It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Cloud Over London...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Total Package

you mean,appart from the BIG GLOWING BALL in the sky,in the picture

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Looks like a light on a lamp post to me

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Actually the story says:

"Bemused bystanders in Mayfair craned their necks to witness the strange alien-like cloud that appeared for just under an hour at around 8:30pm."

So it was at night... that kind of kills off that theory.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Ok I rang him again to clarify the 'movement' bit to what he said originally..

Obviously if he saw it moving then it kinda changes a few things but he cant be convinced it actually moved 'across the sky'.

He reckons it was light reflecting on the clouds from the city which seems the most plausible explanation in my mind. The light has probably passed through something in the atmosphere to give it the pink appearance. All my opinion of course.

So sorry folks - nothing Alien here...LOL

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It is either due to the diffraction of light by the atmosphere or might be due to the lens flare, I have seen it occuring a lot of times.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Looks like part of a Sun Dog to me. This is connected to the angle of the sun, so it would appear to move relatively fast as the sun rises.

WG3

PS: I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the triangular UFO heading behind the tower.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by waveguide3]

[edit on 21-10-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Can anyone produce a photo of a luminous pink cloud?

I mean if thats the explanation then during all the years of clouds over cities im pretty sure someone has photograhped such a beautiful and rare cloud color havent they?

I know in 35 years ive never seen a lurid pink cloud reflecting city lights and I grew up with clouds over head most of my life (coming from scotland thats the most normal thing)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Any idea as to what this is, or could be? [object squared in red]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Total Package

Originally posted by CosmicTraveler

LOL... this might just be a guess... but I don't think that photo was taken during the day... so there was no sun

I was gonna say what are you a total package of.. but after looking again i see that you are correct.. that
isnt the sun.. damn that light is blinding though.. nowonder the sky is lit up so bright for 8:30pm.. they
need to switch some off in that area of london..

Well that came out wrong... o well pink cloud it is then..

[edit on 21-10-2008 by CosmicTraveler]

[edit on 21-10-2008 by CosmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Total Package

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Looks like a light on a lamp post to me
you're right,I prefusley appologise for the sarcasm. Cos now I looks like a muppet

*bows head in shame*
*lack of blushing smiley*

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
any1 still remember the threads from d4rk kn1ght ?
He predicted more and more strange lights and sounds, all leading up to a big "dark knight"
I dont know exact date anymore, but it does seem to me that there is an increasing video and photomaterial of weird lights and sometimes they even produce sounds.
Stephenville lights for example, and now this pink cloud and many other examples i can give (Or just search in this forum for strange lights, ufo likes etc.)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I personally saw this last night. I work near cannon street and this week I have been working the night shift. I went for a cigarette (tobacco!) down by the side of the Thames and had a very clear view accross to the West where this light was. From the angle I could see from clouds were intermittently moving ocross the sky between me and the light making it dissapear now and then. What was obvious was that the light was stationary.

Personally I think it was some kind of light being projected upwards from the city, I wouldn't be suprised if it is some kind of advertising stunt which we will hear more about in the coming days or weeks.

What I dont agree with, as has been mentioned before on this subject, is that it was some strange atmospheric effect. I lived for 18 years in a flat which looked out from the top of Blackheath Hill with an amazing panoramic view of the London skyline and I have NEVER seen a light as bright and intense as this. I have seen many pink skys and lovely sunsets, but this light appeared several hours after the sun had dissapeared from the London sky.

In summary its advetising or Aliens!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

Lens flare. Most pictures with the sun in or near the frame have one.

[edit on 2008-10-21 by nablator]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I would be interested to know what direction the cloud moved in as I am not that far from London so am sure if it had been a cloud It would have been seen in my neck of the woods....unless it dispersed into the atmosphere...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
... It's the GFL spreading "Love & Light"

For someone who was so upset about the GFL spam...

Hello Kettle this is Pot

It's OBVIOUS some Chemtrail plane dumped its load prematurely and it took a while to disperse.

Oh yeah? prove me wrong then

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The little green flash above the tree is lens flare...

But the pink is a could. You all DID see the dispersion image yes?

[edit on 21-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Can't be Lense Flare, people could see the cloud drifting over, I have no idea why it appeared bright pink, but I know water vapour reflecting sunlight can produce red/orange colours.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by fill0000I have no idea why it appeared bright pink, but I know water vapour reflecting sunlight can produce red/orange colours.

Well considering this image is looking directly at the sun... what filter is being used? Maybe that would explain the PINK hue?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Having looked at the photos on the page link, it does appear there is a shaft of faint light coming from the ground , I would agree it is being projected from the ground. Also on the 3 pictures presented the 'cloud' doesen't move position in relation to the church , so it is not 'drifting' either . Pretty though lol

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This has also been reported in the telegraph www.telegraph.co.uk... . Its seems that it may well have been a light source from the ground shined into the clouds as they passed overhead.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by tarifa37]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join