It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Cloud Over London...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by fill0000I have no idea why it appeared bright pink, but I know water vapour reflecting sunlight can produce red/orange colours.

Well considering this image is looking directly at the sun... what filter is being used? Maybe that would explain the PINK hue?
you're not the first to fall for that one (I fell for it too) that's not the sun,it's a street lamp. (this was taken at 8.30 pm,it gets dark around 7)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If its a light from the ground thats more reasonable but it does show something about the "experts" who automatically offer their explanation for this in the article. As usual they just randomly guess something and its published as "expert opinion".

If these experts would either study the phenomenon and come up with something sensible or just be quiet about it, it might help matters no end.

In tired of seeing "expert scientists" presenting their worldly view on UFOs without any time spent studying or thinking about it, they just pick and guess and tell us what it is.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by clanky2008

Why has no-one said anything about the green shuttle cock light by the church tower? have seen it in few different pics and it moves position and isn't attatched to the church or a post or anything...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver6ix
I know in 35 years ive never seen a lurid pink cloud reflecting city lights and I grew up with clouds over head most of my life (coming from scotland thats the most normal thing)

I have hundreds of pics of weird clouds... but nothing that has that PINK color and ONLY that color... no rainbow refraction I have seen has that PINK color... hence the reason I asked about filters. Even as it disperses amongst other clouds it retains the same shade of PINK... If its city or other light reflecting why only on that cloud, especially once it's dispersing... no reflection on any other cloud

If its from the sun below the horizon... why is it coloring the lower cloud while the higher ones are dark...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
... It's the GFL spreading "Love & Light"

For someone who was so upset about the GFL spam...

Hello Kettle this is Pot

Hello Pot!

Guilty As Charged!

Hey - At least I made myself laugh!

IRM

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Quote: "Well considering this image is looking directly at the sun... what filter is being used? Maybe that would explain the PINK hue? "

I would refer you back to the people who started their posts with "I saw this too.." They didn't have lens filters (or did they? Scoundrels!).

Having grown up in London, on a hill with a westerly view (I saw the sun set over Wimbledon too many times to count), and seen more than my fair share of weather phenomena , I never saw anything that was bright pink.

I'm not going to jump up and down and shout "ET" here, but it's NOT weather phenomena. It may well be some publicity stunt (vague, but possible), but it isn't water droplets.

I'm just flabbergasted that the press immediately went to an "expert" and gave (i.e. force-fed) everyone a simple explanation..."Nothing to see here....carry on with your shopping..." rather than digging a little deeper.

As one poster so beautifully put it, "Bollocks"

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by clanky2008

Is that a possible ufo at the side of the church tower. I typed this in google and found this video from 2004. It had been uploaded recently due to the youtuber recently noticing a possible UFO in frame 0.43.

uk.youtube.com...

uk.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-10-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Great to see so much interest in this picture!

I think we can all conclude that this is either an ellaborate hoax/PR stunt or a genuinely unexplainable phenomena that has to be investigated more. I too lived in the UK for over thirty years and recall seeing many shapes, colours of clouds, but never anything quite like this!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Someone on the paper's post said the Breast cancer thing... and that the whitehouse was lit up pink.

So maybe check the local papers if any event of any kind happened on that day

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Total Package

But if you look at the picture, the sun is still up, so the sun probably doesn't set as early as it is in my neck of the world.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Elizabeth Hurley poses with Beefeaters in front of the Tower of London, which was lit up pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month in central London:

latestnews.virginmedia.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Way to go ZIGGY

They will make you Expert soon

Nice work

Now lets see how the 'experts' handle that little discovery

[edit on 21-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
Elizabeth Hurley poses with Beefeaters in front of the Tower of London, which was lit up pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month in central London:

What a rack. Do you think they could be anymore perfect lol?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Lets all take a moment to chuckle at the MET and its "expert" commentry.

A spokesman said: "If you have very high cloud, as we did last night, you tend to get odd splodges of low cloud that will reflect the pink or sometimes orangey-pink lights of the city from all angles and stand out from the darkness of the sky. "It can be truly spectacular to witness."

Just goes to show you even experts who make a wild guess can get pretty close to the truth. Honestly I wish these "experts" would all just stop pretending to be "experts" on strange phenomenon and punting out one liner guess work to discredit anything they see.

The truth of the light would have come out by itself and the MET wouldnt look kind of daft for suggesting this was normal

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Considering that a few members actually saw this pink cloud, its safe to say that it was not lens flare or a camera artifact.

My guess would be some sort of powerful spotlight for a club.

Is there any more photos of this? If so many people saw it i would imagine there has to be more pics.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Seems the mystery of the pink cloud was solved.

I wanted to add that I've seen pink clouds (not that exact shade of pink shown in the pic) drift by in the middle of the day. It happens during the summer on sunny days, and my guess is pollution. They are usually very low, and drift eastward from downtown Vancouver into the fraser valley between the mountains. They do look somewhat unusual against the backdrop of a blue sky.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

Well Done!
Guess that solves that.
Starred

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Look at the men in the coats!!

They have ER (Etxtreterrestrial Regime) on their chests which gives us conclusive proof of alien life!!

Sorry, couldnt resist that, another mystery solved though.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm sure the Cancer awareness this is connected to this in some way, but it is definatly worth pointing out that the Tower of London is a couple of miles away from where the light was seen and also that where I saw it from (Cannon Street - earlier Post) the Tower of London was a mile behind me and the light was a mile ahead of me. Not to say of course that it wasn't a seperate stunt for the same issue...

Case solved I guess...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Good job guys!

But I'm also wondering about the distance between Mayfair (pink cloud) and The Tower of London (Liz Hurley's fantastic chest!)...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join