It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
NO PICTURES of ANYTHING yet???

Ummm can we at least let them GET THERE first?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by patsy22

yea but I do...
so what's your point dammit?!!
The argument is strawman..
either ways.. cancelling the space program doesn't make sense!!!
unless you can effectively prove otherwise!!
:|

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sentinel2107

Originally posted by zorgon
Mike! Your becoming a Top Notch debunker my friend

I agree with Zorgon.

MikeS, I too expected a more open mindedness from a "conspiracy researcher." You just don't know what kernel of truth might exist in all those reports

Hi Sentinel! OK, I have an open mind but not so open that I allow muck to waft in!!

Now regarding this particular case where you think there is a kernel of truth in the article in that tabloid stating that Alien bases are on the Indo-Chinese border, allow me to clarify.

Senior Army officers obviously know what the heck’s going on in their area of responsibility, which in my case was more than a hundred kilometers along the Indo-China border. Add to this, friends of neighboring brigades and the area of responsibility extends up to a thousand kilometers!

Now, we are supposed to know our areas as well as the back of our hands. With all those patrols from our battalions carrying out area domination as well as recon 24x7, it’s not possible that we didn’t know of a UFO base there. Simple logic! And to cap it all, we have ‘India Daily’ telling us that armored brigades were sent there for security of those UFO bases? Now don’t you think this is a load of bullsh!t? Armored brigades operating in our area of responsibility and we didn’t know? And in mountainous terrain 16,000 feet high?

OK. I can’t say if there are alien bases deep inside Chinese territory, out of range of our available recon assets. But there are none towards the Indian side. PERIOD!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Way to go INDIA!!! We in America have a lot of fans in India. They respect our freedom and democracy. I hope they have more good launches.
I have read some of their ancient texts many years ago. I think it was Sanskrit. It talked a lot about flying machines and space travel.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Hi Sentinel! OK, I have an open mind but not so open that I allow muck to waft in!!

Now regarding this particular case where you think there is a kernel of truth in the article in that tabloid stating that Alien bases are on the Indo-Chinese border, allow me to clarify.

Senior Army officers obviously know what the heck’s going on in their area of responsibility, .......

OK. I can’t say if there are alien bases deep inside Chinese territory, out of range of our available recon assets. But there are none towards the Indian side. PERIOD!

Okay, I accept all that from a senior conspiracy theorist
. But, for your own future health, wouldn't it have been better if, instead of the term "PERIOD," you had used something like "COMMA" or "SEMI-COLON" so as to just leave an escape hatch open for later ?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   

wouldn't it have been better if, instead of the term "PERIOD," you had used something like "COMMA" or "SEMI-COLON" so as to just leave an escape hatch open for later ?

Ok! Agreed! Alien bases maybe a thousand years in the future! But right now it's PERIOD!!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
[edit on 26-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft has entered deep space after crossing the 150,000 km (one and a half lakh km) distance mark from the Earth. ?This happened after the successful completion of the spacecraft’s third orbit raising manoeuvre today (October 26, 2008) morning.

Source...

Sorry MikeS for upstaging you on this one!

[edit on 26/10/2008 by sentinel2107]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sentinel2107

Thanks sentinel!
Saved me the bother of typing it out here! Hmmm...Deep space! Conjures up visions of star trek!
Only in this case the Chandrayaan has gone where others have been before!!

But the real stuff is up ahead. Once the mapping starts.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
wooo hooo!! half way there.. fingers crossed..

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Thanks sentinel!
Saved me the bother of typing it out here! Hmmm...Deep space! Conjures up visions of star trek!
Only in this case the Chandrayaan has gone where others have been before!!

Well, even NASA went were others have gone before (long long back). So ISRO is in good company.

But the real stuff is up ahead. Once the mapping starts.

Even before that, the dread of "UNEXPECTED" death or "UNEXPECTED" system failure looms. Like the loss of the Russian Phobos probe!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

"it’s not possible that we didn’t know of a UFO base"

But lest we forget; the dastardly aliens have nefarious technologies that makes us forget things or that render our minds unable of perceiving that which they do not want to be perceived or even remembered. (I hear they can do similiar things with their minds, though only for a limited period of time)

This is why those poor astronauts can't remember being on the moon. The aliens influenced their minds, specifically memory.

The alien's have technology that can also affect our own equipment - just watch as the camera or transmitter fails on India's Moon probe.... just like what happens with NASA

It's not subterfuge, secrecy or incompetence. It is aliens. It is not like there some shadowy cabal running the world and severely restricting what information the common man receives about outer space.

I hope there isn't a triumvirate of Freemasons, Magicians and Nazis secretly running India's space program.

What do you think of this idea Mikesingh - Do you think the Indian space program is more clean cut than NASA?

Do you think they will be more open in regards to releasing data and images from their moon probe?

I sure hope so. I'm glad for India. That's right - GLAD!

[edit on 26-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
reply to post by mikesingh

I hope there isn't a triumvirate Freemasons, Magicians and Nazis secretly running India's space program.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

In my opinion, this triumvirate never had the time, the inclination, the need or the leverage to control India's space program.

Although, it is kinda strange that as compared to all other government organisations, ISRO seems to be the only one with productivity and efficiency comparable to private enterprises. Makes one wonder!! What's your opinion MikeS?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Well, even NASA went were others have gone before (long long back). So ISRO is in good company.

Jury is still out on that one
besides they forgot how to do it...

Oh wait that's just the landing

But I see India adopted NASA's favorite sport... slamming impactors into things

By the time we get back there the place will be a war zone of littered space debris

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

Originally posted by patsy22

"This is by far the most ludicrous post on this thread. Not only because of the ignorance of the poster but his condescending admonition of a reality he has no idea of what so ever. "

Firstly, I am " She..... and secondly ho wdo you know what I now of India???

And if India wants to boast of things it is proud of....... theni ts must accept critcism of what it shoud be ashamed off.

"""The 900 million in poverty figure you keep throwing up, is a ludicrous number.""""

If you go further up the thread you will see why I am using that figure - as it was quoted.

"naive impression that the most of India has no clean drinking water"
"open drains through their lounges,"

Are we talking about the same India here??? Naive impression and false... not the regions i visited....oh of course unless we are talking about the higher classes???

"As for providing ALL their citizens with basic amenities being a priority, how come few if any countries in the West have achieved this ? In America alone there are 36 million living in poverty. The UK is still poorer. Why then do the US and Europe etc spend Billions in similar scientific pursuits ? "

My friend India has a long way to go to get on a par with even the worst living conditions in the US and UK. I would gladly ask you to take me to any part of the UK that holds its citzens in abject poverty.

India....the UK has loads of faults.... has committed many crimes.... but
we learnt from the past on what should be the basic living condtions and sanitary conditions.

Clean water. Toilets with proper drainage. We had reformers who fought for this basic human right...... long before missions into space.

Progress,,,, spend billions....but dont pretend this is for the people or the poor.........

I want to leave this thread alone..... but while ever I keep reading inhuman and immoral posts........ from people who think I never been to India....never seen the slums and the poverty... then I cant.

Dont try to kid people it doesnt exist...... I think we all know the truth... dont you.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by IAF101]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

I never said cancel the space program.

But if progress can be achieved in space.... a massive achievment..

wouldnt it have tasted sweeter.... if we could look at the country and see billions spent on improving the quality of life too.

Progress in science and progress in caring for the people can sit side by side.

Or maybe one is more important than the other???

From some of the comments on here.... knowing the culture.... I think I know the answer to that one.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I predict that this will get pictures showing the same thing that the original NASA photos show. Once they are released, people will be groaning that it is another NASA cover-up, rather then simply accepting that there is nothing up there but a bunch of dirt and rocks. Same thing happened when someone else sent the other probe up there, the Japanese or Chinese ( I forget who it was).

Probably the only prediction that will come true anytime in the near future on ATS.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Firstly, I am " She..... and secondly ho wdo you know what I now of India???

We don't because so far you have not backed it up with ANY facts or links. All I see is angry posts with your personal opinion.

You simply assume that we do not care or are unaware of the world problems... but attacking the space program of any country is not going to help. The money spent is a drop in the bucket compared to military spending and other government waste.

The day before 9/11 (banner will appear
) Rumsfeld announce we were missing 3.5 TRILLION and that 25% of DoD spending is 'unaccounted for. The next day Bush was asking for MORE billions for the war...

Why not address those spending issues? 50 million against those numbers is not even a flicker. And I am quite impressed they did it so cheap.

Now then what have YOU done to help starving people in your OWN country? Ever worked for charity? I have... our group has also raised MILLIONS for mentally challenged kids right here in my home town of Las Vegas

So please do not presume you know anything...

And please take your crusade and start another thread... I will be happy to address your issues there

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The orbital maneuvers at the third orbital raise to 64,600 km at apogee seems to be at odds with what is specified in the brochure on ISRO website, wherein it should have been sent to 387,000 km. Guess they have added another substep, probably reacting in real time to the orbital data being received.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

This is by far the most ludicrous post on this thread. Not only because of the ignorance of the poster but his condescending admonition of a reality he has no idea of what so ever.

So standing up for poor is ignorant now???? That's a new one but not surprising coming from you!

Americas poverty compared to indias poverty is a luxury.In US one has more opportunities to get out of poverty unlike india where one needs Big money to take any step towards better life.There's no welfare system in India,it's all about beg or die hungry like a dog.

TextAs for providing ALL their citizens with basic amenities being a priority, how come few if any countries in the West have achieved this ? In America alone there are 36 million living in poverty. The UK is still poorer. Why then do the US and Europe etc spend Billions in similar scientific pursuits ?

UK is poor??
I live in UK and seeing a beggar is kinda rare.The beggars i see also seem to enjoy what they do by playing their little guitars with their little dogs next to them.I think they take it as a profession.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join