It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Cloud Over London...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
What do people think of this picture featured in The Daily Mail??

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by clanky2008

It looks to me like Northern Lights.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
was there an article that went with the pic?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
looks like flare to me

1 liner? naah look,there's a joke at the bottom

did you hear the one about the magic alien on a tractor? It turned into a field!!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
here is the link

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Yes. It claims it can be explained by either refraction of ice crystals in the upper atmosphere, or a prank on behalf of the Breast Cancer organization. Neither seem plausible to me...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Thats a great pic, and very unusual, any info on things like time of night, how long did the colouring of the sky remain there?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Project Bluebeam Test Run

Anyone?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Here 's the original article...

Pictured: The mystery pink light that appeared over LondonBy Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 11:01 AM on 21st October 2008
Comments (0) Add to My Stories While a pink sky at night might be a shepherd's delight, London residents were left scratching their heads early this morning as a mysterious pink cloud drifted over the city.
Bemused bystanders in Mayfair craned their necks to witness the strange light that appeared for just under an hour.

Scroll down for more

Let there be light: The pink clouds drift over London

A cloud is usually made up of a visible mass of droplets or frozen crystals floating in the atmosphere above the surface of the Earth or another planetary body.
Pink clouds occur almost entirely at sunrise and sunset and are the result of the scattering of sunlight by the atmosphere.

The clouds themselves are not pink - they reflect rays of sunlight which are predominant at that time.

But this atmospheric phenomenon is so far unexplained.

There has been some speculation that it is a promotion by Breast Cancer Awareness, which is associated with the colour pink.

Or maybe, with UFOs once again hitting the headlines this week, it is the vapour trail from an alien spacecraft.
Did you see the mystery pink light? Let us know by leaving a reader comment at the bottom of the story.

Scroll down for more

Pink sky at night: The mystery light drifts over a London church

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

ahh thank : ) you the reason I asked was to specifically rule out lens flare or other photo anomaly. not sure I'd buy the given explanation of sunlight refraction myself. if that were so I wouldn't think the color would be so uniform... or so intensely pink. so long story short... I haven't the foggiest... no pun intended.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Not sure what's causing it exactly, but it seems to be in line with the sun.
Just based on the picture, it seems to be related to the sun, possibly some kind of refraction.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Well it's clear that it isn't UFO related.

The Sun didn't report it.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terrapop
Project Bluebeam Test Run

Anyone?

No! It's not project Bluebeam!! HOW RIDICULOUS!!!

... It's the GFL spreading "Love & Light"

IRM

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Has no one heard of H.A.A.R.P. ? This is a US iniative research program that has been going on in Alaska for the last several years whereby they can affectively control the upper atmosphere using high and low (mostly the latter) radio frequency to not only influence weather conditions but geological sysmic (eg: China) affects targeted around the world. Too the program has the capacity to create holographic like images (appearing as apperitions) in the sky. My suggestion is this is a test of that capability not from the standpoint of `can they do it' but more to gain public reaction ie how will they respond to the appearance of an apperition say of Jesus or some other mystical creation that would have an impact on society.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
My kodak camera produces pink splodges like that.. it varies depending on how you have it pointing towards the sun..

see here

i292.photobucket.com...
i292.photobucket.com...

So that article is talking b*****ks

And anyway pink clouds are not to unusual to see when the sun goes down

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicTraveler
My kodak camera produces pink splodges like that.. it varies depending on how you have it pointing towards the sun..

see here

i292.photobucket.com...
i292.photobucket.com...

So that article is talking b*****ks

And anyway pink clouds are not to unusual to see when the sun goes down

LOL... this might just be a guess... but I don't think that photo was taken during the day... so there was no sun

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicTraveler

thats a good point, but doesnt really respond to the fact that "Bemused bystanders in Mayfair craned their necks to witness the strange light that appeared for just under an hour!" .

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
THis is what I hate about "expert" explanations.

Ive been alive 35 years and ive seen the moon red, brown, orange, white, ive seen clouds of all shapes and colours and sizes, ive seen all sorts of phenomenal things.

In truth though ive got to suy lurid pink clouds floating over a city due to the refraction of street lights (which are orange) is just hilarious.

Anyone who grew up in the UK like myself would know that coulds over cities is something you see a LOT of. Theres loads of clouds in the UK< and street lights reflecting in them is very common, they reflect a dirty orange glow, always.

Now someone telling me that for some reason a single cloud floating over London decided it was going to reflect lurid pink is just amusing. In all the years of clouds passing Londong no cloud has ever been PINK, and yet the "reasonable" explanation is to use a phenomenon which in the UK happens on a daily basis and suggest it caused this?

Seriosly, bollocks. If clouds turned pink like that dure to that sort of light we would have seen it PLENTY of times in what is one of the cloudiest countries in the world. The simple law of averages suggests that in my life having seen a billion cloudy skies over cities, as has everyone else, that we would have seen this sort of natural phenomenon before.

Id be willing to bet if you asked all the people in the UK kif they have ever seen a cloud turned bright lurid pink because of city lights they would just look at you as if you took some drugs before talking.

Please, is that the best the experts can do? I dont know what they bothered. Come up with a #ing sensible answer.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Interestingly I was just on the phone to a friend in London who said he saw this..

The 'cloud' was indeed pink and did indeed make its way across the sky very slowly until he had to go back inside to work, was gone when he came back out about an hor later...could he hazard a guess at what it was? Nope. Few people talking about it but no-one overly 'buzzed' at it.

Indeed - quite odd...but I would guess thats there a atmospheric explanation to it..

[edit on 21-10-2008 by pedetemptim]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join