It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Pisces - Can You Help Me?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
As a Pisces (born march 18, 1973 6:11pm eureka calif. usa - for those into such info), I feel that I am naturally inclined towards things of a mysterious or unexplained nature. Im currently doing a paper specifically about Pisces and how much of what ive heard or read about Pisces fits me or not, and why or why not etc...

Since alot of us here on ATS have similar inclinations I was wondering:
A) How many of us are Pisces
and
B) How many of you Pisces feel that the descriptions of your sign are correct or mostly correct? (i feel about 80% for me)

Here are some descriptions found on Pisces by typing 'Pisces' in Google:

www.astrology-online.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.pisces.com...

I value any input on this subject.
Thanks

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Grock]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
didnt we have one of these before? we tried to figure out how many of each type we got here. ill repost in a bit gotta dig through and find the thread.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'm a pisces. Born Feb. 22nd.

I will tell you that based upon a number of descriptions I have come across of what it means to be a Pisces, I find myself to also be around 80% in terms of how I am as compared to what I've read I should be like.

link   
found the thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
I'm Pisces. I haven't looked at your links here, but from what I've previously read about Pisces, I feel it's mostly correct.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Pisces here. Feb 22 as well. I feel that most of what I've read about Pisces holds true for me.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Thank you N. Tesla for the link. I look forward to reading it, however for this particular thread im basicly just interested in Pisces. I appreciate the effort, might there be one about pisces specifically that already exists? id be highly interested in that as it would help add to the discussion.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
plucky is a Pisces.

So what?! One-line! I can't give my birthday out, that would be insane!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well, it was 1979...but that is all I will reveal! I am a single girl in this horror of a world of Dick Cheney 4-headed dragons and such....

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Internet privacy you know. Some of us Pisces are a paranoid lot. I for one know indeed Death From Above 1979 is not just a band but my life-anthem; for instance...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Thank you plucky, i enjoyed that :-)

heres some info for quick reading instead of having to check the links -

Pisces is the 12th sign of the Zodiac and is represented by two fish swimming in opposite directions. The two fish symbolize the internal struggle of the soul within a Pisces. Often, the fish are swimming away from each other in a circle representing life after death or reincarnation. Pisces is considered a feminine or negative sign. Feminine signs are considered more passive, receptive and sensitive than masculine/positive signs.
Pisces are sensitive, humane and often idealistic. People born under this sign react emotionally to everything making them compassionate and sensitive to those around them. Rather than taking an analytical approach to life, pisces react to the feelings of others and as a result can be very influential when they choose to be. In the right situaltion a Pisces can be capable of incredible deeds. The positive nature of a Pisces and the fact that they are tuned into the feelings of others makes them socially popular.

Being able to read and react to situations makes Pisces one of the most adaptive signs in the Zodiac. They are very intuitive and as a result can be flexible and prosper in many different situations. The intuitive nature of Pisces also makes them a very creative and imaginative sign. Pisces are often artists, writers and dreamers. The strong intuition of a Pisces can also mean that they are very spiritual.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
wouldnt it be more interesting to put say the characteristics of a different star sign up then say hey piscies this is about us how much of it do you agree with

ill go scuttle away and hide in my shell now ^_^

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I didn't notice this link in your list. I don't know if you have been there or not, but I find it a great site.

www.astrodienst.com

I'm not a pisces, so I can't comment on that part of your post. As a libra, I can say about 80 to 85 % is accurate for me too.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I'm pisces born in dragon years, I read' this long ago and it described me quite well back then, i'm not bothered to read it again star signs arnt my thing.

web.singnet.com.sg...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
While I am a Fish as well, I really don't put any credence into the belief that most objects in the sky influence me the whole of my life based on where they were in the sky at the time of my birth. The only real objects in the sky to influence us here on Earth would be the Moon and Sun and those influences have nothing to do with what "house" they are in.

Sorry to burst your bubble. but the stars relative position to you on Earth have no impact on you. There is enough generalization in each horoscope for everyone to "find" something they can relate to.

For a test, I suggest you have someone cut out daily horoscopes for you without the Sign attached to them. I dare you to pick out the Pisces ones out of the bunch.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Pisces here.
Yeah that's me all over.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Heres some interesting information on what edgar cayce had to say about astrology, its alot different than what most people have been led to believe...

www.near-death.com...

www.arepnw.org...

www.geocities.com...

I find this highly interesting information that may help you with your quest.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
People still getting their horoscopes from symbols drawn in the sky 2000+ years ago? The sky has changed since then....

There was another thread on ATS about this a while ago here.

It talks about a Live Science website describing how your zodiac might not be what you think it is.

Here is the direct link to the website in question.

It's an interesting read to be sure.

Now time to check out the other links provided.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Shaker]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Ok, I'll bite. I am a fish, after all...also born in the year of the dragon.
I can't find the funny zodiac that described me to a T, but here's a close one up until maybe the last couple paragraphs: LINK

My step-mom is also a shade-tree astrologer and said something about me also being a "double taurus" whatever that means. Basically she said one is what I think of myself as being and one is what other see me as being and that reading horoscopes for taurus and pices would give a little more insight.

I can't say I completely buy into astrology, but there are some days when it seems to be pretty much right on the money.
I've had days where I went to visit my parents and after talking for awhile, my step-mom would fire up her laptop and whip out some astrological chart and then say things that would resonate with my thoughts at the time to the point that I have been convinced to remain open on the subject.

She also said that based on my charts I'm supposedly some kind of light guy or something, but I have a hard time making that connection and if that means associating with the likes of the GFL then I'll have to politely say "I'm not your guy".

As far as horoscopes being accurate, I have a feeling it depends on which horoscope you read. The one in my local paper is never accurate for me while the one in the chronicle is usually much closer to what I'm thinking about.

I think of astrology as comfort food for the soul. While it doesn't necessarily help in the real sense of the word, there is still the satisfaction and comfort factor that is provided and that is worth some consideration to me.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Thank you all for your replies, I appreciate the input from my fellow fishes

I dont believe in horoscopes, however I DO believe that the locations of planets at the time of birth are indicators of past lives (see the above edgar cayce information) AND that free will is a stronger influence and can therefore nullify any astrological influences.

Thanks again

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join