It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That's bullsh!t Ron!!
It's been taken from an internet tabloid called India Daily. It's crap of the highest order. In fact I've given a detailed reply to this in another thread. Darn! I dunno where the dickens it is. Wait! Here it is with my replies: Reproduced..

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I will re-post my questions because I really think they need some answering in this thread. I wont be satisfied with the usual pro and con responses.

1. Is it true that tourists and inhabitants dont have access to the area because it is a military zone or a disputed zone?

Not quite right. Certain areas in Leh and Ladakh have been opened to tourism. Others are restricted due to reasons of security. You see the Indian Army is deployed in the forward areas and one can't have all and sundry milling around the area. Are unauthorised people allowed to enter military bases with impunity? Same thing!

2. Is it true that residing lamas confirm "strange lights" and UFO-sightings? (This might be true, type in "kongka la" at youtube and you will find a tourist to the ladakh region confirming this)

I have met with Lamas quite often. I haven't heard anyone talking about strange lights related to UFOs sightings as far as I know. So all this is speculation. As I had mentioned earlier, Chinese met balloons do drift into Indian territory, sometimes at night. These are sometimes illuminated for identification. They could have been mistaken for those mysterious lights. (UFOs)

3. Have Chinese and Indian Ufology publications and researchers (other than india daily) ever mentioned or written about this? - This could be answered by the thread-poster from india.

No. Nobody knows anything about this so called UFO base except some delusional anonymous staff reporter from India Daily!!

4. Why have american websites such as Ufoarea and Ufodigest taken over the story?

They haven't taken over the story! They've just reproduced it. After all anyone would jump for a story that'll increase their viewership!

5. Is India not one of the few governments that publicly acknowledges the existence of UFOs?

NO. The Indian government has NOT publicly acknowledged the existence of UFOs. But yes, the Indian psyche accepts the reality of such flying objects which are part of their sacred mythology of yore.

NEWS OF ALIEN PRESENCE STARTLES INDIA
Staff Reporter, INDIAN DAILY, January 6, 2005

www.etfriends.com...

In Leh, a city in the Ladakh region, a local official confirmed that the Indian Army had moved armored brigades into the area

Lol!! So the Indian Army had moved brigades for UFO security duties??
That's news to me! Darn! Where was I?
Missed all the fun!! Lol! And Armoured brigades? In the great Himalayan Mountains? 18.000 feet high? They use flying tanks and APCs? Didn't know that! Or probably some sort of alien technology that moves them across them mountains?
A few light tanks could of course be airlifted into areas around Leh. But entire armoured brigades operating in heavily mountainous terrain for anti UFO operations?
(Sorry, I can't help laughing!)

Now that's the crappiest piece of info from India Daily!! It's total hogwash! Himalayan heights of absurdity!!
And there's more crap from this pulp fiction magazine if you care to read this article written in 2005.

Ok. Now let me clarify that I am a firm believer of UFOs and ET civilisations. (Check out my threads on this). I ain't discounting aliens having bases on Earth as well as probably on the Moon and Mars.

But there's no such thing as 'Alien bases' on the Indo China border. PERIOD.

So for Chrissake, Ron, don't fall for this bilge!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by patsy22
Isnt it amazing how intellignet people will put together facts to justify
shameful events.

We are not talking about starving people.... we are talking about filth, lack of clean water, and abject poverty.

Your post was the most immoral reading I have read on this thread.

Indian can be truly proud when it can boast its people have the basics that you and I take for granted------ Canada and wheat.???.. 900 million in poverty in India... give me a break.

And if any on here who are posting are British Indians...

perhaps you could tell me.... when you turn on your tap in your kitchen.. do you have water???.. is it clean....??? Do you have open sewars through your lounge???

And yet its ok to justify poverty inIndia,,,,,from your armchair and PC.

This is by far the most ludicrous post on this thread. Not only because of the ignorance of the poster but his condescending admonition of a reality he has no idea of what so ever.

The 900 million in poverty figure you keep throwing up, is a ludicrous number. With a population of a billion people, if 900 million were in poverty the rest of the 100 million would have to be multi-millionaires because the Indian GDP is ranked number 4 in PPP terms and at 12 in USD terms.

As for the naive impression that the most of India has no clean drinking water, open drains through their lounges, etc it is not only blatantly false but also absurd and mad. If what you say were true the population in India would be decreasing rapidly due to poor health not growing in leaps and bounds.

As for providing ALL their citizens with basic amenities being a priority, how come few if any countries in the West have achieved this ? In America alone there are 36 million living in poverty. The UK is still poorer. Why then do the US and Europe etc spend Billions in similar scientific pursuits ?

[edit on 25-10-2008 by IAF101]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

So there is no gate to Shangri La there? Drats

And here I thought we could pass the time with a more pleasant diversion than the other crap...

Your becoming a Top Notch debunker my friend

Oh well I tried... They better hurry and bring those pictures...

But no comments on those orbits? It seems a weird way to get to the moon... and then they switch direction by 90 degrees at Lunar orbit?

[edit on 25-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by patsy22
But hey...lets celebrate a rocket going to the moon.

NOW YOUR TALKING

WAY TO GO INDIA

Only 50 million

NASA spends billions

WHOO HOOO

But if I don't see some cool pictures I will send Marvin the Martian after ya

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Moongate: The Suppressed Findings Of The U.S. Space Program.

Sounds interesting but I'm still working on Tesla Gate which was going
on as I related rocketry history in a previous post.

Lets go back before the missile gap.

Peter van Dresser improved the design of the liquid fueled rocket
engine, so much so Von Braun had to have it and used it on the
V2 rocket system, which also had its gyro problems.
With out that security leak by Dr Goddard perhaps, London would
not have been in reach of the V2.

We may not care now how things happened, but some might like to know.
Again, Tesla Gate is working in the background.

Interesting, so now people now have questions about Moon Missions,
gravity measurement and what China and Japan recorded.

And now India.
Some day we will know what GRIDKEEPER is seeing in orbit.

In any event its a blast.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sentinel2107

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
The launch worked better the the Navy's Vanguard, Eisenhower would be proud.
The Arma and Rockwell gyro group should be proud.
US government developed technology transfer no doubt helped a bit.
Off the sweat of our blueprints.
Government sponsored Science suckers.
Rocket gyro secrets are not as guarded as the Tesla Dynamic Theory of Gravity
and Radiant Free Energy.
RFE is still sitting there in the patent, get it before the OSI takes it away.
ED: Good job, no need for AIG launch insurance. Wink wink LORAL.

[edit on 10/24/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

Seems you are muttering in your sleep. No offence, just a leg-pull!

I'll mutter this... No offence.. wink wink... I'm awake now.
But that was 50s rocket history a little birdie told me.
And a bit of the secret world of Tesla secrets ( which ended
suddenly in 1943).

Among the people exposing the Tesla Free Energy UFO Conspiracy...
there is the assumption that..
Tesla ... invented the aircraft before the propeller plane took off.
I guess before the zeppelin would be false so they can't slip that one by
us.

Tesla's talk of space craft probably got von Braun thinking he
could send a rocket to the moon some day... some think the
Tesla way was also discovered by Von Braun.. but thats only hear say.

On snooze control for the evening.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Interesting, so now people now have questions about Moon Missions,
gravity measurement and what China and Japan recorded.

We wouldn't have QUESTIONS about what China and Japan recorded if they would simply SHOW us what they recorded

That goes for Gridkeeper too

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Patsy your post was not the most ludicrous on this thread but I have seen other posts I would possibly deem ludicrous
but would not be as rude as to point it out - it's all about perspective and Patsy if you put human beings that are suffering above the toys of mankind then I applaud you. I wonder what people will be calling ludicrous over the next 10 years ??

[edit on 25-10-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Rising Above It All

Overall, I think most ATSers get it, but for those who don't: please don't use this thread as a platform for nationalist bigotry, ethnic insults or otherwise bashing the people of India.

Such comments belong somewhere other than ATS.
:shk:

Our topic: India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!

It's a historic space mission. There you go.

[edit on 10/25/2008 by Majic]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by destiny-fate
Patsy your post was not the most ludicrous on this thread but I have seen other posts I would possibly deem ludicrous

Perhaps Patsy could open a thread about this problem on the board and then, like the T&C here stipulate... back up the claims made with links to hard facts and proof of allegations rather than disrupt a thread on a totally different topic with obviously biased hate mongering inaccurate 'facts'

Then perhaps the post would not seem ludicrous

EDIT TO ADD

Sorry Majic our posts overlapped

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

That goes for Gridkeeper too

Well well. I think grid is doing all he can.
Especially against the attacks of the Illuminati, cut some slack.
He won't give in to the phonies of Intel and be like Billy Meier.

So India goes the way of Illuminati training like China and Japan.
Lets not forget how China developed satellite launch capability.
It bring a chuckle to LORAL fans.
LORAL did what the mortgage market did to AIG, the launches
sent off by China were insured.
When costly satellites went into the drink, heads had to roll.
That brought in pressure from the elites to bring the secrets too China.
I don't think Russia helped out China with that much technology.
Too close of a neighbor and untrustworthy perhaps.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
So what's the go???

NO PICTURES of ANYTHING yet???

Looks like India Space Program is just another NASA (NAZI) in disguise.

Damn this annoys me.

Still, we always have Blossom to fall back on hehe. I give her more credit than what crap they tell us (and that ain't a lot either).

wZn

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

How childish and immature some of you are ! Patsy and the few others that questioned the moral reasoning behind sending a rocket to the moon while millions of people live in abject poverty have just as much right to voice their opinion as anyone else here on ATS !!! From my perspective she was hardly off topic - as the discussion centred around - India's Shandrydan - and why not the moral implications associated with the cost of that mission ?

She made a very honest observation and I admire her for having the guts to come out and say so - full well knowing her words would probably end up being distorted and twisted to suit those in favour of mans scientific and technological advancements at the expense of their fellow man. I was not going to sit by and watch her get kicked from pillar to post for sharing her concerns and I will not stand down now !

I do not believe Patsy was using this thread for nationalist bigotry, ethnic insults or otherwise bashing the people of India. If you cannot see her intentions were kind and genuine - I feel sorry for you! The general consensus - even in the West - is that the money spent on space travel could be better spent here on this beautiful wonderful and amazing planet we all call home !

Is Space Exploration worth the cost?

Oh and about your comment pertaining to the fact such opinions belong somewhere else other than ATS ? Perhaps the greatest conspiracy of all is the constant manipulation by the hierarchy of this planet to control the masses - by keeping their minds dizzy with technology to the point they loose sight of their ability to reach their full potential as a united collective ? The hierarchy keep the masses blind to truth. But by all means continue with your admiration of these material accomplishments - although in my honest opinion it is the unseen hidden elements everyone should be worrying about and focusing on - but good luck with that.

Oh and if you delete my post please make sure you are diplomatic and delete everyone else that has made personal scathing unnecessary attacks on others hey !
I will not be responding to anymore comments on this thread as I know I am totally wasting my time anyway.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Indian Times

reply to post by destiny-fate

Ouch! Sorry, but I didn't mean to come across as suggesting that opinions against the mission were off limits.

Rather, I was concerned about the opportunistic sniping against the people of India that was taking place. I'm sure you are aware of the stereotypes.

Please don't misunderstand my intent -- although I can understand how easy it would be. There is a difference between arguing for a different set of spending priorities for the Indian government and India-bashing.

If you oppose missions like these, it is not for me to gainsay you nor suggest you shouldn't say so. Rather, I just ask that my fellow members avoid falling into the trap of deriding India for being India.

The question of India's priorities with regard to space exploration is wide open, and I don't wish to discourage debate over that. But the abuse of ethnic Indian stereotypes and ridicule of the people of India is inappropriate for ATS and must end.
:shk:

If the distinction is in any way unclear, please don't hesitate to call me out on it.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Then I apologize - for taking your words out of context . Although you did post straight after me lol easy mistake - so sorry and I agree with you completely NO India bashing. I just felt Patsy was getting a bit of a hammering for her posts. I spoke to her by email and she is a beautiful person with a huge heart - someone that cares deeply about people from all socio-economic backgrounds. Sorry again lol

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Crossing The Streams

It is all too easy to misunderstand the relatively dry, emotionless streams of text we are forced to express ourselves with, but for whatever it may be worth, I am quite confident that your heart is in the right place, and pray you will never hesitate to speak your mind on ATS.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Your becoming a Top Notch debunker my friend

I agree with Zorgon.

MikeS, I too expected a more open mindedness from a "conspiracy researcher." You just don't know what kernel of truth might exist in all those reports

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

But no comments on those orbits? It seems a weird way to get to the moon... and then they switch direction by 90 degrees at Lunar orbit?

Actually those orbital maneuvers makes sense for ISRO since its expertise, based on experience, is on such maneuvers of its satellites rather than on having a long distance potshot at the moon. Remember the early bird from Russia - It missed the mood by a very wide margin.

Thats my opinion, anyway.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sentinel2107
Actually those orbital maneuvers makes sense for ISRO since its expertise, based on experience, is on such maneuvers of its satellites rather than on having a long distance potshot at the moon.

Its the time factor that I am having issues with as each orbit has to make the round trip back. If a trip to the moon is 5 days out and five days back, all the separate stages of the orbits would require many days to complete each loop, each loop longer than the next.

Unless I missed something... which is possible I been so busy... just doesn't sound right. I will do some math tomorrow

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I don't think it switches orbit 90 degrees!
That's just a two part diagram to show the initial and final orbits around the Moon. They had to show it this way as there's just so much space. With this, you don't have to scroll all the way to the right as it's all on just one page!

Cheers!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join