It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
You think the the us gouverment is going to help us?

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
The Mayans were very smart. They predict that on December 21 2012 our world will come to an end.

they didn't predict that. that's just when their calendar ended. mine ends on december 31st, 2004. will the world end then? not if i buy next year's calendar...

One recent thing is that since 1987 time has been speeding up. In fact a day from outside our galaxy appears to be 16 hours long. We still feel like it has been 24 hours only because of relativity.

well since mass warps the fabric of space/time, creating a sort of well or indentation, this happens. mass has been around since just 1987? weird... i thought that it's been around since the beginning of our universe. and they've done experiments with this. sychronize two clocks. leave one here on earth, send the other into orbit. the one in orbit will speed up since it's furth from the mass of the earth.

Well on December 21 2012 our earth will be at the equater of the galaxy.

yay! a fact! last time the sun was around this position was around the time the dinosaurs died out. there's lots of debris and whatnot in this area.

Not strange enough? Our galaxy will be EXACTLY alligned with two other galaxies the exact date and time the Mayans predicted. 2012 is a very very scary year.

so you know, you could take probably a million million galaxies and line them up, with the milky way either at an end or center of the line then, at any moment, at any time, right? also, what two galaxies? i'd like to know for my own personal amusement.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Greetings.

I also do not belive, that the world is going to end. Rather I see it as the beginning of a new aeons, as some of you have quickly pointed out.

Right now societies are starting to play their usual powergames.....The stake is who will control the new aeon, they are trying, but will they be successful. Only time will tell.

I will keep an eye out for the coming economic struggle, but I don't think the world's going to end.

BF.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The mayans didn't predict a big change, the calander just ended. Maybe whoever was making it died?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Look at all the hype there was about Y2K. NOTHING HAPPENED! Some people thought it was going to be the apocalypse. I knew people who were staying at home on New Year's Eve so they could die in their own beds. And the people who didn't even claim to believe that anything would happen were still stocking up on canned goods and bottled water. I worked at a supermarket as a cashier, and almost everybody had double cartloads of non-perishable foods, water, batteries, and even ammo. I'm sure a few people are already planning to do the same thing in 2012. I don't really blame them because there is so much crap going on in the world right now.

The end may be near, but it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Mayan calendar. They may have put off calculating beyong that date because it didn't concern them at the moment. It does seem ominous that it just ends then for no apparent reason, but we should be more worried about our own government leading us straight to the brink of a "new age".

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
"dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
-James Dean

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
some of this stuff sounds like baloney to me

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
and the mayan calendar ended dec. 22 2012

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
If you look at a map of pangia,(no don't laugh- really),
and corrolate where the Mayan, Sumerian, and Egyptian civilizations would have been, (where their present locations would be located), you'll find something interesting.
Now read what the ancient Sumerians had to say about the year 2012, (the orbit of the planet "Nibiru"), and the "Fith World".

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
end of the 5th age of the sun the completion of a great cycle within a greater cycle death and rebirth revolution for all, be they willing or no

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join