?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I would love to do your chart Grock, either on here or in u2u. It's mostly a bunch of symbols and geometric aspects.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by seagrass]you see I have mercury in Leo.... here is a short/simple description of that

Mercury is in 16 Degrees Leo. You are usually quite convinced that your own ideas are correct and you enjoy persuading others that they are. At times, you are very stubborn and proud of your beliefs and principles, and you get very defensive when they are challenged. You appreciate truth and honesty -- you practice it yourself and expect it in others. You have good talent for organizing, directing and planning. You delight in being asked for your advice and counsel.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
MW, I think everything you said makes perfect sense, and it was through Astrology that I found "reasons" for my personality as well. The lost feeling of a Pisces is exactly as described... Finding containers and losing containers is hard on us.

I'm not sure. I'm actually talking more about genuine 'WTF?' depression more than general 'how do I fit in with the universe? It's so big and I'm so small' stuff. I know there's said to be some evidence for depression linked to winter born babies, but that's not really a horoscope thing as that feeling probably would be as equally suited, if not more so, to Aquarians.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

see how most of the planets are at the bottom of your chart? and the one planet at the top? That is called a "basket".

The Pie chart you are looking at is divided into 12 Houses.
The sign at 9:00 is your Ascendant/Rising sign and it is in VIRGO. I rest my case on the we have both, and you certainly do.
Also, your moon is in VIRGO and because it is opposite your sun in Pisces, that means you were born on a full moon. I have that too. Cancer/Capricorn opposition.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The first thing you need to do is look up Virgo Rising, Virgo Ascendant for some reading... and Virgo Moon. Sun Moon Opposition (Your sun is at 28 degrees Pisces and Moon at 29 degrees Virgo that makes it a strong orb and so likely a strong factor of your personality)
The Ascendant and Sun and Moon are considered the strongest of the personality/personal planets and so they are the most important to you.
Also the moon is conjunct your Ascendant... so that is like having two signs on your Rising. Cancer Ascendant because it is ruled by the moon would also make sense to you. (I have Saturn on my Ascendant, so I can relate to Capricorn Rising as well, and I do. )

So read on the internet, through a search, these items first.

Virgo Ascendant or Rising
Virgo Moon
Moon in the 1st house and maybe Cancer Rising
Moon conjunct Ascendant or Rising
Sun Moon Opposition
Sun in the 7th house
You already understand what sun in Pisces is
then you will have to roll that into a little ball to see how they would all work together in your personality. See if you can find some patterns in real life that these have affected.

When you are done, let us know if it "fits" lol
and I will help you around the rest of the chart.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

MW, I think everything you said makes perfect sense, and it was through Astrology that I found "reasons" for my personality as well. The lost feeling of a Pisces is exactly as described... Finding containers and losing containers is hard on us.

I'm not sure. I'm actually talking more about genuine 'WTF?' depression more than general 'how do I fit in with the universe? It's so big and I'm so small' stuff. I know there's said to be some evidence for depression linked to winter born babies, but that's not really a horoscope thing as that feeling probably would be as equally suited, if not more so, to Aquarians.
I'm not sure WTF and depression are linked to any one sign or time of birth. I know Pisces people who are happy with their lot. It may be something to do with a particular aspect in ones chart or purely a chemical imbalance, improper parenting for our particular nature, or the fact that the world is a damn confusing place for us to be.
I suffered from depression most of my teenage and adult life, but I have a hard Saturn aspect and a sun moon opposition that make it hard too. I take anti anxiety meds... but it didn't help with any depression I get, it helped with the panic attacks that seemed to get worse with a thyroidectomy. We are sensitive. We absorb the feelings of others and the world... we care. it hurts. And life has gotten pretty complicated. Not that it wasn't before... but we have moved away quite a distance from our natural course and nature imo.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Grock, also you can read the aspects of Sun Conjunct Descendant
and Sun opposition Ascendant. Moon opposition Descendant. Sun conjunct Venus (although it is a 5 degree orb, it is still significant) Mercury conjunct Venus. Mercury in Pisces, and Venus in Pisces.
Venus in the 6th house
Mercury in the 6th house.
Pluto in the 1st house, Pluto in Libra
Neptune in the 3rd house, Neptune in Sagittarius
Mars in the 4th house, Mars in Capricorn
Saturn in Gemini, Saturn in the 9th house
And everyones favorite, Uranus in Libra, Uranus in the 2nd house

Pluto Uranus and Neptune are considered generational, and they mostly affect that generation, but it can influence your personality as well. The are called the outer planets.
Nodes are also interesting... you have your North Node in Capricorn in the 4th house.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Moon in the 1st - Moon in the first house Moon With the Moon in the First House your feeling, instinctive nature will find expression through personal interests related to self-awareness and a search for true social identity. A healthy self-image and socially presentable physical appearance are important to your emotional confidence. Your day-to-day response to circumstance is strongly conditioned by emotional factors - lack of direction, moodiness, over-sensitivity and changeability are the dangers.

here is another description....

Natal Moon in the 1st is desperate for intimate emotional contact; yet desperation just isn’t part of his or her schtick. The emotions are hidden, played close to the vest, and, even when the Moon is placed in a Water sign, the feelings are encoded, kept as private as possible. The irony is that for those with whom the 1st House Moon person interacts, the emotions seem to be right on the surface; but they often misread what they see, never anticipating the lengths to which Moon in the 1st will go to conceal the emotional reality. And yet, when there is emotional shock, a displacement, something overwhelming, the emotions are very obvious to others, and this, above all else, is what the 1st House Moon works to avoid. This is a position that, when the individual chooses to reveal her- or himself emotionally, is scrupulously honest; but until that choice is made, he or she will do whatever it takes to obscure from the view of others’ their number one vulnerability. Why? With Moon in the 1st the emotions seem to be the Self, that persona we present to the world. The 1st is a survival mask, a personality we adopt in order to continue to function–it is a compromise between who we are and the environment in which we exist early in life. The emotional state melded to what is in essence a defensive mask can mean that it continually feels as if the emotions are part of the defense, in the best case a buffer to blows from the world, while in the worst case it may feel as if one is having the emotions handed to the world on a plate, served up and vulnerable. When any placement is below the horizon of the horoscope (that is, below the line of the Ascendant/ Descendant) it is mainly experienced on a personal level; think of it as a lens through which the individual looks to the outside world. He or she can’t avoid looking through this, and everything that happens in the life, whether it’s personally relevant to the individual or not, takes on a personal shade: what does this mean to me? Or rather, with the Moon, what does this feel like/ how does this feel to me? We look at the Moon to know what’s emotionally necessary for an individual to thrive. These are life qualities this person must find, one way or another. Serious dysfunction results from denial of the Moon’s needs; and the aspects it makes, and the sign in which it’s posited, tells us what must be fulfilled. Often, failure to ‘feed’ the Moon means that one is literally unable to develop other talents and characteristics; in this sense the Moon can create an emotional ‘black hole’ that swallows all other attempts at accomplishment and relationship. With a 1st House Moon, a good emotional relationship with the Self and the personality one uses to interact with the world is a must in order to move on to other development. With the Moon in the 1st we also should look to the House with Cancer on the cusp for clues as to what’s necessary for this person to feel emotionally whole. With Cancer on the 6th, for instance, we may see someone who needs a nurturing work situation or every day environment; with Cancer on the 8th one’s focus for emotional fulfillment might be on relating to the qualities of others, or feeling emotionally secure by accessing or handling another’s assets. The sign, too, gives us vital information, and the element can be most useful of all: when we know the element, we know the mode of emotional sensing that gives security and fulfillment.
edited to add link
link

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

*Moon conjunct Ascendant Your emotions are a prominent part of your personality. You are sensitive and intuitive. Your mother may have been a major influence in your life. Since the Moon is so frequently changing its appearance, you too may often go through this need to change your appearance, with an eye to perhaps always being abreast of the current fashion and trends. However it may also be that you prefer to appear somewhat different than other people, preferring your own unique style of dress and appearance. You may also appear moody and changeable to others, and only put on the face that you feel is appropriate for your mood at the moment. You are likely to be highly intuitive, and could readily 'pick up' on what other people feel, although you may not be aware of this on a conscious level. Picking up the mood of the public would be very easy for you, and you could very easily 'play to the audience' knowing exactly what the public want to hear. For this reason you would make a very fine actor or actress.
source

and another interpretation..

The Moon conjunct the Ascendant shows that you have some emotional hang-ups. You want close, intimate contacts with people, but you tend to keep people at arm's length because you are afraid you will become obligated to them. This fear forces you to deny yourself many rewarding friendships in order to be safe from anything that might develop into an intimate contact. You are a mass of contradictions: making demands on people but complaining when they do the same to you; expecting others to make overtures to you and withdrawing when they do; hoping for warm social contacts, but severing ties before they can be established. When you do succeed in forming a close relationship, you rarely make any commitment of your affection until you have been assured that the feeling is mutual. Although you are highly imaginative, you react to stimulating people in a generally negative and critical way. You are so emotional that it is nearly impossible for you to make a fair evaluation of people's motives toward you. On the surface you are independent, but you yearn for a quieter role in which you can enjoy the comfort of knowing that someone really cares for you. This can only happen when you lower your defensive barriers and learn to compromise by meeting people halfway.
link

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Now all that emotion and being in the first house of "appearances", needs to be rolled into the "ball" of VIRGO. What did it say about Virgo moon again?

The Virgo Moon is a truth-seeking Moon. This Moon mentally uses what it learns and is suspicious of face value information, possessing a deep desire to carefully sort through all available data. It is a cautious and serious Moon, being also reserved, methodical, analytical and critical. The Virgo Moon is a perfectionist Moon, possessing perseverance and good organizational skills. A sense of being in control is vital to this Moon and the ability to understand the feelings of others may be difficult. The Virgo Moon harbors a deep-rooted need for the acknowledment of personal abilities. In general, the personality of those whose Moon sign is in Virgo will lead a quiet and unpretentious life. These individuals are strong in intellect and have an excellent memory. Thus, a career of a cerebral nature is highly favored. Occupations dealing with health and healing are ideally suited for those governed by a Virgo Moon...a doctor or dietician, for example. The will of these individuals is usually good and they seldom find themselves in trouble. They are marvellous employees due to an honest and amiable nature. They also make for fair and just employers. Persons ruled by the Moon in Virgo tend to excel in the service of a company or corporation and enjoy social interactions. They are likley to have many friends and embark on many trips...this seems to be particularly true of the female governed by a Virgo Moon. These individuals prefer it when things are going well and may occasionally conceal or ignore problems (especially marital difficulties) in order to achieve such tranquility. However, people who fall under the jurisdication of a Virgo Moon do like to investigate the problems of others and their intellect is quite beneficial in this area. They are attracted to the study of both science and the occult, usually highly sensitive to those around them...which may be an indication of psychic abilities. Social, logical and clear-headed characters, those governed by the Moon in Virgo always appear to be busy organizing and arranging the next "big event." Although these individuals work well behind the scenes, there is frequently a strong social conscience which will question the status quo, refusing to accept things at face value. Communication is vital to those ruled by the Virgo Moon, particularly if it involves facts and information rather than "dreamy" philosophies. There is a strong personal code of conduct here, coupled with high standards, concerning friends and loved ones. Even though these individuals may not actually compose lists, they have the ability to think scenarious through into a logical order, rather than "firefighting" when trouble hits. Those governed by the Moon in Virgo will invariably plan ahead for all possible eventualities in a clear and most logical manner.
source

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Now all this opposes your sun in Pisces and your sun is in the seventh house of partnerships. But your sun has venus and mercury all in a line together. They are traveling close together at the time of your birth. If you look at 3:00 to 3:30 on your "pie" you will see them. One is in the seventh and two are in the 6th house. All in Pisces.

I will leave it there until you respond.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well seagrass never knew you were that skilled in this...

If you look at the thread on the general signs and astrology posted link on pg1 of this thread and find my post I go into detail of the true scientific study in modern western world of Planets/astrology and the proven effects on such things as career etc, who studied it scientifically first, second etc and the results in modern history.

Now to add some more, anyone interested in astrology learn about Opernicus! a must.

Also a must is learning the HINDU idea of astrology and what it means, the deep karmic reason that seems to explain it all.

Me Pisces Moon, Sun , Mercury, Venus
ascendant Virgo lol... well well what a chart.

Seagrass when you have time look at my u2u my friend, not for public display.

lol swims away, as busy anyhow...

mmm try search within that thread my user name and also Jung, and Mars and medical, will find it the info on the other thread, really rushing not being evasive and elusive at all:-)

Kind regards,

Elf.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thanks Elf.. I shall look at the thread link. Glad you are here. So you differ from Grock by the moon and possibly where they are placed. I shall have a peek at your chart when I have your birth time. (in u2u)
You were both born in 1973.. so your planets and their degree should be close... but one is born in CA and one across the "pond".

[edit on 25-11-2008 by seagrass]I would think the year of your birth should be ok to post Elf. I won't mention the rest. pinky swear.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Elf has moon in Pisces. So Grock and Elf should be very different emotionally... let's see if it holds true....

Moon In Pisces The Pisces Moon is a senstive and creative Moon, being artistic, intuitive and most probably psychic. This Moon is most assuredly a dreamer. The Pisces Moon keeps emotions hidden, although the inherent extreme sensitivity makes this Moon sympathetic to the plight of the less fortunate and may lead to community service. The Pisces Moon feels all things deeply. In general, the personality of those whose Moon sign is in Pisces indicates a character driven by emotions. Whatever appeals to these persons will attract them...music, literature or poetry, for example. These are individuals who change their minds very easily and to others, will sometimes give the impression of unreliability. When the "going gets tough," those ruled by a Pisces Moon will become discouraged. They adore change and any form of routine seems to literally drain the life from these persons. There is an easygoing nature here, but there is also a tendency toward shyness. Overall, the Pisces Moon is not perceived to be a favorable influence, often associated with glandular problems and obesity. On the outside, those governed by this Moon appear to be quite happy, but inwardly there is frequently depression and even a distinct lack of a sense of humor. At some time during the life of those who fall under the jurisdiction of the Moon in Pisces, hospitals, prisons or some other type of institution is almost certain to play an important role in some fashion. However, this aspect needs to be put into context and perspective with the rest of the individual's horoscope before any definite conclusions may be drawn, and it is vital that these subjects not become discouraged. The Pisces Moon can be one of the most appealing, sociable, entertaining and humorous of all the Moon Influences dependent upon other factors. There is a flair for music here...either composing, writing or simply listening and appreciating the art. These are emotional and romantic souls with creative ideas, a strong imagination and a desire to make the world a better place, although there is a distinct distaste for anything which is ugly or disharmonious. Perhaps the major key word for the Pisces Moon individual is sacrifice. If the need of another is perceived to be greater than that of the person governed by this Moon, then he or she will willingly give all he or she has to the person in need. These people possess a strong psychic awareness and have the ability to pick up on subtle signs and signals that others might miss. The greatest danger for a person who falls under the jurisdiction of the Moon in Pisces is the tendency to become a martyr and allow personal needs to fade into insignificance. Boundaries are difficult to define by these individuals and they could easily be guilty of getting involved in the problems of others without being asked...although the intentions are always of the highest caliber.
nevermind that they are both Pisces Suns. Try to separate the EMOTIONS(moon) from the EGO(sun) when comparing the difference.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Elf, just to let you know, I haven't studied any other kind of Astrology, except "Western" Astrology. I have looked into Chinese..but it didn't do it for me.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm a Pisces. And I've been listening to Art Bell for ten years.

Do I get a prize?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Elf, just to let you know, I haven't studied any other kind of Astrology, except "Western" Astrology. I have looked into Chinese..but it didn't do it for me.

Well I cant find a copy to read online, but a classic spiritual book of which I am lucky enough to have an original 1934 hardback copy, is Paul Brunton's "A Search in Secret India".

On my 1934 copy page 147 is where the English early spiritual traveller Visit's a Hindi Sage of astrology in 19th C India. "Written in the Stars"
I suggest all interested in the spiritual aspects of Yoga, Astrology and anything mystical get this book and read it.

I will put some excerpts from that copy here:

So Paul Brunton meets with a very sceptical nature a very learned and well revered Hindu astrologer, who gives a 75% correct reading on his life to date and also his current situation:

Astrologer to sceptical Paul

"Why should it seem impossible to you that such distant stars can influence the lives of men?"
he rejoins softly.
"Do not the tides respond to the distant moon in their ebb and flow? Does not the body of a women undergo a change every lunar month? Does not the absence of the sun make men more liable to depressed moods?"

"Quite so. But that is a far cry from asserting the claims of astrology. Why should Jupiter or Mars care two annas whether I meet with ship-wreck or not?"

He looks at me with an unruffled face.
"It is better that you regard the planets as being only symbols which stand in the sky; it is not they which really influence us, but our own past," he replies. "You will never understand the reasonable nature of astrology unless you accept the doctrine that man is born again and again, and that his fate follows him with every birth. If he escapes the results of his evil actions in one birth, they will punish him in his next; and if he does not receive a due reward for his good actions in one lifetime, he will surely receive it in the next. Without this doctrine of the continued return of man's soul to this earth until such time as it becomes perfect, the changing fortunes of different persons would seem the result of mere chance or blind luck. How can that be allowed by a just Diety?
NO- it is our belief that when a man dies , his character, desires, thoughts and will continue to exist until they enter a body of flesh once more and come among us in the form of a new born baby. The good or evil actions committed in the former birth will be suitably rewarded or punished in the present or even future births. This is how we explain fate."
footnote - one of the predictions he made that I passed over as preposterous nonsense has actually since come to pass even though the liklihood seemed so remote, the other main such prediction has yet to pass (elf- this is the 1934 copy he wrote many books and don't remember at the moment if he wrote later and elsewhere if that second came to pass, or is in later copies like the 1980's run of the book)

So without over quoting the Hindu tradition see the sky,stars and planet's are like a map of your your Karma, blueprint of your previous lives, and when the time is right you are reborn to live through that stored karmic potential, the sky only an ingredient list if you like of the life circumstances which you will have.

It is up to yourself then with Free Will and how you respond to those events and life experiences to shape future lives, and therefore future charts!

So Astrology is just in this view the working backwards of man of what fate holds for you in this lifetime based on the map of Gods sky, reverse engineering as such, and then extrapolating forward the energies and experiences that will happen when the sky is in a different position in the future.

Your Birth chart is the sum of the deeds of your previous lives, and can be seen as the cosmic or God's report card for those lives!.

Njoy.

Kind Regards

Elf.

Edit for spelling and Paul Brunton link here:Wiki on Paul Brunton truly remarkable man, and one of the First Real Western Silk Road Hippy Traveller's

[edit on 25-11-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
That was beautiful Elf. I used to say.. Astrology is God's computer. It was short, yours was better.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Sagittarius with Pisces rising, My fiance is Pisces with Sag. rising

does that count???

^.^
-JR

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join